“Best in Calhoun”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Nice hotel with over the top customer service. Large bathroom counter, clean bedding, and they treat you like royalty! Located very close to large outlet mall and several restaurants. Best choice in Calhoun by far!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Good Afternoon

On behalf of the management and staff of the Calhoun Country Inn and Suites, we Thank you for your nice compliments.

We strive to make everyone feel at Home!

When traveling in our area again, please stop and stay with us.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I LOVE this Hotel! We moved away from our home town, Calhoun, so we come home about every 4 weeks. We stayed at another local hotel until that hotel was full and we were looking for another place to stay. WOW WE HIT THE JACKPOT!
The staff is excellent !
We are treated like Royalty.
I am so happy that we found such a Great Hotel in Calhoun, Georgia !!

Room Tip: All are great rooms..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello

On behalf of the Management and Staff of the Calhoun Country Inn and Suites, Thank You for your nice compliments.

We strive to make everyone feel like you are at "Home"!

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Was on the road to Kentucky for the Christmas holidays and decided to stop for the night at a good halfway point. Booked a room through Expedia at this hotel. Was familiar with the exit and area and it was close to a niece and nephew's home. Arrived late, which was okay, as I had paid in advance through Expedia. Room was lovely. Clean and quiet and I had a very restful sleep. Set a wakeup call for the next morning. Went downstairs for coffee (even though there was a pot in the room), returned to shower and get back on the road. As I'm finishing up in the shower, there's a loud boom, the lights go out and the alarms go off! I'm naked, and in the dark. Not two things I'm very happy about. I grope around for a towel, wrap my hair, try to "dress" and check out what's happening below out the window. Fire trucks are everywhere! No one seems to be in a rush about it, though, so I pick up the phone to call the front desk...it's dead. I decide my best defense is to continue to dress and evacuate the room. I have no power in the bathroom, but the electric is working in the bedroom, so I dry my hair, finish my makeup (gee, I hope the building isn't on fire, but the firemen are a hunky bunch, so rescue might be fun) and pack my belonging. I head out to the elevator..no power. Now, I must walk down five flights of steps (as you know, the top floor is the best). I stop in the breakfast room...no food. While I was dressing all the other guests were eating, and apparently everything in sight! However, with no electricity, I had to settle for cold cereal and warm coffee, as the staff could not replenish supplies. I check out at the desk and they tell me a transformer blew across the way and knocked out their power. They are sorry for the inconvenience. I tell them no problem. The room was nice, clean and I had slept well. Out of curiosity, I asked them what the hotel rate would have been had I not booked through Expedia and it was $10 less! Ha! I won't do that again. On my way back, I booked my own room at another CI&S down the road and paid the cheaper rate. They are really nice hotels and reasonably priced. Clean and comfortable (if a transformer doesn't blow somewhere!) Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: It's a pet friendly facility, so if you don't want a room an animal has been in you can requ...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Good Afternoon

On behalf of the Country Inn and Suites we Thank You for your comments.

We are sorry for the issue with the Transformer. It did affect so many businesses in the area.

We hope that if you travel this way again, you will join and make the Country Inn and Suites Calhoun your "Home Away From Home"!.

General Manage

Reviewed 3 January 2014

It was my pleasure to stay here for a number of days on business, and found it restful and very adequate. Desk staff and housekeeping staff were excellent. The exercise room and pool were also a plus. Nearby restaurants (walking distance) and outlet shopping mall (also within walking distance) help make it even better. Don't miss the cookies in the lobby!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Good Afternoon

On behalf of the Calhoun Country Inn and Suites, Thank you so much for the nice message that you published on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to your stay when you are traveling in our area.

Stay Warm

Country Inn and Suites
Calhoun, GA

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

After leaving a hotel in Dalton where our service dog was not welcomed I called the 800 number for country inn and suites. We just needed an overnight stay on our way to Florida. I was told online I had to give a reason for having a service dog and it what it was trained for. I told them that it was licensed and did not feel I needed to give a reason. Decided to drive to the hotel and ask at front desk. At first I was told they did not take dogs and I needed to go on down the road. I explained it was illegal to deny a service dog and someone else stepped up to help. They checked to see if they had service dog rooms available. They did and checked us in requiring to copy the license. The staff were friendly and kind as my daughter brought the dog in.
Room was average. It was clean and bed was comfortable. A bit noisy.
In the morning we were questioned again by an employee about the dog and her license. I'm hopeful hotels will educate their staff better on dealing with guests that have disabilities.

• Stayed: November 2013
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hello,

On behalf of the Management and Staff, we Thank You for staying with us at the COuntry Inn and Suites In Calhoun, GA.

We appreciate you comments and I will make sure that the entire staff is well educated regarding Service Animals.

We hope that if you come our way again, you will stay with us.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

After running in an Ultra Marathon, 85 miles, we were exhausted after being awake for 36 hours straight. We pulled into the Country Inn and Suites in Calhoun GA, at 9:00am on a Sunday morning and Lisa, our angel at the desk, wasted no time and got our group checked into quiet rooms, no hassel, to fuss! She just took care of us and we needed the love! The next day we were able to safely travel to our destination. So thank you Lisa! We are so greatful and blessed to have crossed paths with you and a very clean and friendly hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
CountryInnCalhoun71, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the Country Inn and Suites in Calhoun, GA.

On behalf of the Management and Staff we appreciate your business and hope if you come this way again you will be sure to stay at the Country Inn and Suites, Calhoun.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was very clean, and the staff was very professional and helpful. Only suggestion would be to use real eggs for the scrambled eggs. Everything else on the free breakfast was fresh and very good. The free tea and coffee were a bonus for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hello

On behalf of the Management and Staff at the Country Inn and Suites, Calhoun, we would like to Thank you for your kind comments.

We strive to make each and every guest feel like they are "Home Away From Home".

We hope when your travels bring you in are area that you will stay with us again.

Jacque Eells

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
#1 of 17 in Calhoun
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun? Share your experiences!