“Management needs to learn customer service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cartersville
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
SW GA
“Management needs to learn customer service”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a family reunion. We normally stay at the hampton Inn, but it's being remodeled. My wife went to check in and they wouldn't let her because her name was not on the credit card, even though I was in the car full of kids. My wife was rather smartly told that's our policy. From there things got worse as they didn't have our second room, which is guaranteed after 3pm and it was 430pm. No explanation nor apology was given. Our second room wasn't available until 630 with no discount given etc. In fact we were lied to and treated very poorly. We told that we were lucky have a room. We had to call the corporate office and complain, where we were told sorry for the problem, yes rooms are guaranteed etc. Later that evening we watch an individual wall without reservations get a room and told they had plenty. Please keep in mind the staff and front desk that was there Saturday was different and very friendly. But being the most expensive hotel in Cartersville, priced like the Hilton Garden Inn but not as nice makes this a poor choice. My wife and I have stayed at the Renaissance in Atlanta and at the Loews both full service hotels and paid less per room than the Fairfield. In fact the last time my wife stayed at the Renaissance she was treated to a complimentary bottle of wine and breakfast. Lastly it should be notes that room was beat up. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I would be hard pressed to spend 160 per night when you can stay elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank junderw66
Debra J, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cartersville, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
The management and staff at the Fairfield Inns & Suites in Cartersville, GA endeavors to exceed each guests expectations on every visit. Unfortunately for this guest, we fell short in exceeding those expectations.

As a matter of financial security, all guests checking in are required to be identified as the individual presenting a credit or debit card as a manner of payment for their stay. We take very seriously our guests' financial security. Regretfully, this policy did cause some inconvenience for this guest.

The Fairfield Inns & Suites in Cartersville, GA does not guarantee all rooms will be ready to check in upon arrival. However, pursuant to the Fairfield Promise, we gaurantee to provide a room that is clean, fresh, and reflects the highest quality standards in the hospitality industry. On occassion, delivering on that promise takes extra time. Once again, we did not meet the guest's expectation of having their room ready upon arrival.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stockholm, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Room was very comfortable and common areas clean and well maintained. The staff was outstanding. Very friendly and very helpful. We will definitely stay here when we are in Cartersville or the Atlanta area. Thanks for making a very hectic weekend less stressful!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Monthey, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this location for 7 nights last week. Hotel is very clean, with indoor pool and of course, free breakfast, free internet and free parking.

We was in an "Executive room" with a small couch and sofa on the 4th floor. Room was clean and big enough. We wasn't far from the elevator but didn't ear anything during nights.

Now, just a few small issues:

Would love to get more towels, (at least 4, cause 3 is just not good!).
Fix your wifi! Internet using cable works just fine, but with all the tablets now, you need to get a better wifi signal and speed.
You need to go to room 415 and fix the shower asap!

Would I stay again? SURE! Everyone was just friendly and nice during all the stay. Location is TOP, 30 sec from the 75 and 2 min to center Cartersville and shops.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The staff is so friendly and helpful. I showed up without a reservation during the regional gymnastics championships which made every hotel full during this time. No reservation due to a screwup by Hotels.com and Hampton Inn but the Fairfield staff went out of their way to make sure I got a room and didn't have to move. The beds are incredibly comfortable and everything is nice as well as clean. I would want to stay here every time I am in town. The staff were like family. I hope I can always get a room here.

Room Tip: There isn't any room service. I had a room facing the front of the hotel as well as sharing two...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I paid in advance with an online third party. When I checked in, instead of taking my credit card # as a secure form against charges, they automatically charged $20 to my card. They said they would credit me in 5-7 days. Well, if you travel a lot, keeping track of these charges being credited back is too much to keep track of. This is a policy I DO NOT agree with. Will not stay with this hotel chain again

• Stayed April 2014
Debra J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cartersville, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I truly understand your frustration will our policy inregards to incidential charges on a pre paid reservation or paid reservation. It is a policy that most hotels follow and one that we can not change. Unfortunely the five to seven business days is the allotted time that the banks gives to release the funds back into your account. This happens to me when I travel as well unless i pay cash at check in.
E. St. Louie
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a good place as Marriot's usually are. Uber clean. Nice room. Great staff.
Breakfast was okay but management should have warned cook about the crowd. She was overwhelmed. Ran out of milk with a hotel full of kids traveling with parents.

Room Tip: Get an odd number room for less traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kalamazoo
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

What can I say? Perfect for a Fairfield Inn.

Comfortable. Convenient. Colorful.
Big rooms. Hot breakfast.

Not a five star compared with say a Ritz. So this is a different scale. However, really really strong Fairfield. And the price! We stayed for $109 for the King Suite.

Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cartersville
Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville
#1 of 23 in Cartersville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville
Hampton Inn Emerson LakePoint
Mainstay Suites Cartersville - Emerson Lake Point

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cartersville? Share your experiences!