“Filthy”

La Quinta Inn Calhoun
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was my first experience in a "pet friendly" hotel. I was traveling with my cat and had put in almost 1300 miles. Check in was chaos as the clerk was also caring for her baby in a playpen behind the counter and keeping her eye on a small girl running around the lobby. The cost was also excessive, comparatively speaking. The first thing I noted upon entering my room was the odor, musty, and dirty mixed. Once the curtains were opened I could see why. Large dark stains covered the carpeting, the walls were stained as well (?) How that happens is beyond me. The six panel bathroom door was dirty with fingerprints and what appeared to be urine stains caked in dust on the bottom panel. The entire room was dusty as was the bed spread. Three of the four bathroom towels were badly stained as were the washcloths. One lone small bottle of shampoo was provided. I returned to the desk to see if another room was available and described the condition of the room. A woeful smile and an "I'm sorry" was all I got, plus two bars of soap. Luckily I always bring my own blanket and I gingerly removed the bedspread surprised to find clean sheets albeit, musty. I did not check the mattress nor pillow covers as I was almost too tired to care at this point. Next AM I checked out the Free Breakfast dismayed to find food scattered about the counter and crusty serving spoons. I wasn't surprised.
Take my advice and skip this one, my cat is still ticked off at me!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Had always stayed at the Hampton Inn at this exit when travelling back and forth to Florida but it has changed hands so we decided to try the Laquinta. Have stayed at LQ's in the past but will NEVER stay here again. Filthy carpet, bad animal odors, no air conditioning in the hallways, black mold in the dining room fridge and woke up with bites in our legs. LaQuinta should revoke their partnership in their chain as this hotel does not measure up. Tried to lodge a complaint online and only received a computer generated response. Showed a total lack of interest on the manager's part. The young lady at the front desk however was a pleasure to deal with.

Room Tip: a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel has dirty stairways,The manager was rude. They Change your booking information then argue with you about it.The stairways are narrow, and the carpet needs replacing has tears in it.Not to mention they have no elevators to the upstairs. I hope you are not handicapped and have a strong back. better hope the sprinkler system works as narrow as the stairway is you probably would get trampled getting out of the upstairs level.Be careful booking they tell you one thing and when you get there your information and there information certainly will not match.

Room Tip: Do not stay upstairs at all
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We have stayed at many different La Quintas in the past because we travel with pets. They are usually fine, not where I would stay if I didn't travel with pets, but clean & friendly. This did not happen at the hotel in Calhoun,GA. First off we were traveling with our grandkids who planned on using the pool but the pool was closed and they never bothered to mention it when I made the reservation earlier that week. Second they have no elevator. We had to haul luggage for four and the pets up the stairs. The entire hotel looks tired, in need of a good cleaning and new bedspreads. I was glad we were only there for one short night. We will never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra V
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Calhoun, GA. The staff was very friendly and the hotel location was convenient. The room was clean and very comfortable. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the overall quality, cost, cleanliness and comfort of this hotel. When I am on the road, I will definitely be "waking up on the bright side!"

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Employees were very helpful to our family. We had two handicapped people in our party and they did everyyhing to make our stay pleasant.They answered all questions we had about the area and directed us where we wanted to go.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Calhoun, GA
21 mi away
Howard Johnson Dalton
Howard Johnson Dalton
#4 of 22 in Dalton

Been to La Quinta Inn Calhoun? Share your experiences!