On a trip back from Florida we picked this location based on it's pet friendly policy and coupon. When we checked in we asked for a non-smoking king and were advised they only had a handicapped accessible room. We agreed, handed over our coupon and went up to the room.
We were at the very end of the hall farthest from the road and my first thought was "wow this will be super quiet".
After unpacking we went back out and found a nice assortment of restaurants nearby. We came though the lobby and found some cookies and coffee for dessert. The kids birthday party happening in the indoor poor was still in full swing. So not a good option for a relaxing dip.
When we returned to the room to relax and watch some tv we heard a thumping bass sound. At first we thought someone had parked in the vacant lot we were overlooking behind the hotel and had their stereo on. We kept trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. Later we realized there was a dive bar adjacent to the unattractive vacant lot behind us and it was in full party mode til 1PM. Luckily we were so tired we fell asleep, woke up around midnight and my husband took the dog out for a quick walk. The bar was still jamming and the police had arrived!
So the thumping bass was a bit annoying but the room overall was quiet otherwise aside from the occaisional slamming door. We didn't hear a thing til the next morning when we did hear water running.
The room itself was clean and attractive with some dated aspects. It did have an old fashioned bedspread which was kind of creepy...I am sure they don't wash those after each guest. We folded it down near the foot of the bed which just left us with a thin blanket. It did have an old tube style tv but it worked fine.
The pillows on the bed were flat as can be. I did go to the lobby and asked for a couple of extra ones so we could prop ourselves up to watch the tv.
The bathroom was super clean and large and the handicapped version had a walk in shower.
The next morning we took turns going down for breakfast. There were a few hot items, waffles and the usual muffins, toast and cereal. They had a nice juice machine that had delicious peach/citrus juice. It was amazing that many of our fellow guests came down in their pajamas to eat breakfast. Hadn't seen that before at other places. Maybe it is a Georgia thing?
Otherwise the breakfast and stay overall was pleasant and restful. If you choose this place you may not want to be on the backside at the very end of the hall...maybe then you won't hear the noise from the bar next door, or maybe you could just jump the fence and join the fun?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country inn & Suites in Calhoun, Georgia is a 64 room hotel. We have 19 Suites available. We are located less than a mile from the Premier Outlet Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Calhoun Hotel Calhoun
- Country Inn And Suites Calhoun
- Country Inn Calhoun
- Calhoun Country Inn