“Not a good choice”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Not a good choice”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hotel ran out of towels, had unfriendly front desk staff, internet worked only intermittently. Very small rooms in an older hotel that is expensive for the quality. I would not recommended this hotel. The pool was nice though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
abvicartersville, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear valued guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during you previous stay. We have notified staff of the problems you experienced and are working hard to make improvements.

Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Milton, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We arrived later in the evening and hungry. There were no restaurants open nearby, only one at another hotel and it closed at 7. Had to drive a few miles into Cartersville, to find a place to eat. Otherwise, we enjoyed the place and had no real complaints.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,

We greatly appreciate your review of our hotel. We hope that you choose to stay with us the next time you visit the area.

Ohio
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night. Got in late. Had to wake up the desk clerk. She was very fast and efficient. Room was clean. The train noise was loud. I had read reviews and expected it. Our room had no shampoo. Had to unload the car to get ours. Not fun and cold! Breakfast was old and unimpressive. Stale white bread and congealed grape jelly. Settled for Quaker Oats. Satisfied. Not a "deluxe" breakfast. Price a little high for all that.

Stayed January 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I would not suggest staying at this location. Upon my checking in, the front desk staff were not friendly or helpful in any way! As a hotel manager, I would be embarrassed if my staff were to act in such a manner. It felt as if it was an inconvenience for them to check their guests in. I noticed that it was not only myself who felt this way as the people checking in before me had made a similar comment. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank shellsworthp
Dear valued guest,

We have notified the staff of the issue you encountered. Our front desk staff will go through additional training to ensure that this issue does not occur again.

Brighton, Colorado
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

We pulled in and found the party lot was a little scarce for customers, that should have been our first clue. We got to our handicap accessible room and the musty odor was terrible. I proceeded to take a shower, it was a roll in shower, and found no shower curtain or anything to stop the water from running all over the floor getting everything soaked. It was freezing! I found someone elses hair all over the bathroom floor, it was black and I have red. The carpet needed to be at the very least vacuumed. The room had been updated but was in desperate need of repairs. The bathroom faucet, the ceiling, the lampshades, and the electrical outlets. As for the quietness of the hotel, we asked the clerk if it was quiet she said "absolutely". She was mistaken, there was a train that blew its horn every 2 hours and the road traffic with trucks was crazy. There isn't really anything else at that exit (food) except a gas station and a souvenir stand. We didn't
stay for breakfast because we were on the road early. My advice, keep driving and find a different place.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cruzzer08
Dear valued guest,

We apologize for the problems you had during your stay. Our maintenance department has been notified and are trying to make sure the room is in top shape for our guests stay.

Ardmore, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I usually stay at Choice Hotels, so I used my wonderful App for Android to find the closest one to where I was working that week. It picked up this hotel. I made reservations for one night for a preliminary project meeting. Good thing it was for only one night. I have Verizon and there wasn't any signal at all. When I tried to use the internet it came up that the Security Certificate was expired. I went up to the front and the Lady behind the counter said that I must be mistaken because everything is fine. I couldn't even use my MiFi because of no Cellular Signal. I went down for Breakfast at 6:00 AM and the doors were locked and the lights were out. No Door Bell or anything. I had to stand in the Foyer for 10 minutes before the SAME lady came out to ask me what I wanted. I just told her I wanted to check out. She said it would have to wait because she was preparing breakfast. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! Do Not Stay Here!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Don P
Dear valued guest,

We apologize for the issues you had during your previous stay. Our front desk staff has been notified of the issue and as a result are going through further training to ensure that this issues doesn't come up again.

Thank,

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were in the area for a family wedding. This was a good value with clean rooms. The hotel is right off the exit which is very convenient and is close to restaurants, shopping and activities. We made use of the reception area in the lobby to visit with other family members. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RossR66
Dear valued guest,

We greatly appreciate the review of our hotel. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.