“HORRIBLE.”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Family atmosphere. Outdoor seating with a water view. Evening drinks with the friends and live entertainment on the weekends.
“HORRIBLE.”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Do not go here. Food was horrible. It's scene of boaters pumping gas in their boats is not what you wanna see when eating cold food. Did I mention the service? HORRIBLE TOO. This place should've stayed closed. The only thing going for them is that they are in a big marina and when people are coming off their boats they will eat just about anything. I however will be packing my lunch and dinner from now on!

Flowery Branch, Georgia
“New Owner/New Food - Mallory's Castaway”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Excellent fresh made to order items. The wait is a bit longer on the weekends but well worth it. Try the blacked Mahi with their homemade mango salsa. They also have their own chips and fresh red pepper hummus. It's a wide selection for sure, from burgers, fish taco's, wraps, salads and more.
The owner is super friendly and walks around to greet everyone.
Eat on the deck for a true lake feel.

• Visited June 2012
Atlanta
“Owner needs reality check!”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

While sitting close enough to the lake to feel you may get splashed by approaching boats, the nearly outdoor closet sized kitchen usually turns out well above average grilled burgers, chicken dishes, and a suprisingly vast amounts of choices. We had been here several times, and the recently upgraded 50 person covered patio complete with with outdoor tv's and built in overhead fans and monster heating units was a welcome addition.
However, our most recent visit is a tale of disbelief and disappointment.
We arrived for lunch at 2:30, not exactly the lunch rush, and was immediately appalled at how rude and disconnected from reality the owner was by her ensuing actions.
It was uncomfortable to witness and actually made me decide not to go back which is a shame since I have recomended this experience several times.
My Mom who was not hungry, wanted just a few bites of a small side salad. Rather than order a salad from the menu, I asked the gal behind the counter if I can swap out my fries for a small side salad to which she replied no problem. The owner jumped up and interupted the waitress to let us know we can buy a garden salad for $7.95. Excuse me, mind your business. Then with no regard, the owner began to order this employee around to pick up trash, clean various tables, etc, while she was still in the middle of helping us. The gal then embarassingly informed us we would also be charged for tap water. Excuse me again, but this is not a fancy French Bistro, but rather basically a grill with roof on it.
And by the way, the food was barely warm and extremely forgettable this time. We will not be back.

There are other places to eat on the lake.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Dixxie32Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Dockside is now Mallory's Castaways”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I haven't been to this place under its new management, but if it is like it was last year, it should be pretty good. Definitely try to get a table outside, as there is usually music and a good atmosphere. I'll post another review when I eat there again. Just checked out their menu, the best appetizer from last year, ahi tuna isn't on the menu.

• Visited September 2011
, Manager at Mallory's Castaway's, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Thank you for the comment. Yes we are new owners and new food items. We hope you visit soon and try our new menu selections. Be sure to try the Bacon Walnut Dip as an appetizer.
Flowery Branch GA
“Very nice location”
Reviewed 9 June 2010

This is a great place to eat on the lake. Unlike other places that say they are right on the lake, this one actually is. It is a great menu for sandwiches even though the fish sandwiches are a little pricy but good. If you ask for just water to drink, they will bring you bottled water and charge as much as a soft drink. Also, no alcohol sales Sunday is deal breaker for most people especially if they come in from the lake. The help is always nice and courteous.