“Watch out for mice!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Anderson, South Carolina
“Watch out for mice!”
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I had many excellent stays at this hotel. I was quite surprised to have my coworker frantically knock on my door to come and see what was on her bathroom floor--a dead baby mouse. When reported to the front desk, the lady was prompt in disposing of it and moving my coworker to another room (*next door to mine). About 10pm, I got a phone call as she had found mouse droppings in the BED of the new room! I immediately moved her to my room. The next morning she went to the front desk to speak with the manager so we wouldn't be charged. The female at the desk told her the manager was on vacation and she couldn't do anything for us. When I went to the front desk, I recognized her--she was the manager's wife! I politely explained that we would NOT be paying for a room with an 'uninvited guest' and that they definitely must have a problem with rodents since there were two rooms with evidence, one with a dead baby mouse. She promptly took care of the billing (that she previously had no authority to fix). The owner called me within a few days after I wrote LaQuinta.com. He explained that the mouse had gotten in the back door of the hotel and made his way to the room where he died. I advised that this was highly unlikely, and due to his small size, he probably had siblings and other mice that were not discovered. He argued that they had put poison down and that this was the end of it. He went onto to say that he had always treated me 'special' with free upgrades and bottled water. I reminded him that due to my Elite member status, this is an automatic perk per their website. Once my manager heard the story, this LaQuinta became permanently off limits to our company. We will not stay there again (which is a shame--I used to stay there at least 3-4 times/month).

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
lqcalhounga, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn Calhoun, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last stay.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement and we are sorry for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue of the rodent related problem in the room has been investigated.

We have taken specific pest and rodent control measures so as to see that such an incident never occur in future and along with special training to the hotel staff to offer the finest hospitality.

We hope you will make a note of this and shall choose us once again when you visit our area and see the change.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2010

My wife and I stayed here on our trek to Florida this year on our annual migration to warmer climates. We haul a 35" fifth wheel. When I went on Google earth to check for Big Rig parking, I saw this huge parking lot out behind the hotel. Easy access to I-75 made this look like it was an ideal location. Located 60 miles north of Atlanta made it perfect as we wanted to travel through Atalanta very early in the am. When we arrived we were greeted with warm out-of-the-oven cookies(and not just one). The owner explained about the free continental breakfast. I said we would be long gone by six to which he replied "Would you like me to have some coffee ready by 4 am. Wow!
This hotel is located adjacent to a Cracker Barrel and a Longhorn restaurant. $62./nght. with CAA. This is now part of our migration schedule
Dale and Ruth Muscutt

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jujubegrandma
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2009

This hotel is great. It is located just off I-75 and is convenient to restaurants and shopping. There is a Cracker Barrell within walking distance and an outlet mall less than 1/2 mile.
My room was very spacious, quiet and comfortable. The bathroom is also quiet large and stocked with extra towels. My room had a flat screen TV with many channels to watch, plus a microwave and refrigerator.
The breakfast was very good and displayed so everything was easy to get to.
I was very impressed with the La Quinta Inn in Calhoun, GA.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Greenfield, IN
Reviewed 3 December 2009

We were on our way back to Indiana from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl and did not want to drive all night so we stopped here. We found it in a coupon book that had hotels all over Georgia. It only cost us around $64.00 plus tax for two queen beds. We used the coupon of course. I would definetly stay there again if I am ever down that way. It was very clean and the staff extremely friendly. We walked over to the Cracker Barrel for dinner and that was nice to not have to get back into the car after a 11 hour car ride. The beds were slightly hard but still slept good and did not seem hard to me till I woke up next morning. We were up on the second floor and it was very quiet. But be prepared, no elevator. Not really a big deal.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Realestategirl61
Douglas, GA
Reviewed 2 December 2009

This is my first stay here and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is just off I-75 right behind Cracker Barrel and within throwing distance to a Longhorn Steakhouse. It is a new hotel also. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. Fridge, Microwave, Desk, Flat Screen LCD TV, Coffee Maker, Wireless and wired highspeed DSL, nice bathrooms, nice fixtures, and spacious room. The only negatives to me are the bed is a bit on the firm side and pillows could be softer. The Heater in the room is also super hot and I had to be careful not to turn the room into a sauna. Breakfast is simple yet sufficient with cereal, waffle maker, yogurt, muffins, breads, fruit, and instant grits or oatmeal. This hotel does not have a elevator so if you don't like stairs you better request a room on the bottom floor. I will stay here again, because for the price and the newness it was a good deal, just next time I'll bring a pillow.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Bloomington IN
Reviewed 25 March 2009

We always stay at this hotel when we travel to my parents in Florida. The hotel is not much more than a year old and it shows. Everything is new and very clean. The hotel is basic and very affordable -- about $80 at spring break time, before tax. We get in late and want a clean, quiet place to sleep and this fits the bill. They offer a free breakfast. Everyone on staff is polite... An added bonus for us is that this hotel is completely non-smoking. The hotel is right off the highway.

There are two stories but no elevator. Request downstairs if necessary.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Super 8 Calhoun
Super 8 Calhoun
#1 of 17 in Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dalton
Comfort Inn & Suites Dalton

Been to La Quinta Inn Calhoun? Share your experiences!