“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Canton
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The hotel was clean and staff was very helpful. I enjoyed my stay in Canton and would return to this hotel again. I would refer this hotel to my friends and family.
The location was not as convenient to the interstate as I had hoped.

Room Tip: There was not a restaurant in the hotel but many places to eat close by.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Traci P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canton, GA.

We are so happy that you were pleased with the cleanliness and helpfullness of the staff at our hotel! We strive to create a wonderful enviroment for all of our guests and make it a personal goal to meet all of yor needs.

Thank you so much for choosing us, and we can't wait to have you stay again in the future!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I do recommend this hotel. It has basic characteristics that I look for in an overnight stop, namely clean room, very comfortable bedding, hot breakfast bar, and usable fitness center. The value was sensational. I got this hotel with Priority Club points and additionally it was on a special they call Point Breaks so it cost me about half the points I might expect to pay. But you have to know there were a couple of things about this hotel that were truly strange. To start, every time one of us used our room key to enter the fitness center, the key stopped working on the door to our room! When we went to the front desk to have it fixed, we were told it was “our fault.” One time, my wife was getting her key fixed when there were 3-4 people at the front desk with the same problem all being told it was “their fault.” One of the desk clerks said to me, “I guess that key just doesn’t like you,” hardly what I would consider southern hospitality, and just a little humiliating. At the breakfast bar, the pancake machine didn’t work, which left the kids a little disappointed. The odd part was no one seemed to care. The person in charge of stocking the food just laughed it off, saying there was something wrong with the electrical outlet, while the three other employees, including the guy who looked like he was in charge, did nothing. No one even tried to run an extension chord from another outlet. Finally, the indoor pool was unusable. I didn’t ask, but it looked liked the filter was broken because the water looked more like a science experiment than a pool and there was no soap in the lobby men’s room which is creepy when it's the bathroom closest to the breakfast bar. But like I said, if you’re looking for good value within striking distance of Atlanta for an overnight, at least you get a clean room and a hot meal, and on that basis I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Greg R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Greg R,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are truly sorry to hear of your disappointments regarding your experience at our hotel and regret we did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our services continually.

Again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 February 2013

As other Holiday Inn express, this hotel provided consistent quality. I enjoyed staying here last week for a business trip. The breakfat is not as good as the other holiday inn express but it is adaquate. The staff is friendly and the room service is superior

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We visited friends for Christmas, and chose this hotel because we usually have a great stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. They didn't disappoint. Greeted as the last check-ins, the front desk clerks gave us a warm welcome. There were no noise issues, but then, being Christmas, there were few guests. No hotel has much, in the way of sound-proofing, so I attribute any undue noise, to inconsiderate lodgers. The man who checked in right before us, didn't return the TWO luggage carts to the lobby, and took up two parking spaces.

We got checked out a day early, but that was an easy fix. The room was well set and clean, but I'm not loving the HIE's new vessel sinks --they must be a hassle for the housekeepers to clean.

Kate S., in her review, mentioned the mold around the tub. We had that, too, as someone on their maintenence staff things caulking fixes everything. He did not remove the mold, first --just caulked over it. Also, we reported that our toilet was loose, as a courtesy, and they are aware of the problem. It's being fixed, in several rooms. I don't blame the hotel, I blame the contractor/plumber. Still, it's not enough to make me give a bad review, overall.

This property is located a minute's walk from Cracker Barrel, and just a couple blocks from shopping and other good restaurants. We recommend "Johnny's New York Pizza", if you're in the mood. They don't deliver, but it's worth the short drive. I'll review it, under "Restaurants".

The only caveat, is that you should be cautious using GPS to get here. It's wrong, and will lead you to a "do not enter" street, just shy of the I-515 overpass, so be aware of that.

We thought this was an excellent value. With an applied discount, our rate was $84 for the extra space of a king suite. Breakfast was ample, staff was friendly, and room was clean. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask to be away from elevators, gym, and pool. Got kids? Ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My grandson, who lives in Canton, refers to this Holiday Inn as "grandma's house", because this is where I stay when visiting them. This Holiday Inn is newly pet-friendly, and has a huge, traffic-free area behind the building for pets to walk. The indoor heated pool provided hours of family fun, and the daily breakfast, easily a "10", consisted of hot cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage gravy, biscuits, fruit, juices, scrambled eggs, etc. Room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Staff....perfect! I love this place!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I have stayed here 5 or 6 times this year to visit my fiance during weekends. The first 3 or 4 stays were great, no problems whatsoever. Starting in September 2012, there must have been new management and some new staff members, because my bills were being charged to the wrong card, or they would check my room out to another person with the same last name, then charge me twice when I check-out. That's just management.

The rooms are what you pay for; I wouldn't stay here for anything over $75 a night. The showers are okay, the important thing is that the hotel has hot water. The rooms tend to be moister than normal, I am not sure why. One more thing to make sure of is that you are not next to noisy people. The walls are thin, and if people like their TV loud, or like partying, you are in for a bad night. Breakfasts are so-so, as in there is minimal selection, but it isn't bad. Anywho, I enjoyed the good stays I had. I may consider coming here again when better management is in place.

Another note, when a certain contracting company has their workers stay there, they like to drink outside and just lean on whatever car is close to them.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Paul D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is most disappointing to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you for staying with us, and and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I reserved a "suite" over the Thanksgiving holiday. Two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. My husband and I and our teenage daughter stayed in the room. My son decided to stay with his cousins. The room was very noisy. We could clearly hear the TV from the room next to us and the exercise machines whirring in the gym on the other side. The beds were quite soft so every time my husband turned over it woke me up. There was a coffee maker, refrigerator and enough basic amenities to qualify as acceptable. I didn't get a sense of complete cleanliness -- the caulk in the shower was moldy and there were stains on the sofa bed. The breakfast was fairly good -- scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, etc. It was fine for a visit to the family for the holidays, but I might take a look at the nearby Best Western next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Canton, GA
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 8 in Canton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Canton? Share your experiences!