“Good food / server had a bad day”

El Nopal Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Calhoun
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Yes try it enjoy good food and be patient with the staff.
Plus and minus might apply here ...
Server seemed like we were a nuisance.. I ask about a bottle of yuengling light response was "we don't sell that" ... Ouch sorry .. ( I'd suggest "we don't carry that but a couple other great beers are....") There was a clock above our table that said "Yuengling" like a dummy
I thought ... Well you know .. Plates and silverware ouch again.. Specials??? We're told "they are on a board out front if you'd want to go
Look" no clue ... I went out took a picture and brought it back for our table ..

Food was good. Guac and cheese dip were tasty food came out hot and fresh. Salsa had a nice little kick.. Lunches looked and tasted great.. Someone forgot to explain to the staff that customers aren't a pain.. We just came to eat, pay, and even tip... Good deal.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I eat here often and love it! Excellent food, service,and bang for your buck! Live music on Saturday nights is very cool too! My favorite is the enchiladas verdes!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I have been here on several occasions because this is where a lot of my friends and if seems everyone else likes to eat. But every time I have ordered something , they bring it and I'm looking at it asking, "what the hell is this?" . Also, it taste like soap! I would not recommend this place. If I gave to hi again , I will just eat the salsa and chips!!!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Enroute home it was getting late, stuck in traffic thru Atlanta, just wanting a good meal. Took the Calhoun exit, not knowing anything about the area, but was delighted to stumber on El Nopal. The food was excellent, the beer cold and the waiter Chino, polite and excellent server. It was nearing 10pm and they still had a large crowd....when traveling this way again, we will go back, only wish they were closer.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is our second time going here for a family meal - six adults and a baby. The service was excellent and the food is the best Mexican I've had in this area. The waiter was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Also, he was very patient with me changing my order - twice. Just could not make up my find!

I just wish it was closer to where we live rather than 45 minutes away!