“Food okay to good, service nice but really really slow”
Review of Samba Loca

Samba Loca
Ranked #7 of 150 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food okay to good, service nice but really really slow”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Came on a Sunday for lunch. Place was basically deserted - perhaps two other tables occupied. Yelp had a 5% check in discount.

Generally the service was kind but lacking and extremely slow. We waited forever for our food - must have been close to 40 minutes. They apparently had a booming night the day before and were out of first choice for many of our family. We were disappointed that they didn't have the fun little Brazilian rolls you get at other Brazilian places.

Good food: Little Chicken Thigh (coxinha) is tasty and clever. Beef Stroganoff was the best we've had anywhere and would definitely get again. Fettuccine sauce was good. Plantains were moist and flavorful.

Bad food: We thought the kabobs were really average and dry. Chicken in our pasta dish was really off - they said it might be the marinade. Sweet potato puffs were horribly disappointing - seems like they came from a bag in the frozen food section at Sam's.

We would give them another chance but not before we check out other options in Carrollton first.

• Visited May 2014

“Excellent food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants to go to in Carrollton. The only problem is it can be expensive, so I may limit my going there, but the food is really excellent.

Visited May 2014
Carrollton, Georgia
“above average food, price too high”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The food is very good here but I found the prices too high. I ate here for lunch, and found a good value sandwich that was very good but my choices based on that criteria was limited.

Visited September 2013
Gimenezfl, Owner at Samba Loca, responded to this review, 29 November 2014
Thank you for your business, I'm glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you back soon! Please come vivid our new and improved location
west central Georgia
“Very enjoyable first visit!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I tried Samba Loca for dinner when we were in the area visiting relatives. This was our first visit to a Brazilian style restaurant, and we both enjoyed it. We ordered an appetizer of little chicken thighs--don't know how to describe the dish, but I could have eaten many more. We both ordered soup--lobster bisque for him; black bean soup for me. Again, we both enjoyed the soups. For entrees, we had grilled chicken with Dijon mustard sauce (me) and krazy kabobs (him). Good food! I brought half of mine home for lunch the next day. We split a dessert of flan which was thicker than and not as creamy as we have had at other restaurants. It was fine, though, just a different texture. All in all, we enjoyed Samba Loca. The servers were all attentive without constantly checking on us. The owner was out helping wherever she could. I would like to try their lunch menu another time when we are back in the area.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Frugal-Teacher
Gimenezfl, Owner at Samba Loca, responded to this review, 29 November 2014
Thank you for your business, I'm glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you back soon! Please come back and check out our new and improved location.
Carrollton, Georgia
“Great discovery here in Carrollton GA”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stumbled upon Samba Loca because the place we wanted to go to was closed. I was very happy we did, food was absolutely fabulous, really loved the fried yuca & sweet potato puffs to go with my black bean soup & rice!! My son had his usual steak which came out pretty good! Very good atmosphere too!

Visited October 2013