“Best Motel 6 I Have Seen”
Review of Motel 6 Canton

Motel 6 Canton
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Conyers, GA
“Best Motel 6 I Have Seen”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at this location last week and based on the room, it looks like it used to be a Microtel, which is probably why this place looks so much better than the usual Motel 6. Don't get me wrong, I use Motel 6 a lot, mostly because the price is normally better than all the other hotels. This one was a good price, but I was shocked when I found this one. It was not old, shabby, needing maintenance (as some I have experienced), it was made out of river rock on the outside and was perfect on the inside. It was within walking distance of several places you can eat at, Wendy's, BoJangles and Buffalo's. The bed was perfect. The tv was new and it was easy to find the channels (and they had a channel list). I did not use the Wifi because I was arriving late and leaving relatively early. There were only two negatives during my stay. The bathroom was not cleaned (a human oversight no doubt) and the next door's bathroom had a squeeky door (which only was an issue in the morning when my neighbors repeatedly went in and out). I am going back next Saturday night, and am expecting my experience to be better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MicrotelCanton, General Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding our Motel 6 in Canton, I wanted to let you know that we are now under new management and your comments are being shared so that we may improve our overall guest satisfaction.

We hope you stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 night.It was in a good location for food and shopping. I even had my dog at no extra cost. The price per night was a great value. Very nice staff. Walmart was next door. Felt like a safe area.

• Stayed September 2013
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I am not usually a Motel 6 fan, but this one was relatively new. We were in town for a funeral and renting several rooms for one night and trying to save some costs on the trip. The staff was very kind and worked with us.

The rooms were a decent size, the room was very clean. The window seat was a big hit with the kids.

There is no frills in this hotel. Meaning no breakfast, no pools etc but it served the purpose for one night.

We stayed on the third floor - I would suggest they do a deep cleaning of the hall carpet as it does have a cigarette smell or possibly move the smoking rooms to that floor.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bjustice
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had to stay at a hotel in Canton due to my new born being in the special care nursery at the local hospital. My husband reserved the room for us before I was there and we didn't check-in until 12:30 am. Walking down the hall you are met with a moldy, cigarette smell. We noticed that there was a single smoking room in a hall full of non smoking rooms which it ended up directly across from ours. When we walked into the room, the smell was even worse. It was too late to get money back and go somewhere else. There were no blankets, you had to ask for the little shampoos (we didn't know they even had them till the next day). They could use better curtains so the lamps outside don't light up your room even with them drawn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Samantha M
I apologize for your most recent experience with our Motel 6 in Canton, we have taken the necessary steps to improve our service and guest satisfaction.

Please give us a try if you are in the area, I want to guarantee you will not be dissappointed.
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

They have Great people and fabulous customer service. They have an extremely clean building along with their rooms. Is in a very convenient location. I have stayed at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Canton atleast 8 times and I have not been dissapointed , not even once.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Atomize C
MicrotelCanton, General Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you Atomize C for your kind words, we are glad that you enjoyed your stays in our cozy rooms with us and left us good feedback, we look forward for you coming to stay with us anytime your in town,
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Although I couldn't find pricing info online, stumbled on it while looking for place to spend 4 days while working in Canton.
Perfect for single, small but well appointed room, cozy, clean. I was probably one of the first folks in it. Good hot water flow, roomy shower. Nice drawers and closet. Quiet HVAC. Granted this place is probably brand new, but it is real nice and I'll stay there again. About $60, one queen bed.
Comfy bed. Nice staff and clean kitchen for continental breakfast.
Wi-fi seemed to go on and off, maybe my laptop?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
MicrotelCanton, General Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Jane J, Thank you for the positive feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward for you staying with us again,
We apologize for our pricing not being online, our reservation system is currently down as of right now however you can call us anytime to book your stay (770-345-8700)
The internet we will be upgrading shortly to a stronger tower so that your computer can have better connectivity to our internet the next time you stay with us... Thank you again for staying at the Microtel Inn & Suites Canton GA.
Lyons, Georgia
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The motel was clean, quiet, has a modest but well-presented, continental breakfast and an excellent staff. They were all very friendly, made area dining suggestions and even stored something for us in their staff refrigerator. They offered to put a small refrigerator in our room for the night but using their refrigerator for a short period worked out fine. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
MicrotelCanton, General Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Dear SSGBFF, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I was delighted to read your review and your very kind comments regarding the staff here, we are more than happy to help you with any of your needs for your stay. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you coming back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Days Inn Canton
Days Inn Canton
#2 of 8 in Canton
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper

Been to Motel 6 Canton? Share your experiences!