“Nice Place - Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
New York City, New York
“Nice Place - Good Location”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Friendly Staff, Clean and comfortable rooms, Free Wi-Fi Internet, convenient location at reasonable prices. The owner was himself around to take care of things and greet the guests. I liked this place - nice and relaxing, Will come here and stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bimbinee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Golden Isles of Georgia, Georgia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was the worst hotel, I have ever stayed in, there were roaches every where. The bathroom towels were dingy, the phone did not have a cord so you could not call 911 if you needed to. The mini fridge didn't work. There was no shower curtain in the bathroom and we had to ask for towels the next day because the bathroom was clean they took the dirty towels and did not replace it with clean ones. I would say pay extra to go somewhere else safer and more decent. They do not deserve to have the CLARION INN"S name. I have been to Clarion Inn's before and this was hideous. The staff needs training and the place needs to be remolded, stay at your own risk. The door looked like someone had tried to pry it open at one time. I felt very unsafe. Don't stay here it is not worth the money!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
1 Thank Yvette I
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Worst Bathroom ever
Terrible Service
Limited Amount of Outlets
Horrible Management
Limited time for breakfast

In case you plan an event:
Dirty Floors
Big Cockroaches when ever you see one
Unsanitary kitchen

And a little advise:

When you eat breakfast here, eat your own risk.

What I'm saying is that this hotel is the second worst hotel I've ever stayed in. When my mom looked up this hotel, it seemed nice, but when we arrived, it was downright disgusting. The bathroom has no tub, it took extremely long for housekeeping to bring us towels, the breakfast is horrible, there is a limited amount of outlets, and when you plan an event, the reception room has floors so dirty, you can see big cockroaches, and the nastiest kitchen ever.

The pictures on the website is full of lies, and we should've seen it coming. DO NOT EVEN BOTHER STAYING AT THIS HOTEL, you'll thank me later.

2 Thank Aleyah W
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The room was not clean when we arrived..no pillow cases, carpet not vacuumed. It took over 30 minutes for housekeeping to come. By this time, we had found another hotel and decided to leave. The area didn't seem like a safe environment.

2 Thank Felicia0415
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a double, upon check in I was given a King due to their system not updating during the time I booked. Staff tried to force me to pay more for double even though I had email confirmation and screen shot of initial booking confirmation. I had to argue to them how was that my fault before they obliged me. Reservation guaranteed a 1st floor room, I did NOT receive one. The 2nd floor room was very shabby. Remote control didn't work on the tube style television, the towels and wash clothes looked used they were so dingy, the shower handle was broken, actually came off. Sink stopper was being the faucet. Tub caulk peeling and caked up obviously due to access mold cover up. I was too afraid to bath my baby in the dingy looking tub, I used a towel in the shower floor to bathe. Their was 1 working ice machine for entire place. Bathroom floor grout and caulking had same issue as shower ealls. The corners of the bathroom wall were also showing cracking signs. I assumes the name meant some sort of quality.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ivory Y
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We were at this hotel in May, and it was an excellent value! We were with another family and had wonderful service and some rooms are pet friendly. The hotel lobby was very nicely decorated and recently redecorated in rich woods and beautiful greens. Breakfast was included and was a perfect beginning for a day at the beach! We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014
ClarionGM23, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Clarion of Brunswick! We appreciate your feedback and I've shared it with my team. Your comments serve as encouragement for all of our staff so we can continue to improve. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Warmest Regards,

Caile Mir
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I just stayed there for 2 nights. REALLY nice boutique type looking hotel; lobby and staff are great, bar is brand new and super nice (not yet opened), but owner was around and gave me a drink. Room was super clean with what looked like new bedding, etc. Will definitely be back when on business again next mth in GA

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great review! I'll be sure to pass your comments onto our staff, they'll be thrilled! We hope to see you back again soon!

Regards,