La Quinta Inn Calhoun
US$59
US$54
US$176
US$171
All reviewscracker barrelfirst floorroom was cleanking suitetraveling with petsparking lotyogurtstaff was very friendlybreakfast areastay there againbreakfast itemsnext morningfront desk staffup to datelonghorn steakhousescrambled eggsbiscuits
Reviewed 28 December 2010

The beds where comfy, but it happened to be colder than usual in Georgia that night, and the room didn't have any warmer blankets than just two thin ones. The alarm clock was completely broken, and instead of fixing it, the maid just unplugged it and let it be. Then the remote for the TV was a poorly programed universal remote that ONLY changed the channel, it wouldn't turn the TV on or off, or change the volume, or set a sleep timer. The breakfast was great in the morning, though.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marsgoddess22
lqcalhounga, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We have taken steps to check and ensure the overall amenities and cleanliness of the rooms are perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staff have been given the required training.

We are happy that you found the breakfast great and still try to improve it.

We would like to invite you to once again choose the La Quinta during your next visit and have a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

I had many excellent stays at this hotel. I was quite surprised to have my coworker frantically knock on my door to come and see what was on her bathroom floor--a dead baby mouse. When reported to the front desk, the lady was prompt in disposing of it and moving my coworker to another room (*next door to mine). About 10pm, I got a phone call as she had found mouse droppings in the BED of the new room! I immediately moved her to my room. The next morning she went to the front desk to speak with the manager so we wouldn't be charged. The female at the desk told her the manager was on vacation and she couldn't do anything for us. When I went to the front desk, I recognized her--she was the manager's wife! I politely explained that we would NOT be paying for a room with an 'uninvited guest' and that they definitely must have a problem with rodents since there were two rooms with evidence, one with a dead baby mouse. She promptly took care of the billing (that she previously had no authority to fix). The owner called me within a few days after I wrote LaQuinta.com. He explained that the mouse had gotten in the back door of the hotel and made his way to the room where he died. I advised that this was highly unlikely, and due to his small size, he probably had siblings and other mice that were not discovered. He argued that they had put poison down and that this was the end of it. He went onto to say that he had always treated me 'special' with free upgrades and bottled water. I reminded him that due to my Elite member status, this is an automatic perk per their website. Once my manager heard the story, this LaQuinta became permanently off limits to our company. We will not stay there again (which is a shame--I used to stay there at least 3-4 times/month).

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last stay.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement and we are sorry for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue of the rodent related problem in the room has been investigated.

We have taken specific pest and rodent control measures so as to see that such an incident never occur in future and along with special training to the hotel staff to offer the finest hospitality.

We hope you will make a note of this and shall choose us once again when you visit our area and see the change.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 10 January 2010

My wife and I stayed here on our trek to Florida this year on our annual migration to warmer climates. We haul a 35" fifth wheel. When I went on Google earth to check for Big Rig parking, I saw this huge parking lot out behind the hotel. Easy access to I-75 made this look like it was an ideal location. Located 60 miles north of Atlanta made it perfect as we wanted to travel through Atalanta very early in the am. When we arrived we were greeted with warm out-of-the-oven cookies(and not just one). The owner explained about the free continental breakfast. I said we would be long gone by six to which he replied "Would you like me to have some coffee ready by 4 am. Wow!
This hotel is located adjacent to a Cracker Barrel and a Longhorn restaurant. $62./nght. with CAA. This is now part of our migration schedule
Dale and Ruth Muscutt

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jujubegrandma
Reviewed 15 December 2009

This hotel is great. It is located just off I-75 and is convenient to restaurants and shopping. There is a Cracker Barrell within walking distance and an outlet mall less than 1/2 mile.
My room was very spacious, quiet and comfortable. The bathroom is also quiet large and stocked with extra towels. My room had a flat screen TV with many channels to watch, plus a microwave and refrigerator.
The breakfast was very good and displayed so everything was easy to get to.
I was very impressed with the La Quinta Inn in Calhoun, GA.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2009

We were on our way back to Indiana from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl and did not want to drive all night so we stopped here. We found it in a coupon book that had hotels all over Georgia. It only cost us around $64.00 plus tax for two queen beds. We used the coupon of course. I would definetly stay there again if I am ever down that way. It was very clean and the staff extremely friendly. We walked over to the Cracker Barrel for dinner and that was nice to not have to get back into the car after a 11 hour car ride. The beds were slightly hard but still slept good and did not seem hard to me till I woke up next morning. We were up on the second floor and it was very quiet. But be prepared, no elevator. Not really a big deal.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple