“Disgusting!”

Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The Room smelt of mold! I went to use the coffee machine and when i opened up the unit it had an old coffee bag full of mold. The Clock radio didn't work. The window opens but doesn't have screens and room was infested by bugs when i got back. The staff is loud in the morning not considerate of people working late shifts and wanting ro sleep in.
I travel the world on business and this has been by far my worst experience ever!
It is suited for teenage partiers (Many of them here my entire stay.

Room Tip: Any Room is a bad choice!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank 47GlobeTrotter
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your dissatisfaction.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

All the staff were nice and the breakfast was very good. The hotel on the outside has been updated, but when you walk in you realize the same is not so for the inside. Very disappointing. It was clean, but the interior needs to be completely renovated. Exterior doors were never locked and that does include after 12 AM.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Stacey J
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Management at the Holiday Inn Express, Carrollton would like to thank you for you feedback. We take all guest feedback seriously and your concerns are important to us. Again thank your feedback.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Not a good stay...The room was not very clean and the shower had mold on the base of walls and the air conditioning was not clean. The hotel needs updating.

Room Tip: nothing i can really think of.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Mike F

Management appreciates all guests feedback. Your voice has been heard and we are making efforts to improve our hotel. Without receiving feedback we would not be able to make changes. Again thank your for you feedback.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here in December of 2010 for my graduation. It is conveniently located near the WGA campus. We were impressed with how helpful and accommodating the staff members were. We came downstairs for a quick breakfast...very tasty and filling! The beds were REALLY comfortable, and we slept well. Nice and clean. :) Overall, a great budget location.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the breakfast. It's quick and convenient!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We have family in the Carrollton area and stay at the HIE when visiting. This last trip we noticed that this location is showing signs of wear and tear and neglect. I am a Platinum Priority Rewards member so I know what to expect at HIE. The shower had mold at the base of the walls at the top of the tub due to poor or bad caulking. Room was not as clean as it should have been.

Room Tip: If I remember correctly this was room 210
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank msmintn
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The hotel was confortable, what you would expect, but nothing spectacular. Continental breakfast was good. Hotel is clean and staff in friendly.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ezClaude
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I stopped in at 10:15 pm without a reservation during my son's college orientation. I wanted to book my room with my priority club points, however, the guy at the front desk could not check me in using my points, so he directed me around the corner to use their internet in order for me to book my room. I promptly booked my room and was checked in and in my room by 10:30. Boy, what a pleasant surprise? This room reminded me of the Holiday Inn Express Historic District on Bay Street in Savannah! Very Nice, Very Clean! The room and the bathroom were immaculate. I had a good nights sleep, and got up the next morning and went down for the complimentary breakfast before I headed back to the College. Two employees were working the breakfast area, and both of them greeted me, and were very pleasant, and both were busy at work keeping the breakfast area clean and well stocked. I then went to check out, and had yet again a very pleasant employee to help me. My recent stay at this Holiday Inn Express was a refreshing change! It was nice to have such pleasant employees, as well as a nice clean safe place to spend the night. I will always stay at this location while visiting my son in college!

Room Tip: I stayed up on the 4th floor, very quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank wrcjr98
925ashleym, Manager at Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

We did have an odor that has been corrected. We have fixed the side door to maintain our safe security. I am so sorry that you had a problem with you air unit we will correct the a/c problems. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing so we can correct these problems for you and returning guest.