“MOTEL H-ll. Keep driving, Don't stop!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Canton

Motel 6 Canton
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Jackson, Georgia
“MOTEL H-ll. Keep driving, Don't stop!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Please DRIVE ON BY, AND DO NOT STOP!!!! Upon arrival no one was at the front desk for check-in. The lobby was being renovated, carpet dirty, ceiling was gone, and walls knocked out. After 15 min. A carpenter, in the lobby, found the ck-in clerk. Ck'd in. Elevator was no better. Hadn't been cleaned in a while. Got to the room on 4th floor. Bathroom: Shower curtain mildewed, mirror not cleaned, Old razor still in shower ledge up top. In the window sill inside , was dead lady bugs. The bed sheets WERE clean. The couch fabric & Chairs looked like they had built a car motor on it. I could go on, But I hope you get an idea on what to expect from this motel. Don't let the outside appearance fool you.

Room Tip: Never, ever had a problem with MOTEL 6 quality until this stay.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear mrandmsmagoo,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the renovations, bathroom cleanliness and furniture condition issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

This my first. review ever. I am so upset that i had to warn others. I had to stay somewhere recently when the temp dropped and our heat was out. Knowing it was going to take a day or two to repair, I tried to find a reasonable price. When this hotel was a MicroTel it was very nice and CLEAN! This hotel is now disgusting. I felt like I was staying in a drug infested squat house. I read an earlier post about finding blood on the toilet, well I had the same situation. Upon entering the room I checked the bathroom. Blood splatters on the toilet and on the wall. I assume this was from drug use. Clumps of hair behind the door where it had not been swept in a long time. I asked to change rooms. I was moved across the hall and it was a little better. But when I woke the next morning I found a USED CONDOM behind the nightstand and mascara on a pillow that thank goodness my son didn't use. But what this did tell me is that the sheets had not been changed. I felt horrible for letting my kids stay there. When we went to leave, no one was at the front desk. And not for a while so we left. I would have never subjected them to this if I hadn't had such a good experience under the previous ownership. Assuming that a hotel couldn't go downhill that fast, I made a wrong choice. This place needs to be held accountable for health and safety issues. The Motel 6 franchise headquarters would be mortified if they saw this place. I get that it is a Motel 6. I didn't expect much. But I know for a fact Motel 6 expects cleanliness. Oh and the wifi... Didn't work. Don't advertise it if you aren't going to have it. Get your crap together. Check behind your cleaning staff and make sure they vacuum, sweep,mop, clean toilets, clean the bathtubs. Clean the hallways and common areas. The restrooms in the lobby were so gross my 10 year old son wouldn't use them.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Sugarbritchesgeorgia
MicrotelCanton, General Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
I want to apologize for your recent experience with our Motel 6 in Canton. We have recently changed over our managment team and I want to assure you that your comments are being shared with the team and we are taking immediate action to rectify the situation.

We want to offer friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable beds while also being the lowest price in town. It is unacceptable for you to experience anything less.

I hope you will give us another try if you are in the area. We will continue to improve and we thank you for your feedback which guides us on what needs our attention immediately.

Travellers are raving about these Canton hotels

Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Each time, on four occassions, the front desk clerk was not at the front desk and I had to wait over 5 minutes, because there is no bell. Most of the time, she was found on her cell phone. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk did not speak very much nor did she welcome me. It was like pulling teeth to get her to smile or say anything at all. She did not seem to enjoy her job. When the manager/owner asked if I needed help, he turned away to get the clerk, but never apologized or even explained that he was going to get help. He didn't seem to enjoy being there, either. Upon check in, I noticed pieces of toilet paper on the floor of the room and bathroom, as well as a dirty toilet and dirty trash can. I asked for it to be cleaned. After it was cleaned, I noticed that the trash can still had soda spill/splash stains on it and the toilet still had a dirty lid and urine stains were still on the outside bottom of the toilet. There were no toilet covers placed on the toilet before or after cleaning to indicate that it was cleaned.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank CajunXpress
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent visit to our Motel 6 in Canton. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will come back and stay again soon.
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We checked in around 8 last night 12-09-13, After no wifi in our first room (which is supposed to be in all rooms) and blood all over the toilet, we asked to change rooms when the woman responded with a scowl and told us to use our computer on the other end of the hallway, (not in our room) when I asked for a different room we were placed at the other end of the hallway. When I opened the door I could hardly catch my breath because of the smoke, ( in a non smoking hall) so finally after our 3rd room switch we got a room rift across the ashtray room which at this point was decent. I understand you get what you pay for but I did not pay for the lady at the front desks attitude or for false advertisement. (No continental breakfast along with no wifi) and not to mention I am pretty sure we were put on the same floor as everyone who had checked in seeing as there was no peace and quiet all night. Won't be staying here again, hopefully this posts seeing as I don't have any wifi in this room!!!

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank A M
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear ashhmorgg, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My sister and I just had a fantastic 3 day get-away of shopping and relaxing with a massage at Beverly Day Spa in Woodstock, GA!! We traveled from Hendersonville, NC to Canton, GA and stayed at the Motel 6 in Canton, GA as they had THE BEST rate and we would be able to stay for two nights:) It is a Motel 6 with NO FRILLS!! But it was great for sleeping and bathroom essentials:) The flat screen wall t.v. was nice also!! We had a couple of maintenance issues on our first morning and all was taken care of by the time we returned for the evening. It is very quiet and convenient, close to lots of shopping and restaurants!! The bed was extremely comfortable. And of course, it was clean!! Up to date decor!! Would go again, for sure!!!

Room Tip: We had a first floor, non-smoking room. NO nicotine smell!! The hotel, I believe has 5 floors with e...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jawga
Thank you for your feedback. I will share with my staff during our next employee meeting as it is always great to get positive comments from our guests.

Please come back and stay with us again soon.
RIDGELAND
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family and my dog the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. the motel was conveniently located next to shopping and and interstate.it was not at all expensive and they did not charge extra for my dog.

• Stayed November 2013
Conyers, GA
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at this location last week and based on the room, it looks like it used to be a Microtel, which is probably why this place looks so much better than the usual Motel 6. Don't get me wrong, I use Motel 6 a lot, mostly because the price is normally better than all the other hotels. This one was a good price, but I was shocked when I found this one. It was not old, shabby, needing maintenance (as some I have experienced), it was made out of river rock on the outside and was perfect on the inside. It was within walking distance of several places you can eat at, Wendy's, BoJangles and Buffalo's. The bed was perfect. The tv was new and it was easy to find the channels (and they had a channel list). I did not use the Wifi because I was arriving late and leaving relatively early. There were only two negatives during my stay. The bathroom was not cleaned (a human oversight no doubt) and the next door's bathroom had a squeeky door (which only was an issue in the morning when my neighbors repeatedly went in and out). I am going back next Saturday night, and am expecting my experience to be better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding our Motel 6 in Canton, I wanted to let you know that we are now under new management and your comments are being shared so that we may improve our overall guest satisfaction.

We hope you stay with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Days Inn Canton
Days Inn Canton
#2 of 8 in Canton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper

Been to Motel 6 Canton? Share your experiences!