“Family Reunion”

Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Georgia
“Family Reunion”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My family and I choice this hotel for our reunion. The overall hotel was OK. Beds and pillows were comfy and rooms quiet during the evenings. Our only problems were the awful smell of the stairwell, poor customer service and spotty internet service. We checked-in with Andrea on Friday evening with no greeting whatsoever. She was very lackluster and acted unconcerned from the time we stepped in until we left the front desk. She didn't tell us about pool or breakfast hours, where the room was located, check-out time, if there was an elevator on the premises, any information concerning wifi, etc. We signed in and she put keys on the desk and that was it. No skills whatsoever when handling guests! We also had to wait for breakfast items to be replenished on Saturday morning because the front desk clerk had to handle breakfast AND check-outs. Our family took up most of the breakfast area and food was going fast, but other guests checking out shouldn't have to wait because of no help to cover both places. If you are on the second floor, use the stairwell inside the lobby. The stairwell towards the middle of the hotel absolutely reeks of urine and pets. TVs and furniture in rooms could be upgraded and housekeepers should remember to plug in lamps/appliances so guests don't have to.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are inside a closed hallway, first floor rooms are all outside entry. First woul...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
We always enjoy and appreciate family reunions, so it is unusual that we get complaints. I am so sorry that your greetings did not make you feel welcome. Seems more training in guest service will be in order.
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you and your group. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business.
I will discuss your comments with the manager so corrections can be make
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had reservations at another hotel but the room didn't smell good so went on to this one. It was a very good night with a good hot breakfast. We would stay there again. I made a reservation as we drove down the road & they had vacancies & had the room ready when we got there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Quality Inn for your recent visit to our area. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your comments will be discussed with management so necessary corrections can be made
Please plan to visit us again soon, we appreciate your business.
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Check-in was very courteous and efficient. I requested an upstairs room when I made my reservation and it was honored. The breezeway entrance could use better lighting and the stairwell carpeting needs cleaning. Otherwise the public areas were well-kept and attractive. My king room turned out to be a jacuzzi suite with an additional sofabed. The room was very large and everything seemed very clean. Although the furnishings seemed a bit dowdy and the bathroom and sink areas could use some sprucing up, all was fine. Slept very well as this is a quiet location, well back from highway. A good value and a good location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
I really appreciate your review, I am glad your room was large, clean and comfortable. I will mention the breezeway lighting to our manager to see if we can make corrections.
We value you as a guest and hope you will visit again soon.
Leland, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I made a reservation months in advanceto spend one night on my way down to Florida for vacation I had a 10 year old with me. I checked in and found that the pool was closed on Memorial Day weekend. I asked the Desk clerk why the pool was closed? He said he couldn't disclose the reason. I hate deceitful people with an unprofessional attitude. I told them that they were a customer service business. He told me "yeah we get that all the time. I told him I wanted a credit and I checked in the Hampton Inn across the street. I was livid at his attitude of disrespect. Nobody talks to me that way!! I am a retired Software Engineer with 25 years at IBM and 10 years at Lockheed Martin. I know how professionals are supposed to behave. This is not Benghazi or the IRS where deceit is the norm.

Room Tip: Do not put up with people who don't act professionally
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
I am sorry that your check in experience at the Quality Inn was not as professional as it should have been. This is not typical of our hotel, we will address the issues and take necessary steps to insure proper training. We were also upset that we could not open the pool for the weekend, however, it has to be within certain guidelines to be safe for guest. This employee only knew it was closed and everyone was upset.
Thank you for letting us know of your experience.
Gloria m. Brown
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice and clean place. Service is very friendly and efficient. Breakfast bar is included in the price and offers a wide variety of items. Several restaurants are nearby. However room has refridgerator and microwave if you want to eat in the room. St Simons island and Jekyll island are nearby and worth a visit. Good clean place!

• Stayed May 2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
We are so glad that you were pleased with your accommodations at the Quality Inn in Brunswick GA. Thank you for your kind review so others know of our hotel and services.
I agree that we are a good place to stay when visiting the St. Simon and Jeykl Island area.
Thank you for staying with us, please plan to visit us again soon.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Needed a handicap room and it was available at a good rate and very clean. There were several hotels at this I-95 exit, but we chose this one because it was away from the highway and next door was the Ale House where we had dinner at the bar and talked to the locals.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Thanks so much for your comments, we are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel and our services. We also enjoy the Ale House, you made a good choice.
Please plan to visit with us again soon, we appreicate your business.
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed one night at the Quality Inn in Brunswick, GA as a stop over on the way from NC to Daytona Beach, FL. The rooms were clean, breakfast was adequate, staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great.. a nice exit with several restaurants and places to get gas. Also next to the Harley Davidson dealer which was convenient since we were riding motorcycles.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa0669
Gloria B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
We are so glad that you were pleased with your stay at the Quality Inn in Brunswick GA. Thank you for taking time to write the review, it give us some idea of how we are pleasing our guest.
We hope you will stay with us any time you are in our area, we appreciate your business.