“Will not stay here again”

Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I phoned for reservations the night before arriving here and received a reservation number. Upon arrival I was greeted at the desk by a man who spoke little, if any, English. He appeared to be from a country in the Asian sub-continent. I gave my name and appeared to be completely confused. He used the phoen to call for help.

A young lady appeared from outside and still had trouble finding my name so I supplied my reservation number. That seemed to help because she was beginning to process my reservation when she had to leave to wait ona customer in the service station next door. She was replaced by another young lady who spoke better English than the man but was still having some trouble completing my registration.

She had me complete a form for registration but before I was finished she was replaced by yet another woman who completed the process.

All of the information I had given when making my reservation seemed to be of no use. The simple registration process took a very long time.

I asked about the Museum of Avation at Robbins Air Force Base but the young lady behind the desk had no information and did not even seem to know what I was talking about.

The room was old but clean. The television was an older tube set and the remote was missing the battery cover. The beds were comfortable and the heater worked well.

The ice machine was quite a walk from any of the rooms and water seemed to be leaking on to the walkways from somewhere.

The continental breakfast was very sparse. 2 individually warpped small beagles, 6 wrapped cheese Danish and 3 wrapped, small muffins. Cream cheese was in a tube like mayo or ketchup and had an off taste. There was bread for toast and a 2 slice toaster. However the bread was in the bread package like you get at the store and one had to reach in the loaf to get a slice - not very sanitary. Milk was available in a gallon jug in a small wine cooler type unit.

The free wi-fi was there but not very fast and not easy to access and no 'large desk'.. I saw no mini-bar in my room nor did I see any hot tubs.

For a 1 night stay it was barely adequate and I would not recommend it nor would I stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hank S

Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stay here a lot when we are visiting family in Warner Robins and we have had excellent service and cleans rooms always. I know some of the other reviews mention about no where to walk your pets. But there is a good size lot next to the hotel that you can walk you dog. The rooms have always been clean. There is a Waffle House close by to eat and a really nice Pilot Truck stop.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I had family in from overseas and they had booked this hotel. After talking through the bullet proof glass to the lady at the desk we made our way to the room. NOTHING like the pictures. Old nasty worn out room....mildew everywhere. Needless to say, they are sleeping on my couch for the night and we will find somewhere else tomorrow....horrible!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank noturavgjo
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I will never stay at this Hotel again! I'm just glad that we didn't have any children with us. The rooms were ok and the beds were comfortable but the guests were horrible and the staff was very rude. It felt like I was staying at a wh*** house or somewhere that the guests were doing dope deals. On numerous occassions the guests were pounding on doors and today in the room next to me their were guys pounding on the door yelling, "Open the door b****, open the f****** door, let me see your pen**." So glad that I didn't have children with me!! One morning we went out at 6am to get breakfast and the room next to us had a sheet covered with vomit on it lying outside their door. When the sun came out I could smell it coming through my door. It was disgusting! The staff was also very rude! I never felt welcome and the staff never smiled, they always looked pissed. I felt as though everytime I went to the front it was like they were thinking what the h**l do you want. When asking for fresh towels they were really hateful and when recieving calls to my room they acted as if it killed them to connect a call. They would tell the people calling me, Uhhhhh, or can you call back in a minute. Everyone that called me said that the staff was very rude to them when ask to connect the call. Even though the beds are comfortable and the room was fairly clean, I would NEVER stay here again and if you have children or you're planning a family vacation stay away from this place. It was horrible!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is by far the nastiest place I have ever stayed. My bed linens had yellow stains, black make-up, black hairs on the bathroom walls. I was disgusted. I took a sheet off the bed and there was a blood stain on the mattress. Very un-sanitary.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My husband, kids (ages 17 and 20), and I stayed at this location because it was a 1/2 way point for us on our way to Florida. We arrived around 11 pm and our reservation was in order. I reserved 2 rooms thru Choice Privileges and redeemed points for the rooms. The rooms were exactly what I requested...a room with a King-sized bed and a room with 2 queen-sized beds. The rooms were small, but more than adequate for an overnite stay. The tub and toilet are in a separate room from the sink and mirror areas which is convenient when I want to dry my hair and put make-up on while my husband showers. The rooms were clean...nothing to complain about there. I heard no outside noises during my stay The beds were extremely comfortable, and the linens were nice. All the doors open up to the outside...no interior corridors here, but there was plenty of parking and we were able to park directly in front of our rooms. Breakfast was very scant...mainly some waffles, pastries, coffee and milk...no fresh fruit, no juice, no cereal. There is a Waffle House right next door though if you want a hot, quick breakfast. Gas prices at this exit were also the cheapest I found all the way up and down Interstate 75 in the whole state of Georgia!

I would definitely stay here again for quick, overnite stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Our half way point in visiting family in South Florida is in this area. We drive until late evening and look for a reasonably priced place to get a few hours's sleep. On our last trip, we chose this motel due to an ad in an area tourist brochure for a discounted price. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and neatness of our room. The bed was very comfortable and the surroundings were quiet so we had a very restful night. The continental breakfast was not much to speak of; otherwise, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Days Inn Byron
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#7 of 24 in Perry
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB

Been to Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd? Share your experiences!