“Courtyard Buford Georgia”

Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Pool out of service for 2 weeks prior to arrival (could have told us at time of reservation), Did not know when it would be fixed. Hotel did not have arrangement with another local hotel to use their pool facilities (not good). Origianl room reserved given away by management. Substitute room not as good. Because no pool, we chose to leave and not stay.

Room Tip: We did not get the room we had reserved. Management gave it away to someone else. Another room was s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank rogerfeiertag
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your attempted stay. I apologize for the inconvenience that our pool repair caused you and would like to discuss your concerns further. Please contact me at 678-745-3380 when you have a moment. Again, it is always our goal to provide our guests with world class service and I hope you would allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Clean hotel in good area. Very pricey and sofa bed should be listed as a single person only bed. Sofa bed sleeps only one person including children. No roll always available. Road noise bad if on lower floors. Last resort hotel for us.

Room Tip: Suites are great but don't expect more than one person to fit on the sofa bed. Try to get an upp...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tadpole1
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Please contact me at 678-745-3380 so we can discuss your stay in more detail. It is always our goal to provide award winning service and experiences that exceed our guest's expectations. Again, we appreciate your comments and hope you will allow us serve you again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed one night after a concert at Gwinnett Center. Very nice place. Husband says this is the nicest Marriott he has ever stayed at. We have stayed at many Marriott properties. They are deserving of the #1 in Buford status. Friendly staff, super clean rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CindyfromGA
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Cindy,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. The team at the Courtyard by Marriott Mall of Georgia takes pride in providing our guests with exceptional service along with a clean environment. I hope you are able to stay longer next time you are in the area so you can experience all of that our location has to offer. We thank you for choosing us and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This is our 2nd stay here, and this was just as wonderful as the prior stay in June. I booked the stay with Michelle directly at the hotel and Ansley checked us in. Both were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very nice, spacious, and very clean. Our room was huge; the bed very comfortable. We had a beautiful view of the fire pit but it was too cold for me to stay outside long to enjoy it. This will be our pick when we pass through next time.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had a chance to experience our award winning service. It sounds like our hotel exceeded your expectations. On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The staff at this property is really great from reservations & requests to arrival & departure. Everyone speaks and seems to care about your stay. They seem to be shorthanded, just slow or inexperienced at The Bistro for breakfast. It seemed they serve in the order that the orders are placed but plate the orders of items already prepared as soon as they are ordered allowing them to sit until those who ordered something to be prepared are served. Our food was cold one of the two mornings (same staff both days). I was impressed with the menu options and reasonable prices but breakfast at this property level really should be free with coffee available for free in the lobby ALL day. Rooms are nicely appointed and quiet but the beds are not up to their efforts in other areas. When I found that the charge to my credit card didn't match my bill, I called and was told that it was a holding fee in case there were any problems and was assured it should be released within three to four business days. I've never experienced this anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Perky51
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the information you shared regarding your breakfast experience and will use it to improve our Bistro quality and service levels. We thank you for staying with us and hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

On a recent trip to Charlotte, NC, we saw the Courtyard sign and pulled in for the night to break the trip. We were tired after driving a full day and had no expectations except a good nights rest for the next day of traveling to our destination. We couldn't have picked a nicer place to rest! First we were pleasantly greeted from the very friendly staff at the front desk. They were very accommodating and found two rooms perfect for us. The rooms were spotlessly clean, linens very fresh, carpet clean and spotless. Not a spot on the chrome on the fixtures. We even teased that the maid who cleans for them must be a perfectionist as everything was to perfection. The shower was powerful for those who this matters to and the beds were soft, yet firm for a very good nights sleep. The breakfast was nice as well. The staff here is second to none and we will most certainly be recommending this hotel to others as it is centrally located to great shopping and eating spots, yet away from the traffic of Atlanta. As those who follow my reviews, you know I am a picky hotel guest and this one gets an A+ from me! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Ms. Moore,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you with such a comfortable and refreshing stay. Our housekeeping team takes pride in ensuring that all of our guests have an experience similar to yours. On behalf of the entire team at the Courtyard by Marriott Mall of Georgia I would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Normally we try to stay at Ritz or similar properties but there were none available nearby for this trip. I was delighted with the staff from check in to exit. The rooms are basic and there are no true suites but the value at this place is extraordinary and the cleanliness cannot be denied. The breakfast is also basic but served to you by an extremely helpful staff in a pleasant environment. My highest praise to the managers and staff of this Marriott property for exceeding my expectations.

Room Tip: The elevators are quiet so why not get a room near to them. There are no views of anything but a hi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Robin,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. The Courtyard by Marriott Mall of Georgia strives to provide our guest with a warm and welcoming staff along with a clean and crisp environment. Again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to serving you again soon.