“Clean Motel on the way to Atlanta”

Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have stayed at other Jameson Inns that were Hotels, this franchise is a Motel. Exterior was clean as was the room with a decent bed. Breakfast was simple and basic with a different twist, most of the breakfast items were portion controlled in baggies. I think that this motel is fine for overnight travelers or if visiting family near by. Not a lot of amenities or local activities except the carpet and floor warehouses nearby and in Dalton.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
JICalhoun, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your post. Since you have visited other Jameson Inns that are interior corridor hotels, I understand why you would believe the motel (exterior corridor) in Calhoun, is a franchise. Actually, of 101 locations, Jameson Inns have just 9 that are privately owned and operated and Calhoun is not one of them.
To fulfill local health department regulations and to guarantee quality sanitation, we individually wrap most breakfast items. I regret that it appeared we were attempting to control portions.
Calhoun is conveniently located half way between Florida and Michigan and typically an overnight stop for most folks traveling along I-75. I agree we do not have amenities that would cause one to choose our town as a vacation spot; however our exit has 47 restaurants, Prime Outlet Center featuring 60 retails stores, and two sports complexes. As you mentioned, most folks coming to Calhoun would agree this exit is convenient and offers just what they need for an overnight stay.
Thanks again for taking time to share your comments, it's always a pleasure to receive and respond to our guests valuable first hand feed back.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I booked this hotel on a travel site and got a great deal. I immediately emailed the hotel directly and asked for a non smoking room with 2 beds, I got an email back within the hour saying they would be happy to honor my request.
The room was clean, with a fridge/freezer, microwave, flat screen tv. We had everything we needed for a one night stay. Breakfast included waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and muffins. Breakfast started at 5:30, and we were a little late to the party at 8:30, so not much was left(lots of guests that morning!). No big deal because McDonald's was basically in the same parking lot.
I left my video camera battery and charger in the room. I called and someone went to the room, retrieved it, and put it at the front desk for us to pick up on our way back through town.
This hotel is absolutely on our "keeper" list!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jaskee01

We understand third party sites do not always specify room type selection, please feel free to email your request or even better, call us directly. Most of the time we can honor your requested room type and usually we can price match on-line specials just by calling us directly for your reservations!
I apologize that breakfast selection was not replenished upon your arrival at 8:30. We do our best to ensure we always have more than enough in reserve; obviously we fell behind in restocking and I am sorry.
I'm happy to know your camera battery and charger were located and returned. It's always a pleasure to match "left behind" items with their rightful owners.
Thank you again for taking time to share details from your visit, we feel very fortunate to be on your list of hotels to revisit.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We ended up here because the folks next door at the Hampton Inn would not honor a coupon from a travel mag (the man on duty said something like, "the manager doesn't want to honor those tonight," as though it were just a whim...hey, let's not take those this evening and see what happens). In our case, we left. I am so glad we did! Everyone at the Jameson Inn was so kind to us. They didn't have a non-smoking room in the size we needed so they actually gave us something MUCH better for the same price. I am sure they could have just said, "that's all we have. Sorry," but they didn't. They went out of their way to make us comfortable. The breakfast room feels a bit like you're staying at a friend's house and they left a variety of food out for you because they don't know what you might like. I don't know how else to describe it. It's in a room of the hotel, so it's a little different from what you'd expect, and they have food items (like bagels and hard boiled eggs) stored in ziplock baggies. The ladies at the desk made it a real pleasure to stay there. We pass through here every year and I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your post. It's always a delight to know we were able to provide "much more" than expected. We realize you have many choices when selecting a place to lodge and going "above and beyond" expectations is what it takes to remain competitive.

I am truly proud of my team, they demonstrate the true meaning of hospitality and it’s a pleasure to know they were kind and responsive to your needs.

Thank you again for trying Jameson Inn, we welcome the opportunity to be your stop over next time you pass our way.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Rooms were clean, office staff was helpful above and beyond.Rates and breakfast great. Cleaning staff went above and beyond to get us extra towels and soaps, etc. Staff very patient with a bunch of 12 year old baseball players! Great location to shopping and recreation.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. We realize competitive ball keeps you on the road most every weekend & we want to ensure each guest experience with Jameson is legendary in every way! Extra supplies, rooms near other team members, and being genuinely patient is just part of hospitality.
Thank you again for allowing Jameson Inn to be part of your team experience in Calhoun, Georgia.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stopped overnight on our road trip to Orlando. We chose this hotel based on the other reviews and the place did not disappoint. The front desk staff was very friendly and cheerful. The room was clean and had a fridge/freezer, which was helpful since we were traveling with a cooler and needed to re-freeze our ice packs. We walked to Ruby Tuesday and brought our food over to the pool to eat dinner outside. Breakfast in the morning was very nice -- the kids loved the waffles and we loved the hard boiled eggs. And, Starbucks is right down the street. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
JICalhoun, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your post. It will be a delight to share your comments with my team, they are truly a talented group of people. We appreciate you mentioning how convenient the fridge/freezer was, in response to customer feedback just like yours, Jameson Inn
added microwave / refridges to all guest rooms just this year.
As mentioned, Ruby Tuesdays and several other restaurants are conveniently located and within walking distance, I am pleased to know our picnic area poolside was a convenience.
Thank you again for sharing your comments; it's always nice to know we were an enjoyable part of your "road trip" memories.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I gave this place 4 stars because of the value, compared with others in its class. It was a handy little hotel that didn't overcharge me for a short night on the way to (and from) Florida. The room was very standard and the breakfast was exactly what I would have expected, except the coffee was surprisingly good! They had a small outdoor pool that my kids enjoyed.

I would definitely stay at this property again. It was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ELHappyCamper
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. Providing affordable, clean and comfortable rooms is what we do best! I am thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay enough to return, a repeat guest is an innkeepers greatest success. I agree the pool is perfect after a long car ride, and ours has been a life saver for many families just like yours.

Perhaps we will have the pleasure of your return in the spring? Thanks again for taking time to share your post.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I have to commend The Jameson Inn In Calhoun,Ga. I book a room on line with Motels,com: but when we got there the room was on the second floor. I can not climb stairs,so this was a problem. Motels.com did not asked if I had any special needs.But the staff at the Calhoun,Ga. Gave me a room that fit my needs at no extra cost,even though We were ready to pay for another room. I must commend the staff and The Jameson Inn for their care and support. Thank You Very Much Jameson Inn.

Room Tip: If you book on line make sure that your special needs are meet before booking. If they do not ask ca...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. It's a pleasure to know my team responded to your situation and provided a helpful solution.
Lower level rooms typically sell out quickly; I am relieved we had one available when you arrived. Many times it's the little things that mean the most!

Thanks again for taking time to share your post; we appreciate your kind words.

Lynna Gron

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Super 8 Calhoun
#4 of 17 in Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
America's Best Inn - Calhoun
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun? Share your experiences!