“Nice quick stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Stayed here when we couldn't drive anymore. Used a coupon from a GA travel book. They honored the coupon, no problem. Rooms were nice and spacious. Bed was disappointing...not very comfy, flat pillows, and fitted sheets that come off the bed. Had a fridge in the room and an old TV. Bathroom was very roomy. Full complete breakfast was awesome...waffles, oatmeal, pastries, cereal, etc. Was perfect for a quick stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
CountryInnCalhoun71, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad we were able to assist you with your travel home! We are very proud of our new and improved "be our Guest" breakfast and would love to have you join us again! If ever passing through please stop by.

Thanks again,

Ashley Layton
Director of sales

Reviewed 16 February 2011

We had stayed in Country Inns once before and decided to make them our overnights during an extended trip south. Convenience to I-75 was the first criterion but they are consistent in cleanliness, quiet, easy in and out, adequate breakfast to avoid another stop when you want to get on the road in the morning...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Country inns 2 queen suites are the perfect size for my family of 5 so we like to stay there. This one has some mixed floors of smoking and non smoking so to our surprise we had a non smoking room surrounded by smoking rooms! I felt engulfed by smoke walking to our room from the elevator. The desk person's excuse for this was that they have a lot of Japanese customers - huh?
Our room smelled better than the hall, but the smell was coming in from under the door and through the vents.
The thermostat was broken and my husband made a quick fix to get through the cold night. In hindsight I should have made them give us 2 rooms on a non smoking floor to compensate for the trouble since the other suites were taken.
This was room 414 FYI.
There were also stains on the carpet.
Finally, the breakfast at the hotel was the worst of our road trip.
Almost every table had a piece of french toast with one bite taken out of it. It was hard on the edges and tasteless. My kids who are not picky eaters were refusing item after item because it was all prepackaged, convenience store quality, preservative filled junk.
The only fruit was some stuff dumped from a can to a serving bowl. Not even a banana.
Nothing was remotely fresh. The muffins were packaged and gross.
The pull out sofa did not have linens - they keep them in the drawer for do it yourself service which is just what tired travelers want to do after a long day on the road.
On a good note, the bathroom was very clean.
This was not a good stay, we won't be back and recommend you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2011

My husband and I were headed to Florida for our daughter's wedding and an extended stay and were traveling with two large dogs...a golden and moose of a yellow lab. How fortunate we felt to find a place with a 3 diamond rating from AAA and a pet-friendlly policy . In fact, this motel doesn't even charge additional fees for dogs! I asked twice to make sure I had heard correctly! Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Rooms were clean, well-stocked with towels and toiletries and spacious enough for two large dog pillows and us. Breakfast fare was plentiful..usual extended choices. Loved the cookies in the lobby in the evening! Apprecaited that other people with pets were as considerate as we try to be. No additional noise or barking. Great place to stay...one of the best rates we found on our trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2010

We were greeted with by a wonderful young lady at the front desk. She had cookies, coffee, and hot chocolate waiting for us as we arrived. The lobby was being decorated for Christmas and looked fabulous in such a country looking setting.

We had a suite which was perfect for our family of 5. There were two double beds, a pull out sofa, two televisions, a fridge, microwave, and two Wing back chairs. The hotel provided free wireless internet and a wonderful hot breakfast with lots of variety. We enjoyed this breakfast so much better than our previous hotel.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, and love the atmosphere of the Country Inn and Suites. This is our second stop at this particular location!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Stayed one night on our return trip. Choose this location due to pet friendly policy and proximity to I-75, and the price was very reasonable. Room was clean and neat and check-in was friendly. I became concerned when a softball team of teen girls checked into rooms around and above us, but never heard any noise from them. The Calhoun Outlets are just a mile away and I stocked up at the Bath and Body Works Outlet store. Breakfast was typical fare of cereal, oatmeal, waffles and pastries, but that suited us as we wanted to get on the road early. Overall, a good experience at a good price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We were travelling south and Calhoun was where we got tired. Got a nice minisuite for $75 with the visitor center coupon. The extra space made it possible for me to go to bed while my husband was still watching TV. It's only one room, but large. He moved the chair close to the TV so he could keep the volume down. The sofa and chair were also nice for the pizza we picked up for dinner. Large bathroom, with the curved shower curtain rod that has become almost standard. Very long vanity, lots of space. Speedy wi-fi connection. Fridge and microwave in room. The breakfast buffet included eggs, ham, and country fried potatoes. My husband said the potatoes were excellent. However, the attendant did not do a very good job of keeping up with the demand. There was a little league team staying in the hotel, so maybe it's not always this bad. The boys were heaping their plates with food. But I think she could still have kept the pastries stocked better. I will say she was very nice about thawing my frozen bagel in her microwave as there was no microwave for us to use. A long line at the "make you own waffle" iron. (Why don't hotels put more than one of these in, if they're going to offer waffles? If you're a family I would think you'd want to eat at the same time and have everything warm. That's not possible with one iron.) The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the pillows soft, and plenty of towels and face cloths. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
#1 of 17 in Calhoun
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun? Share your experiences!