“Nice Hotel, Pleasant Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Long Island, New York
“Nice Hotel, Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

My husband, 2 year old son and I stayed here for one night during our transit to St. Simons Island. Very nice hotel. Clean, comfortable room. The pool was outdoors, which we had to wait to use until the evening, not due to any issue with the hotel, but b/c of the weather - too darn hot. Son loved the pool area. Staff was friendly. Convenient to shopping and you can walk across the parking lot to the Millhouse Steakhouse (which I need to review separately). Breakfast area was small, and there wasn't a lot of choices but what they had was fine. Although there were a few youth groups in the hotel, you would have never of known it. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Looking at the ihe other reviews, we must have had the "other shift" because the front desk staff for our visit when we checked in on Saturday, June 9th, 2012 was very unfriendly and unhelpful. The young man on duty barely spoke to us, much less gave us a smile or offered us any advice about the area or services of the hotel. The woman in the breakfast area looked like she had chewed nails for her own breakfast -would it really hurt to be pleasant to people who had just spent a decent amount of money to stay in "their" establishment? The breakfast was on par with other complementary breakfast at other hotels such as the Hampton Inn. The young woman on the desk (Sunday) when we left was at least cordial and I thanked her for that...I don't think the rooms were worth $125.00 a night-..I was disappointed with this establishment and will look elsewhere next time we travel...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank woodyc435
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
I do apologize that you feel that your interaction with the staff was not what you expected. Our goal is to give great customer service and the kind of hospitality that will make you want to return. I do hope that you will consider giving us another chance if your travel takes you back to our area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Hotel is very close to I-95- about 20 minute drive over to St.Simon Island. -be sure to check out Sourhern Soul Bbq That was featured on Food Network.
The rooms were clean and hotel staff were all very friendly. I would recommend this hotel for a short term stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Stockton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Very clean, and comfortable. Modern with all the appropriate amenities and a better than average breakfast included. Not the cheapest place to stay, but still a good value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I could go on one of my usual rants about how good this chain is; but, I'll give the shorter version. Super clean. Comfy, clean bed. Microwave / frig. GREAT, friendly, front desk staff. Good breakfast in the morning. Located right off the Interstate within a mile of tons of restaurants, shops, fast food joints and gas stations. There's a steak house within a few steps of the hotel, but I didn't eat there. Free wi-fi and parking.

Now, this hotel stands out for one reason. When I checked in, front desk guy was very nice. They were full, yet he still upgraded me to a suite (nice). I was having issues with the internet being a little slow so I called down to him to ask why. He said he would call their internet provider and connect me to the guy. Within minutes, the internet provider guy was on the phone and trying to fix my problem. He asked me a lot of questions I didn't know the answer too, and was very nice trying to help me. He did, indeed, help me and then the internet was working fine -- speedy in fact (he rebooted something - blah blah blah, I didn't understand). The internet provider is something like Wandering.wifi - and I appreciate their FANTASTIC tech support; I would have hung up on me, but this guy was very patient. I also appreciate front desk guy helping me by calling them. Great service Fairfield Inn Brunswick!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tczig
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stopped here on our long road trip from Philly to Florida. It was right off of I-95 and I wanted to stay at a Marriott place for my rewards points. We couldn't be happier with our random find! The room was clean and comfortable. We got a great rate (used AAA discount) and the free breakfast was perfect! They had a lot of healthy options, which was great, and we didn't feel gross after indulging.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gayle1116
Maryland USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed on my way to FL. Located near 95. From the outside, the Fairfield is nice looking! Nice outdoor pool with hot-tub and the grounds are surrounded with palm trees.
The lobby is nice and modern but the room I found not so good. Let me start by saying I stayed on the first floor. The ceiling was like 12' high, the bed was kingsize and way to soft and the pillows were also uncomfortable. The armoire was also about 7' high and had the TV on top which made the viewing angle of the TV extremely uncomfortable! The whole room was disfunctional and sorta put together. I should add that the bed was normal height as well as the desk. I also want to add that although the internet worked very well, I could not get much of a cell signal on my BB with AT&T while on the property. I would not stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family