“Great Hotel and Wonderful Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville

Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Lindale, Georgia
“Great Hotel and Wonderful Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

My husband and I have been to this hotel for an overnight stay about 6-8 times. We usually go early on a Saturday and spend the day going for lunch at Longhorns which is in walking distance of the hotel and then hang out by their wonderful salt water indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. The rooms are always very clean and I would suggest the upgraded jacuzzi room which is a wonderful addition. The staff here are very, very friendly and accomodating. We will usually eat dinner at the hotel and sit in the lounge and watch a game on the flat screen TV's. We have met some wonderful people that were passing through Cartersville when sitting in the lounge. I believe this property is big with the traveling business class. We have been told that they are very crowded on weekdays but the weekends are always pretty empty. My only complaint I have after this visit is the dinner menu. The bartender told us that it was recently changed, which we noticed, and the selection now is very limited and the prices have been increased. A ny strip steak is $30.00! I am originally from NYC and even over there, this would be kind of pricey!! Other than that, the hot breakfast is wonderful and at $8.99 is worth every penny. We will usually get the bed and breakfast deal which increases the price of the room about $12.00. This is a really good deal if you are travelling with a child since they are included in the price for breakfast also. All in all, it's always a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paragirl61
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us again. It's always a privilege to serve our repeat guests. Recently, we did make a change to our dinner menu and we decided to include a Certified Angus Beef New York Strip on our dinner menu. Our beef cut is a cut above USDA Prime and Choice and can be found no-where else in Cartersville. While a little more expensive than a cut at a traditional chain restaurant, our 16oz selection is a great choice for dinner.

Thank you for coming back to stay with us again and for letting us know about your stay. Let me know next time you are in town and I will show you the best of our hospitality.

Josh Morey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I were driving from Cincinnati, OH to Florida and needed to stop along the way. I looked up this hotel on TripAdvisor and saw the great reviews so we decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did! The hotel is beautiful, and we decided to upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi, which I highly recommend. There is nothing better than soaking in a jacuzzi tub after being in the car for several hours.
Al at the front desk was extremely nice and very helpful. Even the woman (I'm sorry I didn't catch her name) which checked us out in the morning was very nice.
Another note to the trip - we had stopped in Cartersville because we wanted to visit the Etowah Indian Mounds. It's a really cool part of history - if you are ever in the area please check it out!

Room Tip: Get a room with a jacuzzi!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seashell41
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay. Those jacuzzi suites are a personal favorite of mine. In our pantry ,by the front desk, we have half bottles of Kendall Jackson wines and half bottles of champagne that can assist in making those rooms a little more relaxing.

Thank you again, and hope to see you back.

Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Stayed one night on our way to Florida. Exceptional property in a very nice area. The gentleman who checked us in was friendly and humorous. The room was VERY clean. The bedding and towels were top notch. The common areas were great. The hotel had a Christmasy scent throughout - not sure what it was, a combination of spices? Whatever it was it was a pleasant scent. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackie60363
Thank you for sharing some feedback about your stay, and for being with us in December. We are happy to have shared the season with you and look forward to seeing you again.

Safe journey,

St. Marys, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Beautiful property, great service, however, walls are too thin between guest rooms. Stayed 2 nights at this property, was unable to sleep - woke to the sound of guest snoring in the room next to mine. Could also hear them talking! Not sure if I would revisit this property again. The bed was very uncomfortable also.

Room Tip: try and choose a room that's secluded as much as possible
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cheryl s
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I booked a business meeting of a dozen rooms at this relatively new and gleaming HGI. The sales staff was first rate and sold us on their property. Unfortunately, the front desk experience and the evening's in-property dining did not live up to expectations. The hotel's physical plant is lovely--no complaints as to the room, amenities, or maintenance. Front desk staff bungled check-in badly and restaurant (our folks had no personal transportation so were prisoners of the in-house dining) was abysmal. No wait staff, 90-minute wait for simple orders, out of some menu items, and when food arrived it was inedible. Complaints to manager politely received but no apologies and seemingly little concerned. Maybe we caught them on a bad day but our experience was sufficiently horrible as to dissuade us from ever using them again. There are other options in the neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
It was a pleasure to host your event and have an opportunity to speak with you at breakfast the next day. Your feedback is a valuable tool for us to improve our processes. I'm working with our team to fine tune our group check-in methods and look for ways to improve our dining experience.

Safe travels,

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I travel alot and was on my way back from Florida and was dead tired so I pulled into the Hilton Garden Inn all I can say is awesome in every way known from the front desk,to th rooms, But I want to give a special shout out to Chef Todd it was late and I was tired of the same old things to eat so he took the time to come out and speak with me and he asked me what I would like and he will out of his way to make me something special and it tasted awesome like I said I travel alot and most cooks are chefs dont go out of there way to please they are like order of the menu but I just want The Hilton Garden Inn and people traveling go in this is a great place and if Chef Todd is there asked him he will make whatever you like thank you for hiring great people

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us and for posting some comments about Todd. Todd spoke to me this morning when he saw your review.
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was, your comments mean a lot to us.

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed for one night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cartersville, GA while driving back to Kentucky from a recent trip to Orlando, Florida. We were already familiar with Hilton Garden Inn hotels from having stayed for several days a week for many months at the excellent Hilton Garden Inn in the Perrysburg suburb of Toledo, Ohio.
What I really like about the two Hilton Garden Inn hotels is that the guests are primarily business travelers. There are no large, noisy, school groups full of boisterous adolescents. The hotels are quiet.
This Hilton Garden Inn in Cartersville was about 2 miles from the exit off of I-75. It was relatively easy to get to at night. Parking was not a problem.
The hotel appears new and beautiful. The hallways, rooms, dining area, etc., were beautiful.
The staff were very pleasant.
We would be happy to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cartersville, GA if our travels bring us out this way again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Thank you for staying with us recently. That drive on I-75 can be interesting and we are roughly half way to Orlando. As you said, it's always nice to stay at a clean and quiet hotel. Next time your journeys take you our way, just let me know.

Joshua Morey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cartersville
Hampton Inn Cartersville
Hampton Inn Cartersville
#1 of 23 in Cartersville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cartersville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville
Hampton Inn Emerson LakePoint
Mainstay Suites Cartersville - Emerson Lake Point
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn & Suites

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville? Share your experiences!