“Dirtier than dirt!”

La Quinta Inn Calhoun
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
“Dirtier than dirt!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Absolutely terrible! Carpet had more stained areas than non. Bathtub had a silicone and some other unknown substance stuck to the floor. Unbelievable stink that was masked [unsuccessfully] by a weird coconut scent. Filthy! How this hotel keeps the La Quinta name is beyond me! Room 119 was our families unfortunate fate. The staff was friendly and that is the only positive I can muster in this review. Nightmare is too tame a word to describe this rat hole of a room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from visiting family in another state. The location was good. It's right off the interstate and close to restaurants. This hotel has two floors and does not have an elevator. Our room was on the second floor. The carpet on the stairs and in our room was quite worn and needed replacing. The front desk staff was friendly and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was very limited on food choices and places to sit. Probably will not stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wishie1
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Enjoyed my stay however, I am booked there for several weeks and have requested the first floor since there is no elevator. Staff very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very friendly staff. Restaurants and highway very close. Very nice small town! Shopping close great scenery. This is my 3rd stay traveling to Florida yet to be disappointed always able to get a room with a smile. Warm cookies given out in lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The location is good. The stairway needs attention; carpet dirty and it was ripped. The room was a smoking room a smoking at one time and the smell of smoke was still there. My wife and I both have a lung disorder. The room did not smell fresh even though they tried to apply spray to make smell good. Will not come back

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travellers are raving about these Calhoun hotels

Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was my first experience in a "pet friendly" hotel. I was traveling with my cat and had put in almost 1300 miles. Check in was chaos as the clerk was also caring for her baby in a playpen behind the counter and keeping her eye on a small girl running around the lobby. The cost was also excessive, comparatively speaking. The first thing I noted upon entering my room was the odor, musty, and dirty mixed. Once the curtains were opened I could see why. Large dark stains covered the carpeting, the walls were stained as well (?) How that happens is beyond me. The six panel bathroom door was dirty with fingerprints and what appeared to be urine stains caked in dust on the bottom panel. The entire room was dusty as was the bed spread. Three of the four bathroom towels were badly stained as were the washcloths. One lone small bottle of shampoo was provided. I returned to the desk to see if another room was available and described the condition of the room. A woeful smile and an "I'm sorry" was all I got, plus two bars of soap. Luckily I always bring my own blanket and I gingerly removed the bedspread surprised to find clean sheets albeit, musty. I did not check the mattress nor pillow covers as I was almost too tired to care at this point. Next AM I checked out the Free Breakfast dismayed to find food scattered about the counter and crusty serving spoons. I wasn't surprised.
Take my advice and skip this one, my cat is still ticked off at me!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Had always stayed at the Hampton Inn at this exit when travelling back and forth to Florida but it has changed hands so we decided to try the Laquinta. Have stayed at LQ's in the past but will NEVER stay here again. Filthy carpet, bad animal odors, no air conditioning in the hallways, black mold in the dining room fridge and woke up with bites in our legs. LaQuinta should revoke their partnership in their chain as this hotel does not measure up. Tried to lodge a complaint online and only received a computer generated response. Showed a total lack of interest on the manager's part. The young lady at the front desk however was a pleasure to deal with.

Room Tip: a different hotel