“Back ache city”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Back ache city”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This property is not on the "main drag"...........you can see it from the highway exit but you have to do a little thinking to get to it.

The room was reasonably clean and OK..............however, the bed was not very firm............both of us had back-aches for two days..............this is not good when travelling..........would have been better to have slept on the floor............but, hindsight is 20-20.

I have seen where someone indicated that they serve a hot breakfast in the morning.............if a waffle is considered a hot breakfast, it is a new one to me..............hot breakfast, I thought, indicated eggs, possibly bacon or sausage, hash browns, bisquits & gravey, etc. There was not a hot breakfast the day we were there, and we both dumped our coffee as it was not very good.

I will say, however, that the night "clerk" was a wonderful woman.............she is a credit to her employer.

However, we will not be returning in the future as we travel I75.

Room Tip: I would stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hazel Park, Michigan
Reviewed 23 December 2012

After a 13 hour drive, we checked into our reserved room. The good, it was clean and the king size bed was comfy. Now the rest. The hotel description said ALL rooms had ironing boards and irons. Not ours. Some rooms have coffee pots and microwaves so I didn't bring along my travel coffee maker (yes I do have one we often take with us). The water in the bathtub ran non stop. There was a gap of 1/2 inch under the door so I crammed a hand towel under it. My husband was the first one in the shower. Very little pressure from the shower head because most water came out of the lower faucet. That was a good thing because the water was cold. He called the front desk and was told to let the water run 1 to 2 minutes. He was in the shower longer then that and it stayed cold. I had hot water when I first got in but within 2 minutes it was cold again. You can hear the doors slam from several rooms away. Another good thing is the free wifi. It would be helpful if they had info about signing on in the room so you don't have to call the front desk.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Its Nice clean and comfortable rooms, that all we need for a good night sleep !! Landscaping is pleasant, convenient location, friendly environment, and smiling staff is an icing on the cake !!
Keep up the good work folks. See on my next trip.

Room Tip: all rooms are quite since the property is not too close to the hwy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ray p
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We enjoyed staying here the renovated rooms look nice and comfortable. They even serve free hot breakfast in the morning this was an plus for me because i didn't even knew they had breakfast. The price was average for a 4 star hotel

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank johny_myer
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 21 May 2012

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME is the word for this hotel nicely and well taken cared of. Staff actually cares about the guest and making them feel like they're at home.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank henry f
tc
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Good place to stop by when traveling nice and clean

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank hank m
al
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The one thing i look for when visiting any hotels is that they are clean, this one exceeded my expectation. The hotel was spotless and very quit i had good sleep. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business