Open today: 08:00 - 17:00

Liveaboard Paradise

Reviewed 25 March 2018
Becky K
Green Cove Springs, Florida

All reviews yacht club free beer on tap blm hurricane boats dock laundry liveaboard transient slips community
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Marina is fine if you are close to a shower. Do not use the boatyard for repairs. The workers were inexperienced and took way longer than normal to handle repairs, and at significant cost (we were paying for their on-the-job training). The work was inferior.....I had to redo/correct much of it after we left. While the boat was in the shipyard, we were also charged daily marina costs for a slip; I've never had that happen at any other boatyard. Any work that was sent out (e.g. shaft repair) was marked up 30% plus an hour labor to take it and an our labor to retrieve it. These people are "crooks". There is no nice way to describe this experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Nothing special to see or do here. People rent slips for their boats. That's about it. It's a nice view.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Great facilities, definitely very transient. Free beer 8 a.m. til closing, and free wine for their meet and greets. Bathrooms are clean and the laundry is free.

2  Thank DJMinBoise
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Amenities include free beer 7 days a week, on tap and wine three days a week at happy hour at the Yacht Club built for marina residents. The location is within walking distance to great restaurants downtown, and next door to a park that hosts a farmers market three days a week.

2  Thank Becky K
Reviewed 11 January 2018

As a member of the Golden Isles community, I believe in supporting local businesses. If I have a problem, I try to resolve it directly, and not air my grievances in public, because I believe people in this community are generally set on doing the right thing, and more times than not they do make it right. As a financial adviser, this is not only my personal belief, but I am also bound by my profession to do the right thing and to “treat the customer fairly”. The fact that I am writing a negative review about Brunswick Landing Marina is not meant to disparage the employees there, who are just doing their jobs. But having tried to resolve this matter directly, and having received a disproportionately negative response in return, I am compelled to share my story, in the hope that this does not happen again to anyone else.

I took my Cape Dory 36 to Brunswick Landing based on the reviews and experience of friends, many of whom keep their boats there. I had her hauled out, surveyed and had the cutlass bearing replaced at the boatyard. The total bill was $1,800. We then put her back in the water and had her towed to a private dock (we were in the process of rebuilding the engine). While under tow, she took on water, as we discovered the packing gland nut was not tightened down. This was not a few drops of water, but enough to fill the bilge, and it nearly sank the boat. While scrambling to bail out the water, we called Brunswick Landing and they sent Wayne, the head mechanic. He drove out on a weekend and quickly tightened the packing gland nut. When asked why there was no attention paid to the packing gland when replacing the cutlass bearing, he simply responded that it was “not on the work order”. I was very surprised to then receive a bill for $225 for this work, including charges for overtime!

Now the boat was not leaking when I brought her to BLM, only after we left (within 2 hours) was there a problem. I asked Wayne if he felt in any way responsible, given that one would typically check and/or repack the packing gland and tighten the nut when replacing a cutlass bearing, especially as they were aware that she was towed and the engine was not operational. Not only did he refuse to accept any responsibility, but he then proceeded to blame me for “rushing” the repairs (we were trying to get her moved to the private dock ahead of a weather front, to finish the engine, and I had already paid for 7 lay days). I expect a mechanic to stand behind his work, and to think about other related issues that could arise as a result of the work he is doing. If I take my car to have the wheel changed, tightening the lug nuts is not on the work order. And if there are any other issues affecting the car’s safety that are discovered (or suspected) while the contracted repair is being done, I would expect to at least be notified and given the option to repair other things crucial to the car’s safety. I have this same expectation for work done at a marina and do not feel this is unreasonable.

I asked if there was anything unjust about sending me a $225 bill for tightening the packing gland nut (including overtime since it was a weekend!), and if it was worth that to lose a customer. His response: “pay the bill“. To add insult to injury, he actually told me to never come back there again!

I appreciate that Wayne came quickly and on a weekend, and he should be compensated for that. However, this issue should never have occurred in the first place, and I am appalled to have been treated this way after trying to resolve it directly with the marina. I am a good-natured person and was courteous in reaching out to BLM. Not only was this gesture unappreciated, but it was met with a reaction that I would never have expected from a reputable marina. I have honestly never been treated this way, in any capacity, by anyone. There is no chance that I will return to Brunswick Landing. Fortunately, there are other very good alternatives nearby, and I will be happy to give them my business in future.

12  Thank carman50
Reviewed 22 August 2017

love taking pictures here. the boats are always so pretty and there is hardly ever anyone there. most of the time we are just driving by, but still good pictures

1  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Great location just a couple of blocks from downtown Brunswick. Great docks, super friendly staff. Very nice showers and Yacht club plus free beer all the time and a very Nice library.

1  Thank jcourtneyg
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Good for a quiet stop over. But its not in the center of things and Brunswick is a worn out 20th century citythat never bounced back. The paper mills and other industries have polluted the waters and added a foul, acrid stink to the air coupled with one of the largest toxic waste site in the country. Decent facilities for short stay. well sheltered area.

3  Thank jjstives
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Clean & Climate Controlled Shower Facilities, Free Laundry, Book Exchange, Pabts Blue Ribbon on Tap (for Free) social engagement nights and friendly service staff. Floating Concrete docks means boarding your boat is always easy, as you never have to worry about tide levels. The wifi was decent, but over by 13 it could drop off several times. But i am sure they are working on it

1  Thank Tokra_Neocell
Reviewed 31 January 2017

my wife and friends enjoy this place shops restaurant and a very good view sets just off saint simons island all by its self just off causeway

1  Thank bobbydis40