“very disappointed!”

Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Venice, Florida
“very disappointed!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My main complaint was the bed! The thin bottom sheet kept sliding off, mainly because of NO sheet protector underneath. It just had a pad under the sheet that kept getting bunched up. I don't enjoy sleeping on a bare mattress, and half the night I woke up to this happening! Because of this my husband and I did not get much sleep, I must rethink staying at RR Inn's. We travel to New England every summer from Florida and spend three nights in hotels on the way up and on the way back. Most are at RR Inn's. I also don't appreciate having to wait about 5 minutes on the day of checkout, since there was nobody at the desk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Timeko D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We appreciate your recent visit to Red Roof Inn & Suites and for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor report. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during you stay at the hotel. Since you visit with us at the Red Roof Inn, Brunswick, GA, we have made some changes to the beds and the sheets, so that they fit better. I am sorry that you were delayed in checking out the property, but there are times when there is only one clerk working and they are having to assist a guest on property, which would require them departing the front desk for a short period. Thank you for taking the time in providing us feedback and we love to have you back the next time you drive through the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boston
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This property is very run down and in need of repair and update. The hallways smell like a swamp. The carpet in our room was so dirty that after taking a shower and walking on it my feet were black! There was no hot water, only luke warm. There were roaches in the room. The bathroom fixtures were old and worn out and only barely functional.

The air conditioner was old and very noisy.

The breakfast was minimal. Fruit loops, raisin bran, stale pastries and plain instant oatmeal. The waffle maker was broken.

The only think I can say that were positive: the sheets and towels were clean, and there were no biting bugs. The service at the front desk was very friendly.

I would not recommend this property until it is updated. Not up to Red Roof standards. This was bad enough that I plan to take the unusual step of making a specific complaint to Red Roof headquarters.

Room Tip: Sleep elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate your recent visit to Red Roof Inn & Suites and for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor report. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during you stay at the hotel. We have updated our property since your last stay which includes new carpeting, changing the beds out, new fridges and microwaves. Thank you again for your comments and we are taking the appropriate steps to move forward with your suggestions and observations.

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Not up to typical Red Roof standards. Lopsided head board, thin pillows, bathroom not cleaned well....unsual for Red Roof. I wonder if the management here is not keeping up with these things that affect business so much.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SunshineMasai
Kimberly T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your comments, your feedback is very important to us. I apologize your stay did not meet your expectations and we certainly are improving based on your comments. Since your stay with us, we have added pillows to our monthly orders. We continue to improve...and yes, housekeeping too! Thank you again for your feedback. I invite you back during your next trip; your business is important to us and we would love the opportunity to meet your expectations.
Best Regards
Amelia Island, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Thank you red roof we had an awesome stay! They are a pet friendly hotel my dog (Mr. Skippy) had plenty of room in the courtyard to walk around and I enjoyed the pool as well. They just finished renovating the halls and put down new carpet. Our room was very clean and spacious thank Ms. Angela for that - she and her housekeeping crew are very thorough! This hotel was convenient for everything right off the interstate within walking distance were two restaurants ( Cracker Barrel and Krystals ) and a gas station. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends passing through Brunswick GA! I'll be back on my way home.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Emily, thank you for taking time to write about your experience. I am so glad you and Mr. Skippy had a great time! Mr. Skippy sure did enjoy the large pet walk area. I have passed your message on to the housekeeping crew. Thanks again and we look forward to your next trip.
Geneva
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Nice place takes pets very good experience other than towel service from maids.nice pool friendly staff takes pets and nice clean rooms.suppose to be replacing carpet the downfall of the property.but they do have a laundry room for guests too a plus.

Room Tip: If you have pets request downstairs close to door
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kimberly T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write your review. It's great to hear from our guest! And YES we just finished replacing the carpet in the hallways. On your next visit, we would love to hear from you again and tell us what you think of the carpet. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

OMG I almost decided to sleep in my car instead.Carpets in hallways were beyond disgusting , vending machines broken, and a musty old cigarette smell throughout our room and the entire place. I'm not even sure how the cockroaches stand it here.Put several of them out of their misery. I'd sleep on the interstate before I'd go back to this place.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank NCDMZ
Kimberly T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
I apologize you did not have a great experience with us. I do thank you for the review. We at Red Roof Brunswick value our guest and use your feedback to improve. Our hotel is undergoing renovations and carpet is our next project! All the carpet in the corridors is being replaced next week. Our vending machines are currently down because those are also being replaced! Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to invite you back for a future stay to let us exceed your expectations. I am sure you will feel like you have walked into a new Red Roof!
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Website said flat screen TV's and they were not. Pool was closed and this is after Memorial Day so pool should not have been closed. Check in is at 3pm and they didn't have our room ready so they gave us another room that looked like it was cleaned in a hurry so everything was not done right. Location was ok, Beds slept ok and A/C was good, but worse Redroof that I've stayed in yet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle A
Kimberly T, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very important and we use it as an opportunity to grow. I apologize your visit with us did not meet your expectations. Memorial Day weekend was a beautiful and very busy weekend in Brunswick and I apologize the pool was not open. We were set to open the pool when we discovered one of the pumps was not working properly. Repairs were made and we were waiting for final approval to ensure safety for our guests before the pool is opened. I invite you to revisit the hotel and give us another opportunity to make your stay great at the Red Roof in Brunswick, GA. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your stay or a future stay!