“Best Mexican Around”

La Salsa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 159 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Awesome food. The chips and salsa are the best I have had. Never a bad meal here. All menu items are authentic mexican!!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

First off, I LOVE La Salsa! Unlike half of Carrollton, I never saw anything special about the other Mexican restaurants in town ( The Border and Lazy Donkey to name the more popular ones). I've been going to La Salsa for the past 5 or so years and I love this place! The food is consistently fresh and delicious, wait staff is friendly and fast, and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.

My husband and I are regulars there, and it is refreshing to see the wait staff relatively unchanged, which speaks volumes about the owners. You can tell that these people are happy to come to work, and it adds to the laid back atmosphere. It is also nice that the wait staff recognizes us, and goes out of their way to always say hello even if we are not sitting in their section!

We usually don't go out to eat more than 1-2 times a week, but it is not uncommon for us to spend all of our "going out" dinners on La Salsa! No regrets there.

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

I love Mexican food and LA salsa is the best in town. My wife hates Mexican food but I can actually get her to go here. Food is always delicious.

1  Thank Tyrober
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Based solely on Trip Advisor reviews my hubby and I chose to eat Sunday lunch at La Salsa. I say that because there is absolutely nothing about this establishment that would draw you in. It is in a nondescript, really rather unkept building. We drove by, thinking they weren't open but saw a few people eating on the patio and returned.
Inside was as dowdy as the exterior but we decided to stay and give the food a try. We requested to eat on the patio to enjoy the spring sunshine.

I will say up front that the service here was really excellent. Wait staff was pleasant, offered suggestions about the menu (limited English here but that is ok), and were very prompt in keeping drinks, salsa etc. filled.That is the highest compliment I can pay this place. If this is, as most reviews state, the best Mexican in Carrollton, then I feel sorry for that town.

The patio featured an outdoor fireplace and it was filled with burned wood, ashes, etc. Our table was near that and the smell was not pleasant. Most puzzling was a pile of broken and jagged boards and pieces of wood and kindling that was piled up just outside the fence (for the fireplace we assumed). That was an eyesore in itself. This space could be so improved with just a good cleaning, a few plants, etc., and would be a very pleasant place to eat.

Let me address the reason we came...the food. Admittedly we ordered basic dishes but shouldn't that be done well in a place touted for it's good Mexican food? It was just basic food.
The Nachos Supreme was a plate of chips, queso cheese, ground beef, more cheese, sour cream, guac, tomatoes. Husband said it was good but not outstanding. I chose the chicken enchilada with beans and rice. This was very very basic and rather bland. There were literally, two drops of cheese melted over the beans and the rice was....well, rice. The enchilada itself was in a flour tortilla and was on the small side. The chicken was tasty but again, nothing special. Sauce was minimal and there was no pico or any other bit of topping to improve the appearance.
We did notice another couple with shrimp cocktails and they looked good. The same couple ordered churros for dessert and they also looked good.
If we return we would be a little more adventurous with our choices but if basic and classic dishes aren't outstanding what is the point?
I doubt the folks running this place are reading Trip Advisor reviews so I wouldn't expect any changes.
Bottom line is...very good service, very basic food and very unappealing surroundings. Not a winner in our book.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I love this place. Took my daughter to share a fajitas plate and ceviche - and as always - they are accommodating of our requests. My daughter doesn't like loads of cilantro, so, they put it on the side for me since their ceviche is made to order. I can't eat corn so they bring us both flour and corn tortillas. Our cups never go below 1/4 full and we are always checked on to be sure everything is ok. The final check took a bit of time this go around (to take my credit card), but, for this kind of incredible food and service, I don't mind when this is the first time ever I've noticed they were a bit off their game. The restaurant was packed and there seemed to be a few new people (probably learning and a little afraid to go in to another table for cash/check out). Keep up the great work - of course we'll be back!

The only thing that made me sad this trip - La Salsa was no longer on restaurant dot com as a choice of places to use one of my coupons for. I only happened to find them months ago because they were on the website - I hope they come back!

1  Thank Haole88