Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd
Budget Inn(Byron)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsrecommend this hotel to anyoneroom was cleanfront deskthis place offersper nightstuck in trafficspecial thanksboiled eggsmicrowave and fridgechoice hotelswould stay here againharryroadmarriotteconolodgestilesexit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

No complaints. Front desk as well as management was great. Rooms were very nice, clean, beds slept great, nice cold air and fridge and microwave were great. Will definitely stay at this location in the future. Will recommend to friends and family

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank hillbilly197731
ga203, Manager at Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you agian soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had booked our reservation a few weeks in advance and it was very late when we arrived. All we wanted was a hot shower, a comfortable bed, and a good nights rest. We got none of that.
From the moment we checked into the hotel we were disappointed.We checked in at the front desk around 1 o'clock in the morning. The lobby was dingy and outdated. The front desk clerk acted like we were inconveniencing him because he had to actually get up and do his job. He rushed through checking us in gave us our room number and basically dismissed us.

By the time we found our room and got our bags out of the car all I wanted to do was curl up on a nice comfortable bed. So much for that the bed in this room was hard as a rock and the pillows were even worse. After tossing and turning half the night I finally gave up on trying to sleep and decided to take a "HOT" shower and start getting ready to get back on the road. Not!! However I was definitely awake after the Ice cold water hit me in the face though.

We decided to bypass the free breakfast after seeing the condition of the lobby but I did get a cup of coffee which was just as cold as the shower.

I will never make this mistake again. I'll look into some of the other hotels in Byron or go on down the road next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Florence C
ga203, Manager at Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

I would like to apologize on behalf of our team. I am very sorry that the beds were not comfortbale for you. However we try to satasify all of our guests, it hurst us alot when one of our guest isnt happy. We take all of our feedbacks very importantly. Please accept our appology and give us one more chance to serve your futre hospitality needs.
Management

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here for one night just to meet relatives. The clerk at check in was polite, helpful and friendly. From there it went down hill. We were looking for a cup of coffee be fore we retired and had to walk to a store on another street to get some. Then we tried to bathe. We both shower. We each got about 2 minutes of hot water then it went to luke warm then cold. As it was late we just wrote it off as a never return motel. The next morning we tried their continental breakfast. A very poor selection.

Check out was at 11:00. I had gone down to see about breakfast about 10:15. As it was so poor I returned about 10:20 and my room key had already been deactivated. Fortunately my wife was in the room or it would have been another trip to the office.

If you want Cheap, this is the place. If you want anything else, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hank S
ga203, General Manager at Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Hank,

Manager
econolodge byron ga
478-956-5600

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here on our trip in order to get a promotion from Choice Hotels. I would not do this again, and Choice Hotel should reconsider what hotels they include.
The one bright spot of the stay was the pleasant woman who greeted us at the reception desk. After that it was downhill.
Beds were hard, the bedspreads were old and pilly, the carpets were old and had not been cleaned around the edge. Bathroom fixtures were turquoise and had been repaired over and over.
The thing that took the cake though was at the continental breakfast in the morning where there was a sign that said not to take more than one item. Also the coffee was undrinkable.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ga203, General Manager at Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

We are glad you chose to stay with us but are sorry to hear that you were displeased with your stay at our hotel. We are constantly remodeling our facility and updating our property on a regular basis. We have renovated the rooms. We will check on the issues you brought to our attention and we will definitely fix it. Again we are sorry that your visit was not a pleasant one and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

This property is not on the "main drag"...........you can see it from the highway exit but you have to do a little thinking to get to it.

The room was reasonably clean and OK..............however, the bed was not very firm............both of us had back-aches for two days..............this is not good when travelling..........would have been better to have slept on the floor............but, hindsight is 20-20.

I have seen where someone indicated that they serve a hot breakfast in the morning.............if a waffle is considered a hot breakfast, it is a new one to me..............hot breakfast, I thought, indicated eggs, possibly bacon or sausage, hash browns, bisquits & gravey, etc. There was not a hot breakfast the day we were there, and we both dumped our coffee as it was not very good.

I will say, however, that the night "clerk" was a wonderful woman.............she is a credit to her employer.

However, we will not be returning in the future as we travel I75.

Room Tip: I would stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family