“Service dog questioned”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
“Service dog questioned”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

After leaving a hotel in Dalton where our service dog was not welcomed I called the 800 number for country inn and suites. We just needed an overnight stay on our way to Florida. I was told online I had to give a reason for having a service dog and it what it was trained for. I told them that it was licensed and did not feel I needed to give a reason. Decided to drive to the hotel and ask at front desk. At first I was told they did not take dogs and I needed to go on down the road. I explained it was illegal to deny a service dog and someone else stepped up to help. They checked to see if they had service dog rooms available. They did and checked us in requiring to copy the license. The staff were friendly and kind as my daughter brought the dog in.
Room was average. It was clean and bed was comfortable. A bit noisy.
In the morning we were questioned again by an employee about the dog and her license. I'm hopeful hotels will educate their staff better on dealing with guests that have disabilities.

• Stayed November 2013
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hello,

On behalf of the Management and Staff, we Thank You for staying with us at the COuntry Inn and Suites In Calhoun, GA.

We appreciate you comments and I will make sure that the entire staff is well educated regarding Service Animals.

We hope that if you come our way again, you will stay with us.

Warm Regards

Jacque Eells

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Dimas, California
Reviewed 26 September 2013

After running in an Ultra Marathon, 85 miles, we were exhausted after being awake for 36 hours straight. We pulled into the Country Inn and Suites in Calhoun GA, at 9:00am on a Sunday morning and Lisa, our angel at the desk, wasted no time and got our group checked into quiet rooms, no hassel, to fuss! She just took care of us and we needed the love! The next day we were able to safely travel to our destination. So thank you Lisa! We are so greatful and blessed to have crossed paths with you and a very clean and friendly hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the Country Inn and Suites in Calhoun, GA.

On behalf of the Management and Staff we appreciate your business and hope if you come this way again you will be sure to stay at the Country Inn and Suites, Calhoun.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was very clean, and the staff was very professional and helpful. Only suggestion would be to use real eggs for the scrambled eggs. Everything else on the free breakfast was fresh and very good. The free tea and coffee were a bonus for us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hello

On behalf of the Management and Staff at the Country Inn and Suites, Calhoun, we would like to Thank you for your kind comments.

We strive to make each and every guest feel like they are "Home Away From Home".

We hope when your travels bring you in are area that you will stay with us again.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stopped at the Country Inn and Suites on our way back to Florida for the night and were not disappointed! We got the Club Carlson rate (lower than the coupon) and had a very nice and clean King room. We took advantage of the nice indoor pool and spa and were not disappointed. The hotel is in a very nice area with plenty of restaurants around to enjoy dinner. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable! We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have a great sunset!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, 23 April 2015
Hello

Thank you for your nice comments regarding the Country Inn and Suites in Calhoun, GA.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The management and staff look forward to your return visit.

Best Regards,

Delona Martin

Country Inn & Suites
Calhoun, GA 30701
706-625-6500
Pasadena
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The room was clean, the bed (king) was comfortable, little noise from the nearby highway and virtually none from adjoining rooms. The breakfast was standard Country Inn with a surprise Peach Juice offering (at least surprise for me).

The front desk staff at check in and check out were not only courteous but efficient and happy campers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Hello

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The management and staff look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I use Trip Advisor for most trips that I take. However, this is the first review that I have written. I was so bothered by the poor customer service that I felt compelled to share with others who may look to stay at this hotel. I stayed at this hotel (and another Country Inn) while traveling to and from Florida on a family vacation in January. That was my first time staying at this chain of hotels but was pleasantly impressed with the quality for this type of hotel. It worked out great for us for one night. So, while traveling home from Florida again, I booked a double queen room to stay in for one night through Priceline. I arrived around 9:00pm with two sleepy young boys to stay for the night. After waiting in line, I was helped by a woman named Stephanie. She stated that she needed to check the room because "there was some question about it earlier". I asked her if there was an issue and she replied that someone had "viewed" the room earlier and that she needed to make sure that it was clean. She returned about ten minutes later and stated that it was "fine". Upon entering the room, it immediately smelled like cigarettes and alcohol even though it was a non-smoking room. When we pulled back the sheets there was make-up on the pillow and hair on the sheets. When I went back down, Stephanie said that she could put us in a room with a king sized bed and pull out couch but that she could not change the price (even though it was a lower priced room) since we booked through Priceline. I told her that I would be satisfied with the sheets being changed. However, when I returned to the room, I discovered that there was urine and toilet paper in the toilet and the soap had been opened and used. I returned to the desk and asked Stephanie to fix the situation. She denied that a manager was available and no housekeeping. She was the only one there on a Saturday night. She said that she would clean the room. We waited in the hallway for 45 minutes and she never came. While I was sitting there, I cancelled with Priceline and booked a room down the street at the Holiday Inn. We finally got to our room for the night at 11pm. We travel this same route once or twice a year. I tend to be loyal to hotels that treat their customers right. I would have been willing to stay DESPITE the dirty room that I was put in and the fact that Stephanie lied to my face if she would have shown one ounce of an apology or wrong doing. Country Inn and Suites will not be getting my business anymore.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank alehman85
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Good Afternoon

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our Country Inn and Suites in Calhoun, GA.

I would like to say that Stephanie was the only one here the night of your reservation. I have looked into your issue and found that the room was marked clean. I wish I could say that we are all perfect, however we are human and we do make mistakes.

I am happy you found another to your satisfaction.

We hope that you will try us again on your future travels.

Country Inn and Suites
Calhoun, GA
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel on July 5th-6th .After having a great experience with this property before I booked a room with the idea that it would be a nice place to meet my daughter & her dog coming up from Florida as we drove down from Milwaukee . The room had musty smell, the beds were uncomfortable --well worn mattresses and poor pillows.

Breakfast selection was good - but my eggs,sausage and potatoes were all cold.

Not what I expected for $110 a night

Room Tip: No longer allowing pets as of 7/15
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care Specialist at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
Hampton Inn & Suites Adairsville
Hampton Inn Dalton
Hampton Inn Dalton
#5 of 22 in Dalton

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun? Share your experiences!