“Outstanding! Samira does it again!”

Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buford
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel while visiting my boyfriend's daughter on several occasions now and it is consistently exceptional. Samira saved the day for us on this trip as we made the mistake of booking another hotel nearby. From the moment we pulled up we realized it was not what we were looking for so we called and Samira was able to get us an early check in that allowed us to get an early start to enjoy the Renaissance Festival...in spite of a sold out hotel the night before due to a wedding. She later followed up to make sure that everything was ok and even got us coffee from the café. Give that girl a raise! The gentleman at the café was very accommodating and went above and beyond. They truly aim to please here and deliver the level of service you would only expect from a high end, luxury hotel. From the first time we visited this hotel until our check out earlier this week everyone we encountered is smiling, friendly, helpful and eager to help...from ALL staff which appears to rub off by creating happy guests. Not only is the hotel convenient to everything (shopping, dining, etc) it is a very comfortable stay with amenities that seem to anticipate your every need whether traveling for business or pleasure. The décor is modern. The hotel is very clean throughout with a café, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness, business center with computers, lobby area equipped with big screen tv and large computer touch screen for interactive exploration of local activities and fire pit lounge area to relax and unwind. They go the extra mile here. We love this hotel and will certainly return. This is our home away from home when in the Buford area...no exceptions!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lauren C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad Samira was able to help you and your family, we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently stayed at this location during Memorial Day weekend and overall, it was a great visit. Due to an early morning arrival, I arrived at the hotel before 9AM. The front desk attendant found a room for me (few no shows from the night prior) and I was able to nap for a while before meeting with my family at lunch. The only interruption was that housekeeping didn't know the room was filled that morning and knocked because her list said otherwise. Once I placed the "do not disturb" sign on the knob, I was okay.

Pros:
-had fitness center all to myself (includes tvs)
-near Mall of Georgia so many restaurants, Costco, variety of stores are barely 5 min drive away
-security is enforced-after 10pm card required to gain access ro the hotel
-although near the elevator, 4th floor room was quiet
-good variety of TV stations, iPod clock radio, and 42" flat screen TV
-black out curtains helped me fall asleep quickly
-A/C user controlled

Cons:
- unable to watch TV from bed; TV screen perpendicular to the bed
-poor WiFi signal in the room
-although I hung up my towels etc housekeeping staff exchanged them for new ones daily but I was trying to conserve (not a big deal)

There are other hotel/motels right next to this location, and two gated communities along the same street, but it was a quiet area. In the morning I was able to go for a run without any hassles.

I would definitely stay at this location again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed here several times and love the location because of all of the restaurants and the Mall. The service from Samira from the front desk was excellent this trip as she was determined to get us connected to the internet to allow us to get our work done from the business center. She got tech support involved and personally went upstairs to re-boot the system. She did it all with great humor and a smile.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Larry,

I wanted to thank you for providing us feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear that Samira provided you with excellent service. On behalf of the entire team at the Courtyard by Marriott Mall of Georgia we would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to serving you gain soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Upon arrival we were greated by Samira, a very pleasant and professional person. I wanted to use the Business Center computer but was having difficulity with the internet. Samira was extremly helpful, beyond expectations.
The hotel was great and the location to the Mall of Georgia allowed for all types of dining. Great trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Henry,

I wanted to take a moment thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the technology issues you experienced but it sounds like Samira was a big help and shared some of our awarding winning service. The entire team would like to thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Experience here was a "10", clean room, nice breakfast, workout room and pool were terrific. There is a beautiful patio in the back with a fire pit. I would highly recommend this Marriott when visiting the area

Room Tip: 3rd floor was fine; I imagine all of the rooms are as nice and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you had a chance to enjoy some of our many amenities and features. I would like to recommend that you try our onsite Starbucks the next time you are here. I would like to thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Mall of Georgia for your lodging needs and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel was right off of I-85 and right next to a mall and dozens of restaurants. Its about a half-mile from the major shopping and restaurant area, so it's quiet. The staff was very friendly and customer service oriented and I was able to go to a couple of restaurants while I was in the area. Very nice.

Room Tip: It's kind of tricky to get to this hotel once you get off of 85. Just turn into the shopping ce...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank R C

Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It sounds like you really enjoyed all that the Mall of Georgia area has to offer. I would like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel looking for the one restaurant from a sea of fast food franchise at Buford mall, to take a special lady to dinner.
After asking several people where to go and getting the same answer, 'the mall has anything you want'.
Allie came up with the perfect place I was looking to take my date. Adams in Buford.
Hotels are hotels, and a room is a room , you alway expect an marriott property to be the best, but the staff an customer service is what make the difference.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron S
Sal C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Ron,

I wanted to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that Allie was able to provide you with on of the many local options for dinner. I will be sure to share your comments with her. I would like to thank you for choosing us during your recent trip and look forward to serving you again soon.