“Great customer service!”
Review of Motel 6 Canton

Motel 6 Canton
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The GM Rachel was friendly, helpful and willing to above and beyond to make our stay as pleasant as possible. My family and I were so happy with the overall stay. But the customer service is what would bring me back again!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Single0524
Rachel H, Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We strive on "Making Great Happen" for all of our guests and it is nice to hear positive feedback. Friendly service, clean comfortable rooms and best value is what you will find when you stay with Motel 6. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in Canton again soon!!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This place was terrible. We had stayed there before when it was a Microtel. We come back a year later for the same basketball tournament and it is now a Motel 6. The outside looked good, but when you walk in it goes downhill. The staff is rude and not helpful. My dad had reserved two rooms, one for he and my mom and one for my wife, two sons and myself through bookit.com. When we got there they did not have our reservations in fact they didn't have any of the 6 reservations that our team made through bookit. I called bookit(who were very helpful) they called the Motel 6 while I was on hold. The staff member was so rude talking to bookit, but did give us our room for the guaranteed price. We finally get in our rooms 419 and 421. Our room 419 smelled like an ashtray. In fact there were two ashtrays in our room, partially cleaned. Beside the ashtrays was a sign that said no smoking. The beds were awful. My wife and oldest son had to go next door to sleep with my parents because the smoke smell was burning their nose and causing my son to be stopped up. My parents room 421 was ok. We had it reserved for two nights but ran down as fast as we could and canceled the next night. We moved to the Hampton Inn in Canton which was awesome. Crazy that a motel can change so drastically in a year. When it was a Microtel it was very good, now that it is a Motel 6 I wouldn't let my worse enemy stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MicrotelCanton, Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

I want to apologize for the events that occurred from the beginning during your stay with Motel 6 Canton. It is unacceptable that the front office clerk was rude and I want you to know I am following up to ensure this doesn't happen again.

We are in the process of converting our upper floor to smoking to avoid issues with smokers using non-smoking rooms regardless of our policy. I am very sorry about your experience with us and wanted to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback as it will help our new management team with action plans to improve our overall guest satisfaction.

Motel 6 Canton - GM

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Antoinette at the front desk acts as if a gun is being held to her head to work there. This is not what I expect when I come to the front desk to check in. We get to our room which is a king. We didn't even walk all the way in because of the smoke smell…while the room sported a big NON SMOKING ROOM sign on the nightstand. Once again, back to Antoinette. I might as well have been pulling her teeth without anesthetics, judging by how she acted when we asked for another room. Keep in mind that we had made reservations way ahead of time for our king room. She sends us, two grown adults and a large dog, to a room with a FULL size bed. At least it didn't smell like smoke. I go into the bathroom and there was hair on the sink, vanity, toilet, floor and shower. At this point, we were beyond exhausted and I just wanted a good night's rest before our eventful day the next morning. The beds were okay. Not many TV channels but who can complain at $35 per night? No breakfast. Once again, you get what you pay for. We chose this place because they don't charge for pets. It is right in front of Wal Mart and near plenty of shopping and restaurants if you need anything. I would stay again if we had to. I gave it 3 stars instead of my normal 5 for hotel stays because of Antoinette and the hair. The super thin towels…go ahead and order more. 2 towels per person will get the job done. I have worked in the hotel industry and know what is accepted and what isn't, which is why I reviewed this place as simply okay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WoTideWo
MicrotelCanton, General Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel 6 here in Canton, Georgia. I want to apologize for Antoniette's behavior and let you know this is not acceptable and I will follow up on this issue immediately.

We must have customer service as a top priority. Yes we have a low rate however that should not reflect in our friendly service nor the cleanliness of our guestrooms and bathrooms.

Thank you for your feedback as it will help me improve on these areas to better serve the customer. Please do stop by if you are in the area and let us show you how we have made it better!!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

HORRIBLE place to stay. The people are rude, the rooms are messy and if it takes housekeeping longer than 20 min to clean your room they charge you. Don't look for any anemities other than crappy internet, crappy satellite (barely counts as basic cable), and if you offend anyone on staff (which you can do by breathing and smiling), you can count on "billing" issues with your room. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Cops have made a few trips in since we've been here and don't bother trying to get peaceful sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I want to take the time to apologize to your for the experience you had during your stay with our Motel 6 in Canton. We have recently had a changeover in upper management and I assure you that the staff service is no longer unacceptable.

