“Did not feel safe”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Did not feel safe”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We arrived and were greeted warmly by the clerk. He had our reservation information ready and we received our key quickly. The room was clean and fairly spacious for an Econo Lodge. We settled in and, being tired, went to bed around 9pm. At 9:30pm, the people in the room next to us came in and were talking very loudly. This continued until midnight. Finally getting to sleep, we were awakened at 2:04am by a man knocking on our door. He wanted us to give him $40 to help out his "10 month old baby." We told him no (through the closed door.) We did not get much sleep after that because we were afraid he would come back. We called the front desk to inform them. They called back a few minutes later to let us know they had called the police. At 6:30am, we went down for breakfast (after making sure all of our belongings were locked in the car.) We told the morning desk clerk about our evening. She tried to assure us that they keep the safety of their guests in the highest priority. When I mentioned the noise in the room next to us, she told us that is the room the maids stay in at night. We were not impressed and will never stay at this establishment again.

Room Tip: I you find that you just have to stay here, avoid room 216. It is right next to the room that the m...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Clean room, good price. Night desk clerk acted like I was interrupting something when I checked in but the morning girl was friendly. Near the interstate, gas station & Waffle House. It was fine for an overnight stay going to Florida.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Fl
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Room was clean and the amenities were above average for the price. Having a mini fridge and a microwave is nice when traveling in my opinion. I did not have any issues with the staff. I found them to be friendly and professional. Not many guests at this time of the year so there wasn't any issues with people being discourteous or loud. One word of caution for those who pull trailers or have large vehicles: The driveway access does not go completely around the building making turning around nearly impossible without dropping trailer. parking a motorhome may be somewhat limited as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

The price was pretty good. The room was pretty up to date. Fresh paint. There was a microwave and fridge. The bed was comfortable. The only negative would be that there were ants. Not a deal breaker though. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is a very nice motel for an over night stay..I stayed here when a gospel group was in town singing....I have stayed here twice now....I will continue to stay here every year that I go back..usually in Jan- Feb....nice beds, nice TV....quiet....and friendly staff...made my stay very pleasurable....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Michigan
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Looking at other reviews, it is hard to believe we stayed in the same place. Both in the evening and morning, a local Georgian was working the desk. They spoke Georgia english, lol. Driving my father in law to Florida we stayed here and found the room to be clean, the beds comfortable. In a non smoking room, their was no hint of nasty cigarette odor. That is a big plus. The room even had crown molding which was a surprise. Plenty of towels, amenities provided if needed. Yes, the breakfast is sparse, so is the price. Grab a coffee, and head for a Bojangles for a southern breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I phoned for reservations the night before arriving here and received a reservation number. Upon arrival I was greeted at the desk by a man who spoke little, if any, English. He appeared to be from a country in the Asian sub-continent. I gave my name and appeared to be completely confused. He used the phoen to call for help.

A young lady appeared from outside and still had trouble finding my name so I supplied my reservation number. That seemed to help because she was beginning to process my reservation when she had to leave to wait ona customer in the service station next door. She was replaced by another young lady who spoke better English than the man but was still having some trouble completing my registration.

She had me complete a form for registration but before I was finished she was replaced by yet another woman who completed the process.

All of the information I had given when making my reservation seemed to be of no use. The simple registration process took a very long time.

I asked about the Museum of Avation at Robbins Air Force Base but the young lady behind the desk had no information and did not even seem to know what I was talking about.

The room was old but clean. The television was an older tube set and the remote was missing the battery cover. The beds were comfortable and the heater worked well.

The ice machine was quite a walk from any of the rooms and water seemed to be leaking on to the walkways from somewhere.

The continental breakfast was very sparse. 2 individually warpped small beagles, 6 wrapped cheese Danish and 3 wrapped, small muffins. Cream cheese was in a tube like mayo or ketchup and had an off taste. There was bread for toast and a 2 slice toaster. However the bread was in the bread package like you get at the store and one had to reach in the loaf to get a slice - not very sanitary. Milk was available in a gallon jug in a small wine cooler type unit.

The free wi-fi was there but not very fast and not easy to access and no 'large desk'.. I saw no mini-bar in my room nor did I see any hot tubs.

For a 1 night stay it was barely adequate and I would not recommend it nor would I stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hank S

Travellers are raving about these Byron hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB
Comfort Suites Byron
Comfort Suites Byron
#1 of 10 in Byron

Been to Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd? Share your experiences!