“Neat place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Nürnberg
“Neat place to stay”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We were first given a room that smelled a little bit odd and smoky, but after we informed the reception, staff was very friendly and immediately switched us to another room that did not smell.
Room was cozy and clean, also relatively quiet.
Good value! Can recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ben A
JICalhoun, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your review. Offering both smoking rooms and nonsmoking rooms can be a bit challenging. If you are this way again, please request building #2, it is pet free and smoke free.
It's great to know my team immediately responded to your concerns and solved the dilemma without delay.
We strive to ensure each guest has a pleasurable experience and your comments confirm we were successful.

Thank you again for sharing your post, we appreciate that you chose us for your lodging needs.

Lynna Gron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at this Jameson Inn enroute to Orlando. We've been very pleased both times. The staff was very accomodating in meeting our needs after a long drive. Our room was very clean. The location is excellent - right off of the interstate & we walked across the parking lot to Ruby Tuesday for dinner - didn't even have to get back in the car. I can't comment on morning breakfast as we only had coffee to go - which was also nice to fill our travel cups & not having to stop somewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DianneR290
Thank you for sharing your comments. We do our best to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. Your return visit confirms we have succeeded. Thank you for selecting our inn, not just once but twice!

Looking forward to seeing you again in the spring.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I will not stay at this motel next time. The room had a musty odor and when we turned the air on it got worse. The breakfast is nothing to talk about! We went out for breakfast. I DO NOT recommend this motel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2011
JICalhoun, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I sincerely regret that you did not enjoy your stay due to odor issues and breakfast selection. When we are made aware of a situation we take immediate corrective action.
Our maintenance team is presently inspecting and cleaning all heating units to prevent other guests from having the same issue you experienced.
We are always open to suggestions on how to enhance our breakfast selections. I would enjoy hearing from you personally regarding what you were expecting to find that we did not offer.
Thank you again for taking time to share your valuable first hand feedback that allows us an opportunity to correct deficiencies.

Lynna Gron

Travellers are raving about these Calhoun hotels

New Richmond, Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Traveling home from tampa on 4th of July weekend. We stopped in Calhoun for the night and noticed the Jameson INN had a sign out front $64.99, all rooms. That sounds like a great deal but first, lets check out Holiday Inn express next door, $100!!! We went back to Jameson Inn and it was AWESOME!!! Nice appearance, outstanding front desk staff, great pool, great, clean room, gym and very quiet even though it was full. Only draw back is that we were a family of five and they didnt have a rollaway bed and we did not fit in the double beds so one person was on the floor :( Breakfast was great, biscuits and gravy, waffles, muffins, cereal, juice, toast , coffee, hot tea, mik, fresh fruit and pack of oatmeal. We WILL stay here if back in the Calhoun area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank angie10319
JICalhoun, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your comments from your visit to Calhoun, Georgia. I am thrilled to know my team took care of your family even when I was away on vacation. Your post is appreciated and confirms that my team is always dedicated to excellence in every aspect of our guest's experience.

We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs when you pass our way again!

Thanks again for sharing!
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed here on the way driving back from a Disney vacation. It was convenient - right off I 75. The staff was very nice and the hotel was clean and quiet. There is a small outdoor pool - also clean - which my kids loved after sitting in the car all day. The beds were comfortable also. Breakfast in the morning was fresh fruit, toast, bagels, cereal, muffins, and waffles. The bathroom was a bit small but just fine. Many restaurants and gas stations to choose from. The hotel sits behind other buildings. We turned into the Ruby Tuesday parking lot, pulled behind to the left to access the hotel since we were pulling a pop up camper. This was helpful phone advice from the hotel staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
JICalhoun, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Thank you for sharing your post regarding your stay in Calhoun, Georgia. I am delighted to know we were a pleasant part of your 2011 vacation memories. I enjoy hearing when parents are pleased with our sparkling clean pool and it was just what was needed for the kids to relax and end the day.
It's always a pleasure to read comments that mention how the staff was of assistance. I'm glad to learn they were helpful with parking your pop up camper.
We appreciate each and every guest and strive to do everything we can to ensure their stay is legendary, thank you so much for taking time to share details from your visit.

If you are ever this way again, please come see us again!
Ferndale, MI
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Stayed here on my way down to Florida and liked it so much I stayed here on my way home. The rates were great and the room was really nice. The room on the way down, a king size bed, was CLEAN (OMG even the carpet) modern with garnet counters around the sink. The air worked great and was quite. When I booked my return room, a king size bed and they staff found out I had just recently stayed there they gave me a nice little upgrade of a spa tub room. The staff was very polite and helpful. Will definitely stay here again and at any other Jameson Inns I come across in my travels

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
JICalhoun, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments! We strive to ensure every aspect of your stay is legendary and appreciate that you took the time to post your experience.

We realize you have many choices when selecting lodging accommodations and truly appreciate each and every guest that selects Jameson Inn!

Indiana
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My Husband and I stopped by there on the way back from Florida. The price was reasonable. The bed was very clean and comfy. We were only there for a short time since we had to leave early to get on the road the next day so everything was adequate. Room seemed kinda old, bathroom small, but ok. And clean. One nice thing was , especially when we were so tired, was the 2 young gals at the front desk. They were very friendly and welcoming, both on the phone and in prson. Loved their Southern accents! Breaksfast could be improved. My cereal was fine, orange juice was watery, and my husbands biscuit was cold and hard with water gravy. All in all it was a nice place to stay for a short visit.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post your comments! It will be a pleasure to share your compliments with our front desk team. They are dedicated to providing "Southern Hospitality" and it's nice to know they are appreciated for their hard work and dedication. I apologize that the breakfast was not up to standards, we will take immediate corrective action.

We realize that you have many choices when selecting a place to stay. Thank you for choosing Jameson Inn Calhoun, we appreciate your business!

Lynna Gron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Super 8 Calhoun
America's Best Inn - Calhoun
Howard Johnson Dalton
Howard Johnson Dalton
#4 of 22 in Dalton

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun? Share your experiences!