“We visit almost weekly!”
Review of Yoon Sushi

Yoon Sushi
Ranked #19 of 183 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. Great sushi and great service. The owners know us by name and have suggested several items for us to try. We are never disappointed!

2  Thank Nancy K

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited Yoon last evening, and we were pleasantly surprised. We ordered two specialty rolls and veggie fried rice. Everything was absolutely fantastic!! We will definitely be going back, seeing as this great little gem is close to home.

2  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Oh Joy! Sushi again - my favorite treat, and usually my budget dictates that I have to satisfy my sushi jones with the stuff they call sushi from Kroger - and while it is good and fresh there, it's NOTHING like real sushi. But today, I was treating myself - to Yoon!

Yoon, however, is EXACTLY like real sushi, because it IS real sushi. On to my dinner!

I was greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant. The host gave me the choice of where to sit as it was not so busy early on a Tuesday night, so I chose the sushi bar, ordered a Sapporo beer, and cruised the menu while I waited for my drink.

When my beer arrived, I ordered the Chef's Sushi Combination, at $19.95. I would have ordered an appetizer since I was hungry, but sometimes sitting at the sushi bar, the chef gives you some sushi tapas - little plates with a single piece of an interesting piece of fish, or some rice with shaved bonito to munch on while he made my sushi, and this restaurant was no exception. I tasted many things along with my delicious beer, and after only ten minutes, my Sushi special arrived in front of me.

It was lovely - there were 12 pieces of California Roll and Spicy Tuna Roll - 6 of each, and there was 6 Salmon Nigiri, 6 Tuna Nigiri, 6 Yellowtail, and 6 Cod, with plenty of pickled ginger and wasabi.

The fish was fresh - no signs of ever having been frozen - and the rice was perfect and delicious. Though the size of the rolls and nigiri pieces are a little smaller than what you find at other Japanese restarants in the city, the freshness is evident in everything,

I ordered an additional 2 pieces of Ikura (salmon roe), and that was the end of my sushi. I had a dish of green tea ice cream for dessert, and left with my belly full, and my wallet only slightly lightened. The total was just under $30 including tax and tip.

I will definitely return there, and if you like fresh sushi served by really friendly people, I recommend that you go there too! See you at Yoon!

2  Thank giaimo13
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Of, first thing first. DO NOT LISTEN TO YELP! The previous owners (who were terrible) are constantly on there blasting the new owners (who are flat out incredible!)
Now I will get off my high horse and continue my review.

My wife is a recently converted sushi lover.
This is the ONLY place that we go when we get that craving. Which is often!
Our oldest son LOVES the 007 roll (or James Bond roll)
My youngest son loves EVERYTHING here. (so do I)
Most of the time, we just ask Brad (the owner/chef/ARTIST) to make us something new. He NEVER disappoints. EVERYTHING that I have had here is fantastic.

Enough about the food.

The welcoming staff and environment are both awesome. Stacy is the kindest woman you will meet and she always makes everyone feel like family.

Trust me, if you like authentic sushi, you OWE it to yourself to check this place out.

Flat Out Fantastic.
I would give them TEN stars if that was an option.

Tell them Chad sent you!

3  Thank Chad H
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Chef Brad is incredible! He is a master at the art of sushi making :). He and his wife make your dining experience a night to remember. He will also make unique creations that are not on the menu when time allows...wink wink. Go!

3  Thank Aimee0423

Been to Yoon Sushi? Share your experiences!