“Forget this place”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Big Canoe, Georgia, USA
“Forget this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

No elevator, carpet on stairs was torn and dirty. Room was mediocre, windows were covered with sheet plastic on outside. Breakfast was not memorable. This motel needs to be retired. The only plus is the location, next door to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank 121erwind

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Calhoun, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Good hotel... Paper thin walls. Barely chatting and playing games with friends after a wedding and felt like we couldn't have any fun. Hotel was clearly not full and was wedged between to old fuddy duddies... It's vacation not a morgue.

Brunswick, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel was very clean. Breakfast could have been better. It would be nice if mid priced hotels would commit to coffee mugs instead of paper and styrofoam. Air conditioner was a little noisy but I would stay hear again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Everything was great as I expected it would be. The best part about La Quinta is they are very pet friendly. It is very important to me to take my pet and not have to board my pet or rely on someone else to take care of my pet. I am able to save money by not paying a pet fee which allows me to stay more frequently at the La Quinta's when I want to go out of town. That's awesome!!

Ingersoll, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel on my way back from Florida. Our room had pee stains on the carpet too. When I told the person on the front desk she said they knew about the stains but they are going to renovate soon. The grass on the area for the dogs to walk outside was dry and brown and on a slope. This is the first time I have been disappointed in a La Quinta Inn.My sister stayed in the Red Roof Inn in Dalton, GA and she said her room was great and dogs stay free. Next time that is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Stay in the Red Roof Inn, Dalton.

1 Thank CJYoung01

Travellers are raving about these Calhoun hotels

Great Falls, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

It has finally happened, I have stayed in a substandard La Quinta. I have stayed in dozens of La Quintas over several years and this is the first one that gets thumbs down.

When we entered our room I noticed a smell and after looking around found several stains where dogs had wet. When my wife spoke to the desk clerk she said there was a problem with people leaving their dogs alone for several hours and this is what happens but they plan on putting new carpets in the rooms in the future. Now we know how it happened and a possible fix in the future but nothing to help us with I have never found a La Quinta room in this condition and they have dogs staying in rooms.

The dog walk is on a side of a steep bank in a dark place where I wouldn't dare let my wife go after dark.

I also noticed there was no coffee or tissues in the room. Checking with the front desk they gave us coffee but said they were out of tissues.

The only pool was outdoors and it was full of garbage. I would rather swim in a frog pond.

The beds aren't too bad but not even close to those in other La Quints. I was going to stay in a La Quinta tomorrow night but I may go to the Drury Inn, I have never been disappointed with them.

Two things on the plus side is that serve breakfast at 5am so we can get an early start and the wifi was fast and worked well.

It is too bad that a few pet owner who are slobs and give us all a bad name but other motels have found ways of dealing with them.

Room Tip: Stay some place else
michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Keep going to another inn. I like the LaQuinta brand however this location is substandard. There is no safe location to walk our small dogs. The hotel is all parking lot or a narrow strip of ground above a marsh not good for two old ladies on a cane. The room had stained carpet, torn and stained lamp shades and I found candy wrappers under the chair. I called the desk and she said she would make a note. Well, I made a note not to go here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank missylulu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Super 8 Calhoun
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dalton
Hampton Inn Dalton
Hampton Inn Dalton
#5 of 22 in Dalton

Been to La Quinta Inn Calhoun? Share your experiences!