“The smell drew me in”

Ranked #30 of 150 Restaurants in Carrollton
Huntsville, AL
“The smell drew me in”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stopped by a gas station in Carrolton on our way home from the Banning Mills Zip Lines (awesome experience by the way) to grab a snack. When I got out of the car the smell of fried chicken was in the air, I tried to resist because we had diner plans for later that night, but after I smelled that smell I just could not find anything worth eating in that gas station. To make a long story short, I walked across the parking lot to a little hole in the wall restaurant called Big Chics (the source of the aroma) and was treated to some of the best fried chicken I have ever had. I do not live cloes by, but anytime I find myself driving along highway 20 west of Atlanta with some time on my hands I will make it a point to treat myself to Big Chics and you should too. Be careful if you are using google maps to get directions, they have the wrong location marked for Big Chics.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank UANeal

Carrollton, GA
“Best chicken in town, in a little hole-in-the-wall”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is a tiny place inside a tiny strip mall beside a gas station. If you aren't from this area and you are looking for a small local spot with fantastic fried chicken, this is the only place to go!

The pieces of chicken are about half the size of what you would find at a chain restaurant, but they are seasoned and cooked perfectly. Just the right amount of crispiness, extra juicy, no huge breasts that look like poultry on steroids. The side items are your basic roadside grease-joint fare, but man this chicken is the best I've ever had!!

• Visited August 2011
“Some good FRIED chicken”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Bought a 9 piece meal. The buns are plain white bread and not worth your time. The fries are good but man the chicken is great. Really good chicken.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank HairyBear26
Atlanta
“Best Chicken In Town”
Reviewed 2 August 2008

Love their chicken, I usually eat way too much. Not for the diet type. But if you crave Fried Chicken this is where to go. Window ordering.

1 Thank MEBEME