“Not bad for price”

Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

The price was pretty good. The room was pretty up to date. Fresh paint. There was a microwave and fridge. The bed was comfortable. The only negative would be that there were ants. Not a deal breaker though. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is a very nice motel for an over night stay..I stayed here when a gospel group was in town singing....I have stayed here twice now....I will continue to stay here every year that I go back..usually in Jan- Feb....nice beds, nice TV....quiet....and friendly staff...made my stay very pleasurable....

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Looking at other reviews, it is hard to believe we stayed in the same place. Both in the evening and morning, a local Georgian was working the desk. They spoke Georgia english, lol. Driving my father in law to Florida we stayed here and found the room to be clean, the beds comfortable. In a non smoking room, their was no hint of nasty cigarette odor. That is a big plus. The room even had crown molding which was a surprise. Plenty of towels, amenities provided if needed. Yes, the breakfast is sparse, so is the price. Grab a coffee, and head for a Bojangles for a southern breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I phoned for reservations the night before arriving here and received a reservation number. Upon arrival I was greeted at the desk by a man who spoke little, if any, English. He appeared to be from a country in the Asian sub-continent. I gave my name and appeared to be completely confused. He used the phoen to call for help.

A young lady appeared from outside and still had trouble finding my name so I supplied my reservation number. That seemed to help because she was beginning to process my reservation when she had to leave to wait ona customer in the service station next door. She was replaced by another young lady who spoke better English than the man but was still having some trouble completing my registration.

She had me complete a form for registration but before I was finished she was replaced by yet another woman who completed the process.

All of the information I had given when making my reservation seemed to be of no use. The simple registration process took a very long time.

I asked about the Museum of Avation at Robbins Air Force Base but the young lady behind the desk had no information and did not even seem to know what I was talking about.

The room was old but clean. The television was an older tube set and the remote was missing the battery cover. The beds were comfortable and the heater worked well.

The ice machine was quite a walk from any of the rooms and water seemed to be leaking on to the walkways from somewhere.

The continental breakfast was very sparse. 2 individually warpped small beagles, 6 wrapped cheese Danish and 3 wrapped, small muffins. Cream cheese was in a tube like mayo or ketchup and had an off taste. There was bread for toast and a 2 slice toaster. However the bread was in the bread package like you get at the store and one had to reach in the loaf to get a slice - not very sanitary. Milk was available in a gallon jug in a small wine cooler type unit.

The free wi-fi was there but not very fast and not easy to access and no 'large desk'.. I saw no mini-bar in my room nor did I see any hot tubs.

For a 1 night stay it was barely adequate and I would not recommend it nor would I stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hank S
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stay here a lot when we are visiting family in Warner Robins and we have had excellent service and cleans rooms always. I know some of the other reviews mention about no where to walk your pets. But there is a good size lot next to the hotel that you can walk you dog. The rooms have always been clean. There is a Waffle House close by to eat and a really nice Pilot Truck stop.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I had family in from overseas and they had booked this hotel. After talking through the bullet proof glass to the lady at the desk we made our way to the room. NOTHING like the pictures. Old nasty worn out room....mildew everywhere. Needless to say, they are sleeping on my couch for the night and we will find somewhere else tomorrow....horrible!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank noturavgjo
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I will never stay at this Hotel again! I'm just glad that we didn't have any children with us. The rooms were ok and the beds were comfortable but the guests were horrible and the staff was very rude. It felt like I was staying at a wh*** house or somewhere that the guests were doing dope deals. On numerous occassions the guests were pounding on doors and today in the room next to me their were guys pounding on the door yelling, "Open the door b****, open the f****** door, let me see your pen**." So glad that I didn't have children with me!! One morning we went out at 6am to get breakfast and the room next to us had a sheet covered with vomit on it lying outside their door. When the sun came out I could smell it coming through my door. It was disgusting! The staff was also very rude! I never felt welcome and the staff never smiled, they always looked pissed. I felt as though everytime I went to the front it was like they were thinking what the h**l do you want. When asking for fresh towels they were really hateful and when recieving calls to my room they acted as if it killed them to connect a call. They would tell the people calling me, Uhhhhh, or can you call back in a minute. Everyone that called me said that the staff was very rude to them when ask to connect the call. Even though the beds are comfortable and the room was fairly clean, I would NEVER stay here again and if you have children or you're planning a family vacation stay away from this place. It was horrible!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Quality Inn
Comfort Suites Byron
#2 of 10 in Byron
Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd
Best Western Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd? Share your experiences!