“My Favorite Local Barbecue place”

Scott's Walk-up Bar-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 172 Restaurants in Cartersville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This is my go-to barbecue place! The meat is amazing and cooked to perfection! The Brunswick stew can't be beat and the $5 lunch plate creates a line out the door! The best sweet tea around! For a weekend special, the "Burnt' Ends" are not to be missed!!!! My favorite sauce by Scott's is the North Carolina vinegar sauce--and it is the closest I've had since moving to Georgia (21 years ago!) I was so happy when I found this gem! I buy the bottles to take home and it isn't unusual for our family to order a couple of pounds for a meal! It's THAT good!!! The owner and staff are super friendly and work hard putting out top notch foods!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I really love this place my husband and I go here quit often for lunch! The staff is super nice there like family and the FOOD IS DELICIOUS

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Walked in , smelled the great BBQ & made my mouth water. I had the pulled pork sandwich & my friend had the brisket. We both thought they were the best BBQ we have had. Scott himself was there & came over & sat down to chat with us awhile. We heard more about the place & Scott even told me of a good place he had tried in Oregon to get good BBQ. So happy we went to Scott's Walk Up. We told everyone we met not to miss this place next time you are in Cartersville, GA!

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We've been enjoying Scott's Walk-up Bar-B-Q for lunch since shortly after he opened the doors. It got so we'd ask ourselves if it was wrong to eat Barbeque EVERY day but we never found any good reason not to. We finally did try to find other places to go but we rarely miss Fridays brisket day. If I haven't had pulled pork all week it's hard to make up my mind if I want to miss the pork or the brisket. There's a sampler plate that can help there. The sides are all just right and the collards are some of the best around. One things for sure, Scott will fill you up, if one plate doesn't do it he'll be happy to sell you another. Just be careful, it's habit forming.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

We finally went by here when they were open and ordered a dinner to go. First off the smoked meats are very good. Prices are where they should be and I can see why this place stays very busy.