“Good business stopover”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buford
London
“Good business stopover”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Been staying at the Marriott Buford quite a bit over the last few months - always find the staff welcoming and helpful and it's kept clean and tidy - a change to the breakfast menu every now and again might be nice though

• Stayed May 2014
Lauren C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, 14 October 2014
The Courtyard Mall of Georgia Buford team thanks you for your kind feedback. We are glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the shopping nearby. We hope to see you next time you are in Buford!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Charlotte,NC
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had a booked a room here for business as it was close to where I needed to be. Very convenient to restaurants and shopping as well. I arrived shortly after 3:00. There was no one at the desk, but there was a nice gentleman from housekeeping taking care of the floors who told me someone would be right out. After about 4 long minutes someone finally came out. I had time to look around and the lobby area is very nice, updated, and has a Starbucks.
My room was clean and updated as well. My location seemed to be good as well as very quiet. Room 208.
I was surprised as how uncomfortable the bed was. It was almost as if the mattress was broke-I had a very restless night and woke with a sore back.
Water pressure in the shower was good. I would stay here again, but I would check the bed out first.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 410berry
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very appreciated and we will be sure to use it to improve. Thank you!
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here on business and was pleasantly impressed by the wonderful staff, modern lobby, outdoor fire pit and the rooms. Location was great as well. Close up tons of restaurants and shops. Only complaint was the noise level when the room doors would slam shut. Would highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
Bert H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
The Courtyard Buford Mall of Georgia team thanks you for the nice feedback! We look forward to serving you again the next time you stay in Buford!!!
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here, first time with my kids. They really enjoyed the pool and the staff was nice as always. The only reason I deduct a star is that the room we stayed in had some pretty large stains on the carpet, the bed was pretty horrible, the mattress was broken down and I had to sleep on my side to keep from sliding right up against my spouse. The drain was also broken in the tub, but it still held water for my kids baths. I would still highly recommend this hotel for this area, it is very quiet and the staff goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. Just beginning to show some wear and needs a few updates. One more thing, I tried running in the gym but the AC was broken in there and it was 81 degrees at 9 AM. Ran into one of the staff in the elevator and he stated it was getting fixed, but still unbearable when trying to run.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
The Courtyard Buford Mall of Georgia thanks you for staying with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and only helps us to improve. We are excited to announce that we are in the process of obtaining a large shipment of new beds and we will of course have or engineering team fix the tub drain as well! Thank you again for staying with us!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I'm very disappointed by the service provided by this Courtyard. I stayed 2 nights for business and left 3 items in the dresser on accident. I had to call 3 different days to follow-up. The first time the front desk said they had no idea and house keeping was gone for the day. The second time the gentleman said he was too busy to check and would take my name and call me back. He never called. The third time the woman check the housekeeping lost & found and said the items were not there. I expressed to her I was disappointed the items had disappeared and as a frequent business traveler my expectation is they would take care of my things and do their best to return them. Her response was "I don't know what to tell you". I will not return to this location based on the poor service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SASL21
We am so sorry for your less then perfect stay, which is what we strive to achieve. We are thankful for your feedback and will use it to improve.

Thank you!
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the last 3 years and every year it seems like when one thing improves they start slacking somewhere else. The staff was friendly which at times in the past could be spotty. Always enjoy talking to the bartenders and they are always friendly. Being a platinum elite member though with this hotel chain I never get upgraded and I seem to get stuck next to the elevator at the highest floor or next to a stairwell and get to enjoy hearing other guests moving from one floor to another. This time I was situated at the highest point of the hotel and situated next door to the stairwell. The room reeked of what I can only imagine to be cat urine. The wood trim panel next to the coffee maker had a huge ring from a coffee cup and you could tell not much effort had been put into maintaining the rooms. The parking lot only had a few vehicles in the parking lot so the assumption could be made that the hotel was not anywhere near capacity. Just another depressing look at how Marriott is slowly turning into a cheap motel chain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bakes419

Thank you!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent hotel, really clean and spacious. Situated closed to stores and main highway. Really a family friendly hotel. I will prefer having a bigger pool, but it was ok for relaxing after a day of activities and shopping. Really quite environment. I will truly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lauren C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, 25 August 2014