“Great Hotel and Greater Blessings”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cartersville
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Rome, Ga
“Great Hotel and Greater Blessings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Our ladies church group stayed at this hotel from 1-3March, 2012 to attend the Fresh Manna Woman's Conference at The Church at Liberty Square. We arrived after 10pm on the first night because we went straight to the conference. Our room had 2 queen beds for 4 women but it was great. The only complaint I had was that there were not enough pillows-only 1 apiece. We did have to ask for more towels-again only 4 for 4 women but there was no problem in getting them. The buffet breakfast in the morning consisted of seceral cold cerals, oatmeal, waffles, biscuits and gravy, sunny side up eggs-which were not runny at all! There was also apple juice, orange juice and peach citrus juice blend which was interesting. Also, assorted breads and bagels. There was also toppings for the oatmeal including chocolate chips, brown sugar and cranberries. There was scrambled eggs on Saturday morning along with breakfast potatoes that was not on the previous day's breakfast
There was a pool and hot tub but we didn't utilize it because I was the only one who brought a bathing suit and there were repair men from Direct TV staying there and I didn't feel comfortable being in a mixed group. But it did look inviting. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank willandmarla
CartersvilleGM, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cartersville, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank You so much for your wonderful review!! I have shared your kind words about our desk staff to them and they all are very grateful and would love to host you again! If you are ever in the Cartersville area again come on by!!!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint Charles, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I try to always stay at Country Inn and Suites but this one has made me rethink. I wish I had read these reviews because I experienced all the same things. Dirty rooms, TV with fuzzy picture, noisy, people running in room above and that crazy tapping in the wall that didn't stop. Beds were lumpy. Sadly, no one on the staff seemed to care. Ugh

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Klink1000
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry for all the issues you had at the hotel. Please call me directly at 770-386-5888 so we can address all that went wrong during your stay. I would love to be able to host you again, and look forward to being able to assist you! Yours In Hospitality,

Director of Sales
Chicagoland, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at this Country Inn and Suites on a return trip from an extended stay in Florida. We had found a coupon book at a Gas Station south of Atlanta with a $65.00 a night coupon deal for this hotel and thought we'd check it out. The hotel is easy to find off of I75. When we arrived we were given a nice suite with two beds and a seperate sitting area. The room was very clean. I will say the hotel is a little out dated and probably a good candidate in the future for a nice remodel. It wasn't anything bad, keep in mind, but when compared to some of the newer hotels with granite and flat panel lcd tvs, this particular hotel showed it's age with it's decor.

For the price however, I was very happy with the room and as long as it's clean and safe and everything works well we're happy (even without the fancy flat panel tv.) I do have to say the water pressure in the shower was the best we'd had in our 2+ weeks of traveling. I am guessing that it's probably because this hotel is a few years old and hasn't been retrofitted with those lousy water saver shower heads.

There were some close by restuarants closer into Cartersville. The breakfast here was good. They kept filling up the hot food trays even though it was close to the time breakfast was over. Nice hot fresh eggs and sausage. The Citrus Peach cocktail was great too! Very pleased with the breakfast.

Overall, I would definately consider another stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Cartersville. The staff was friendly and helpful, we got a good night's sleep, saved some $$ and left in the morning with full stomachs. Can't beat that!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sgtdisney
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Country Inn and Suites in Calhoun, GA and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again and to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

The employees were friendly and very helpful. Our room was clean and well equipped. The bed was very comfortable and even though we knew other guests were nearby we never heard any noise from the hall or other rooms. The hot tub and pool area was clean with plenty of seating and the water was very refreshing. We had a very nice stay and will choose this location again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenk98
CartersvilleGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cartersville, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Jenk98",

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will agree with you and say we do have a great front desk staff! And we would love to host you again if you are ever in Cartersville!!

Thanks again,

general manager
Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

I guess changes must have been made from the previous reviews. I found the hotel room to be very clean. I was traveling with 2 of my grandchildren and they loved it. We were staying for the night and visiting the Tellus Museum and Red Top Mountain. Breakfast was delicious and both kids loved the indoor pool. I used a coupon I got at a travel center so saved a lot on the room as well on breakfast. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I don't know about that, we stayed on the 3rd floor so no one above us.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank memawgriffin
Dear "memawgriffin"

Thank you so much for the praising review! We would love to have you stay with us again if you are ever up in our area again!

Thanks,

general Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

First bad review I think I have ever written. When I made my reservation I requested and was promised two cribs for my grandchildren. Upon arrival I ask if they were in the room. I was told "probably not, let me see, we usually don't read the request." Then she went to the back room, came out with a "pack and play" and said they only have one available and handed it to me. Um, let's see a one year old and a two year old sleep in that. That's Not happening. That night the hotel was not very occupied but oh was it noisy. The bedroom part was quieter but the living room area with the pull out couch was very noisy. Next day we left the hotel at 11 AM and returned around 5 PM to find our room had not been cleaned and the maids were gone for the day. The first suggestion the front desk clerk had was, no problem just transfer to a different room. I said No, with two kids under two years of age we have too much stuff to pack and move. So again the front desk attendant went to the back room, came out and handed me a hand full of clean towels and said "just throw your dirty towels in the hall and I will get them later." So I did along with the trash right beside my door. Of course all of it was still there the next morning. When I pulled out the sleeper sofa it was filty underneath with food and trash. The TV in the living room kept losing it sound and the ref. froze everthing solid. When I completed the survey the hotel had sent to me, I received an e-mail back that said "Thanks for the feedback we will try to do better next time." Do they really believe that statement would help me feel better about my recent stay and assure that I would be a repeat customer. I think a Customer Service Seminar is needed sooner than later!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelfun2102
Dear "travelfun2102",

I am so sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I would love the chance to talk about all that happened with you stay. Please feel free to give me a call at 770-386-5888.

Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed here one night; the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. We needed just a place to crash for the night, since were driving home to Iowa from Florida.

I thought it was a decent value. It was around $80 for the night, and we had a suite. Two queen sized beds in the bedroom, and a fold-out couch in the living room. There were two TV's, a min-fridge, and microwave. The bathroom had a shower/bath and large vanity area. It was bigger than many of the motel/hotel bathrooms we've encountered on our family road trips. The suite was clean; I didn't notice anything the other reviewers mentioned.

We swam for a bit before going to bed. The pool area was small, but there was just one other family in there, so not a big deal. It could become an issue if many people were in the pool area at the same time. There was also a hot tub, and a few (very few--maybe three) little tables situated around the pool.

We ate the complimentary breakfast, which was pretty decent. French toast, eggs, muffins, make-your-own waffles, cereals, juice, coffee, things like that. The breakfast area was decent sized, so you didn't have to fight for a place to sit like at some places.

My one complaint--and this is something the hotel staff would have no control over--is that around 10:00 p.m. the people in the room above us apparently had kids jumping around up there (or at least that's what it sounded like). The ceiling in our room was shaking each time they jumped, and it was so loud when my kids were trying to fall asleep. We didn't call management, and after fifteen minutes or so it quit.

I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to other people, based on our experiences.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kren250
Dear "kren250",

Thank you so much for giving us the honor to host you! I am so glad to hear you had a great stay with us and thank you so much for the great review. If your travels bring you back to Cartersville, GA please come stay with us again!