“We came in quite late so were glad we had made...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed 3 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Lynna G, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were very pleased with this hotel it was clean and well maintained. The breakfast was very good and the dining area was clean and food was kept filled. We stayed here on the spur of the moment and we were pleasantly surprised at the low price and great value. Would stay again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your post with 4 star rating! I am glad to know your experience was above and beyond your expectations. I realize not staying somewhere familiar can be a bit concerning. Knowing you will stay again speaks volumes about your experience and is truly appreciated.

Thank you again for sharing your comments!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was very satisfied with this motel...am a returning customer. It's convenient, price is right and services were good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your post and 4 star rating. We sincerely appreciate our guest’s and a repeat customer is our greatest accomplishment!

Thanks again for sharing your comments!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Lynna G, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Reviewed 31 January 2014

On the night of the Georgia debacle--January 28, 2014--I'd already had a reservation in Tennessee, but I couldn't get there from the snail-pace parking lot of greater Atlanta. Beginning at 11:30 a.m. I canvassed hotels for a room. By 10 p.m. I'd arrived in Calhoun where I learned that every room at the exit (4 or 5 motels) was taken. Before leaving for the next I-75 exit, I checked at the Baymont. No rooms. BUT, a girl who reminded me of Kate Blanshett ran out into the cold as I was leaving to say that it looked as though a no-show room could be released at 11 p.m. If the room-reserver showed up before then, she'd put me on the couch in the lobby for the night. With an hour to wait, I decided to get gas, coffee, and food (having spent almost 12 hours in the car). When I returned, I could see through the window that "Kate" was cleaning the floor in the lobby; and I settled down with my coffee and snack in the car in front of the office to watch the minutes tick by until 11. At 10:59, Kate ran out to the car to tell me I had a room.

And what a room. Huge, immaculate, WARM, nicely decorated, well-lit (with matching, antique-looking fixtures and lamps); king-bed with 5 plump pillows, huge TV (that worked perfectly), microwave, refrigerator, ironing board and iron (well-placed, semi-invisible) near the open-closet area, coffee-maker with a display of various coffees and teas and extras, huge drawers in a lovely bureau/desk covered in marble and wood. Long, wide, sparkling vanity area connected to an immaculate, if aging, bathroom. A very securely locking door--not that the area (heavily populated with small businesses, Home Depot and countless other stores & shopping) appeared to need it.

Eager to get back on the road north, I skipped their free breakfast (waffles were offered) and hit one of the many fast-food spots within a minute's walk for coffee & food to go. The gas station across the street from the inn has the best coffee-selection I've ever seen, and the coffee (I chose Peruvian "robust") was fresh.

Lastly, and it's now three days since my stay, I still have no idea what I paid for the room (who cared--it was a room!), but whatever it was, it was worth at least three times the price even in gorgeous weather, and I'll be making a point of staying there on future trips south.

Room Tip: The inn consists of two main buildings--both well removed from traffic; but if quiet's a determ...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your review and perfect 5 star rating! I agree, the snow and ice storm was a huge inconvenience and very dangerous for many folks. Honestly, we could have sold an additional 50 rooms to stranded motorists that evening. Elizabeth (Kate) was extremely concerned for the welfare of our travelers along I-75, especially as the evening wore on and more and more folks became road weary.

I am thankful Elizabeth was empowered to make reservation changes that enabled you to stay. Our team in Calhoun loved reading the description of your experience at our inn.

Travelers have many many choices when selecting a place to stay and Baymont Inn Calhoun appreciates every guest that chooses to stay with us.

First hand feedback and complete honesty is priceless!

Thank you again for taking time to share your review and compliments pertaining to Elizabeth! We look forward to being on your list of stop overs when you come to our area again.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This property used to be the Jamison Inn which many people had liked in the past, but noted it was showing its age. Jamison Inns went bankrupt and their properties were purchased by various chains. We are not usually fans of this brand, but this motel is an exception. First of all, it is the same staff and the manager of the property has been there 25 years (delightful lady, hands-on, very friendly and conscientious). The rooms have a fresh coat of paint, new bedding and carpet. The outside of the property is well-kept. It is pet-friendly ($15 fee & with some restrictions-call the manager to clarify); yet there is also two separate buildings that allows those without pets to be placed in rooms that have never had pets in them. Breakfast was average, other guests quite friendly. Pleasant stay. Calhoun is our stopping point coming and going to Florida and we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynna G, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing details of your stay and 4 star rating. We appreciate that you shared details from your experience and we are elated that you noticed our improvements. Aimbridge Hospitality manages all 103 "former Jameson's" and they have made significant improvements to all properties. Thank you again for noticing.

A return guest is an innkeepers greatest accomplishment, we look forward to the opportunity to be your choice for lodging when you are in Calhoun, GA.

Thanks' again for your post! Look forward to seeing you in the spring!

Lynna Gron

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Super 8 Calhoun
#2 of 17 in Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
America's Best Inn - Calhoun
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun? Share your experiences!