“Not as good as last time” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Byron

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Suites Byron
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Louisville , Ky
“Not as good as last time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel the last week in July and the rooms we're clean and the staff very friendly and the breakfast was good. We were there again on Thursday the 7th and again the room was fine and the staff was great. The breakfast was not good. They had eggs that looked like a yellow frisbee. The worst was the coffee they had a machine that made instant coffee and it was undrinkable. The bacon was raw. Its had to think that a place can change that much in a week. There are too many hotels in the area not to get a good breakfast . I hate leaving the hotel and having to go to McDonalds to get coffee . We won't be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear BAllison,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule to let us know how your stay went.

We welcolme positive and /or constructive comments such as yours. They are an important tool to assess our guests satisfaction and to re-focus our efforts to improve our weaknesses so that our guests are satisfied. We hope that in the future you give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again.

Wishing you all the best. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I regularly read reviews when posting my own and I was shocked to see some of the less than stellar reviews posted about the Comfort Suites of Byron. I have stayed in most of the "name brand" hotels along the interstate in that area and found this hotel outstanding in comparison. I have also been fortunate enough to travel to several other countries around the world and I have seldom encountered better service or felt more welcomed. I was warmly greeted when I walked in the front door and check-in was quick and easy. When I came back down from my room to inquire about local restaurants the young lady at the desk (I think that her name was Dana) addressed me by name and was extremely helpful. She again addressed me by name when I returned from dinner and made me feel very welcomed.

The hotel is quite convenient to the interstate in both distance and traffic. The hotels at the next exit south are several miles off of the interstate and the traffic around them can be maddening! The rate was reasonable and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. They also have a nice little "market" to buy drinks snacks and other items during your stay.

I guess that it is true that you cannot make everyone happy every time. However, with the way that I was treated I find it difficult to believe that anyone but the most difficult to please could have a bad stay here. I would recommend this hotel to my own friends and family. In fact, I have already booked my room for my return trip and will look forward to staying at the Comfort Suites of Byron whenever I am traveling through this area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your delightful review and on behalf of the entire team we want to thank you. We hope that we will get to serve your lodging needs again in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The staff in this hotel is so friendly you would think you are with long friends. I had never stayed in a hotel where the sheets smelled so clean. The entire room was hallways were clean. I like the little store they have for midnight cravings. Breakfast in the morning was good. Waffles are a plus in my list! Fresh fruit and hot items. We will become regulars that's for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Gladys C,

On behalf of the entire staff we say thank you!. We love each and every one of our guests and we all try our best to make you feel comfortable, at home and with family. We hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We LOVED this hotel! Big, comfortable, clean rooms. The pool is indoor and heated nicely. The service of the staff is outstanding. Breakfast is well stocked and fresh. We travel a lot and I can honestly say this is one of my favorite hotels when in Middle Georgia. I recommend it and will stay again!

Room Tip: The Executive Suite is huge!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Our entire staff thanks you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Fort White, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Last night I stopped after 10 hours on the road, at the Byron, GA Comfort Suites, nice room, carpeting needs cleaning, (Room 107); The Tall stools at Breakfast Bar seats need cleaning, the breakfast was setup wrong, the eggs/bacon warmer was hard to get at, because of the location under the plexiglas.

But during my shower, I was holding on the the assist bar under the shower head, while washing my right foot, my left foot slipped and I found myself lying on the floor outside the tub, lying on the shower curtain which must have broken my fall. The water was still running, and my body was lathered with suds. I stood up, got back in the bathtub to rinse off and slipped on the tub getting back into the shower, rinsed off and stepped out of the tub to dry off and slipped again on the floor tiles, as they were now wet also. I was told that all Choice hotels have removed non-slip devices from all their hotels due to mildew. Poor Excuse. They called 911, and I was okay. But very shaken up.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John61K
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear John61K,

Let me apologize on behalf of the staff here at the Comfort Suites for not exceeding your expectations. I will not make excuses for the concerns you state in your review, but I will like to add that in reference to our Breakfast Bar we have a rating of 100% by the Health Department and it is by their order for us to have the type of Plexiglas shield we use to protect the food from contamination. Also, all of our rooms are equipped with grab bars in the bathroom and we do have Handicap rooms available if that would've been easier on you.
We do feel horrible for you to have fallen and we did everything possible to ensure that you were not injured. At this point I hope you made it safe to your destination and that maybe again in the future you can give us another chance to serve your lodging needs. Thank you for your review.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Outside looked great when I pulled up. After entering my room my perception began to change. The sheets were wrinkled and worn. The sink and toilet didn't look very sanitary. And the WiFi kept kicking me off!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry we could not exceed your expectations. I wish that you would have brought your concerns to us during your stay. On behalf of the entire staff we apologize. I truly hope you will be able to give us another chance at serving your needs and please feel free to contact the Hotel Management, I would love to hear from you and listen to your suggestions. Thank you and again, please accept our apologies.
Boaz, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here on our way to Jekyll Island. The hotel was very easy to find. The room was clean and spacious but you could hear a lot of hallway noise. WiFi was super slow at night. As I said, it served its purpose but it was nothing special.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CSByron, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Byron, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it. Please accept my invitation to stay with us again, we look forward to it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron
BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites
Super 8 Byron/South Macon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Byron
BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites of Macon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB

Been to Comfort Suites Byron? Share your experiences!