“So not worth the price.”

Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had to stay here for one night while visiting family in the area. The front desk staff were very friendly. The breakfast was good and the person tending the buffet was very nice. But that's where the positives end. The hotel is old and in need of repairs. There were holes with poor repair work on the walls in our room, dark marks and stains, cracked caulk in the bathroom, dinged and dirty floor boards. Plus the room smelled incredibly musty. The bed was hard and uncomfortable, the pillows lumpy and small. The air conditioner was insanely noisy and the switches were broken off making it difficult to change the settings. This room wasn't worth half what we paid. Stay elsewhere if you can. I know there aren't many options in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mnicks99
925ashleym, Manager at Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

I am sorry about you recent stay at our hotel. Se are renovating our rooms so these type of things do not happen in the future. We hope that you will stop by and give us another try someday!

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation over the phone when in route to Carrollton. I had business there or I would have kept going. Rooms where average. Breakfast normal for holiday inn express.
But, my issue was when I called I specifically asked if the had laundry facility on the property. I canceled my reservation at the Hampton next door just because they said they didn't have laundry facility. Needless to say they HIE didn't have it. They sent me to the downtown area to this armpit of a laundry mat called the wash bowl. Nasty dirty place. Don't go there!!!!
The desk clerk did feel bad and gave me like $5 off my room rate, but I specifically asked how the laundry mat was, and he said it was a nice one. Yuk!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank BusinessTraveler046
925ashleym, Manager at Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

I'm sorry about the miscommunication. I hope the rest of your stay was great.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Check in/out was great a lady named Tonya was polite and cheery assured us if we needed anything to let her know....room was spotless not even a smudge on the mirror they take ALOT OF PRIDE IN THEIR SERVICE!!! Housekeeping was great taking consideration that people could've been still sleeping!! NEVER STAYING AT ANOTHER HOTEL BUT HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves on great service. I hope you stay again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a tough review because I really enjoyed the staff, but they are the only thing that offsets a poorly maintained property. Even one of the front desk commented "a lot of things are broken around here" and he was right. There are 4 pieces of equipment in the fitness center and 2 are broken. There is no Purell or sanitary wipes to help keep it clean. The doors are NOT locked so entry is easy for anyone, guest or not. The ice machine on the 3rd floor was broken the entire time I stayed there. There is a "cover up" fragrance in the hallways. And the beds are due for a refurb! Still, the staff are friendly, as helpful as they can be and just nice. Mostly they are local folks and/or students at the nearby university. The pool is nice, but needs some attention to get the bugs out. The free breakfast is ho-hum, not terribly healthy, but probably par for the course. The housekeeping staff was helpful and does a good job keeping the rooms clean.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hallway are quieter. One of the rooms has a very low sink, almost like a ha...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Judy O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Judy O,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the fitness center and the ice maker. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed at this property this past weekend. While we know it's been there for a while, the property itself was well-kept and bright. Rooms very clean, as were the bathrooms. Furniture was fine. Time to replace the mattresses and add some charging abilities (plugs) between the beds!
I MUST say the food prep (breakfast) area was not only immaculate (GREAT pancake machine by the way), the food was very good and the attention to detail during food service was impeccable! VERY IMPRESSED!'

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
925ashleym, Manager at Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for choosing us we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

The room was wonderful and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful during my stay. The breakfast was great the pancake machine was wonderful! The staff help me find the skating rink for my child to have something to do. I wish all of my hotel experience could be like this. I will be back every year!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay we do enjoy our guest. I'm glad we could help you find something fun to do with your children.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

The Room smelt of mold! I went to use the coffee machine and when i opened up the unit it had an old coffee bag full of mold. The Clock radio didn't work. The window opens but doesn't have screens and room was infested by bugs when i got back. The staff is loud in the morning not considerate of people working late shifts and wanting ro sleep in.
I travel the world on business and this has been by far my worst experience ever!
It is suited for teenage partiers (Many of them here my entire stay.

Room Tip: Any Room is a bad choice!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank 47GlobeTrotter
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carrollton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your dissatisfaction.