“Great choice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cairo, Georgia
“Great choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sleep Inn during a weekend getaway in the Golden Isles. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was spotless clean and had a nice amount of space. Breakfast was adequate but my wife was disappointed they did not offer any meat (sausage, bacon, etc.). The hotel is located next to a Winn-Dixie, Dollar General, Subway, and three gas stations so you don't have to go far for food or gas. It was a 20 minute drive to St. Simons Island and about 30 minutes to Jekyll Island. Our king bed room was $75 per night which was excellent considering the location and clean accommodations. This hotel should be on the top of your list when staying in the Golden Isles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lake City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I just recently stayed a this hotel approximately a week ago. I had a reservation for Friday night and Saturday night. I put a do not disturb sign on my door both nights in order to sleep late and I also had a 12:00 check out on Sunday. On Saturday morning housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:30am and then returned again at 10:00am. Need less to say, I was not able to sleep late as I originally planned. I did not complain as I thought this may have just been done by accident. Well , Sunday morning, housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:45 am and they returned once again at 9:50am. Why have do not disturb signs if they are not going to be respected by housekeeping ?? Also this hotel needs to create a system to let housekeeping know when someone checks out of their room. Upon checking out Sunday morning I complained about housekeeping and was assured that housekeeping was not to wake anyone with a do not disturb sign. Obviously housekeeping does not listen very well or does not respect the guest whom pay their salaries.

Everything else was perfect regarding this hotel but housekeeping !!!

Room Tip: Room facing the parking lot if you intend to try and sleep late.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stopped here on our way home to Myrtle Beach after attending a funeral in Florida. We got a good price and our room was excellent. They only had a room with two queen sized beds available and I think it afforded more room than a room with just one bed. We had supper at the nearby Millhouse Steakhouse which was wonderful. We had a good night's sleep and didn't experience any noise even though there were lots of children staying there. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and the breakfast room was very clean. I especially liked the tile flooring which was throughout the lobby and breakfast room and so bright and pleasing to the eye. We would definitely stay here again in our travels.

Room Tip: We were in room 324 which was directly across from the elevator but very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This place has 4 and 5 stars reviews across the board, and with good reason. It's a well kept property, close to food and shopping. Check in was fast and friendly, room was comfortable, maybe just a little small. It having a big room isn't a major deal, this is a perfect place for an overnight stop.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mustangjay68
Manager b, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Sleep Inn & Suites of the Golden Isles of Georgia. Your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate your comments regarding the staff as we aim to share happiness with all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Cornelia, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed Thursday May 22 2014
Pleasantly surprised very nice clean visit before heading to SSI
Winn Dixie and restaurants close at 10. Pm so eat early on a few things open but loved hotel and will look in other towns now.
Tried to look at room before we paid was told owner won't allow it
Explained I picked this choice hotel after see CEO on undercover boss so I paid only then could I see it
But I am picky and was satisfied but they should change that

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived Thursday late night 10:30pm check in lasted about 3-5 minutes. Room was an average room w/ a king size bed. Sidebar: the pillows are way to small for a king size bed. Room was clean bathroom was clean. The only negative I have are the ceilings/floors are thin. There must have been a family with small children above us because at about 5:20am we heard constant running back and fourth. I called upstairs and the noise stopped for about 30 minutes and then started again.
Other than that I would definitely stay again if were ever in the area..

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is immaculate. It is conveniently located off of I95. We did call the hotel to make sure of the address for the GPS and I'm glad that we did because they gave us another address to use, since theirs is too new. So make sure you call first! Lisa was at the front desk and she was courteous and instructed us about the continental breakfast from 6-9am. The pool looks clean (it's pouring rain so we didn't get to use it). The lobby and stairwells are bright and the whole hotel smells fresh and clean. The two Queen beds are comfortable, the refrigerator and AC worked great and the big screen TV was nice to unwind to. There is a supermarket, dollar general store and Subway right in the next parking lot. We ate dinner at Toucans across the street and it was great! There is no bath tub, just a stand up shower which the opening was a comical sight when my husband stood in it! We will definitely keep this as our pit stop in the way to Florida.

• Stayed April 2014