As for the billing issues we have worked out a few kinks which were causing some issues with our guest billing system but again no excuse for dealing with this as a guest whatsoever.

Thanks for your feedback and I will defintely share with my staff. This helps us discuss ways to improve and take action. If you give us another chance in the future, I would like to personally guarantee that we will not disappoint you.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We got a good price and we only needed a room to sleep in. Staff was nice and alowed a late check out. One thing I would want is a breakfast so one can easily hit the road without making stops. We drove to Chattanooga from here an hour drive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I will defintely share with my staff during our next meeting and we appreciate you taking the time to give us postive feedback.

As a Motel 6 we don't offer a breakfast so we can in turn offer the lowest price compared to other hotels in our area. I do apologize for this as I understand how convenient it is to wake up grab breakfast and get on the road. We hope you will stay again soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Please DRIVE ON BY, AND DO NOT STOP!!!! Upon arrival no one was at the front desk for check-in. The lobby was being renovated, carpet dirty, ceiling was gone, and walls knocked out. After 15 min. A carpenter, in the lobby, found the ck-in clerk. Ck'd in. Elevator was no better. Hadn't been cleaned in a while. Got to the room on 4th floor. Bathroom: Shower curtain mildewed, mirror not cleaned, Old razor still in shower ledge up top. In the window sill inside , was dead lady bugs. The bed sheets WERE clean. The couch fabric & Chairs looked like they had built a car motor on it. I could go on, But I hope you get an idea on what to expect from this motel. Don't let the outside appearance fool you.

Room Tip: Never, ever had a problem with MOTEL 6 quality until this stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear mrandmsmagoo,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the renovations, bathroom cleanliness and furniture condition issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

This my first. review ever. I am so upset that i had to warn others. I had to stay somewhere recently when the temp dropped and our heat was out. Knowing it was going to take a day or two to repair, I tried to find a reasonable price. When this hotel was a MicroTel it was very nice and CLEAN! This hotel is now disgusting. I felt like I was staying in a drug infested squat house. I read an earlier post about finding blood on the toilet, well I had the same situation. Upon entering the room I checked the bathroom. Blood splatters on the toilet and on the wall. I assume this was from drug use. Clumps of hair behind the door where it had not been swept in a long time. I asked to change rooms. I was moved across the hall and it was a little better. But when I woke the next morning I found a USED CONDOM behind the nightstand and mascara on a pillow that thank goodness my son didn't use. But what this did tell me is that the sheets had not been changed. I felt horrible for letting my kids stay there. When we went to leave, no one was at the front desk. And not for a while so we left. I would have never subjected them to this if I hadn't had such a good experience under the previous ownership. Assuming that a hotel couldn't go downhill that fast, I made a wrong choice. This place needs to be held accountable for health and safety issues. The Motel 6 franchise headquarters would be mortified if they saw this place. I get that it is a Motel 6. I didn't expect much. But I know for a fact Motel 6 expects cleanliness. Oh and the wifi... Didn't work. Don't advertise it if you aren't going to have it. Get your crap together. Check behind your cleaning staff and make sure they vacuum, sweep,mop, clean toilets, clean the bathtubs. Clean the hallways and common areas. The restrooms in the lobby were so gross my 10 year old son wouldn't use them.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sugarbritchesgeorgia

I want to apologize for your recent experience with our Motel 6 in Canton. We have recently changed over our managment team and I want to assure you that your comments are being shared with the team and we are taking immediate action to rectify the situation.

We want to offer friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable beds while also being the lowest price in town. It is unacceptable for you to experience anything less.

I hope you will give us another try if you are in the area. We will continue to improve and we thank you for your feedback which guides us on what needs our attention immediately.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Days Inn Canton
Days Inn Canton
#2 of 8 in Canton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Motel 6 Canton? Share your experiences!