“None compare” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Farmland, Indiana
“None compare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Began my checkin only to realize I had errored in making my reservation in advance. Clerk checked reservation and informed me I was a noshow for the prior evening. I appoligized for my error and requested a suite for the night. Super got a better location than I ever expected.
What a relief. There's more, and it's all good. But enough said for now. This establishment exceeds in ever way.

Room Tip: I've not found an unpleasant room here
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CartersvilleGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cartersville, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were traveling through Ga on our way to Columbus to Ft. Benning to see our son graduate basic training and AIT when we got stranded on the interstate d/t the storm that stopped Atlanta. We needed to get off the interstate and couldn't travel further d/t to the abandoned cars and Semi trucks. We were one of the lucky ones that could actually drive off the interstate d/t 4 wheel drive and living up north. I'm somewhat picky when it comes to Hotels, especially since i didn't have time to research it. We found a room available on Expedia and booked it. We got lucky since all the hotels were being booked up d/t the storm and stranded motorists. The front desk was very helpful and upgraded us to a suite. Now bear in mind a suite in this type of hotel is just an extra sitting area with couch and tv, but it came in handy because our 12 year old daughter was with us and was able to watch her own tv. It was a double bed room, and had a mini fridge and microwave. The room was clean but the bedding was dated. we usually stay at hotels that have upgraded to duvets and premium bedding. Location was good because it was off the interstate, but there weren't any restaurants nearby. There was a McDonald's and gas station across the street. It did have an indoor pool and hot tub, these areas to needed updating. The breakfast buffet was adequate but was unfortunately cold. I won't fault the hotel because we did leave early and they had just set up. Overall the stay was adequate. We weren't there for a pleasure so my views may be different. It was a comparable hotel to others in the area. On a side note, they do allow dogs, and that was the one turn off I had. there were 2 women in the lobby area with numerous noisy dogs.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay while seeking relief from the snow. We look forward to your next stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here on a Carlson reward when we needed a room in Cartersville on short notice. The fact that this hotel allowed our dogs without an additional fee was quite appealing and means it will be again on the list any time we have to visit the area in the future. For the record, there were several other dogs there and we never would have known.

The decor is a bit dated, but everything was quite clean. I think the decor is more of a branding/chain property issue than one from the individual hotel. They're working to update everything, though. Breakfast is your typical mid-level freebie with waffles, canned fruit cocktail, eggs, roasted potatoes, fruits, juices, muffins, cereals, etc. Nothing too exciting, but saves a meal out elsewhere.

The staff was entirely friendly, our room was comfortable, and we enjoyed the stay. It's close to the freeway, with plenty of fast food nearby, and just a quick 4.5 miles to downtown Cartersville.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were very happy to stay here. Our small pet was welcomed at no charge and we were able to be put in a nonsmoking room. It was obviously a room where other pets had stayed and the carpet was a bit chewed up and the room could use a few other updates. However, it was nice, clean and roomy. Just a little creakiness on the ceiling from others above us, but otherwise quiet. The breakfast contained many items to choose from, including real oatmeal, yogurt with toppings, eggs, canadian bacon and potatoes. They also provided waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, etc. A nice variety. They also have an indoor pool here and a nice workout room.

Room Tip: Top floor! There is an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I had a perfectly fine stay at this property in spite of the reviews I found. I thought the staff was very friendly and check-in and check-out super easy. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint was that both the pillow and walls were very thin. Breakfast was great - eggs, bacon, hash browns, cereal, oatmeal and make your own waffles. The primary reason we choose the Country Inn & Suites was because of the indoor pool. It was small, but our kids loved it. I wish the hot tub had been hot instead of warm. I'd stay here again if I needed a hotel in Cartersville.

Fairborn, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I don't normally review hotel rooms but this was not a good experience. We had to ask for channel listing for the TV. Internet connectivity was poor especially in the morning. There were lady bug type bugs in the room and cobwebs in the corners. When we went down for the complimentary breakfast, there were no eggs. I had to look for the worker and when I found her she was on her cell phone. Another guest had to ask for butter. Dishes were piled up on top of the trash cans. Other items were not kept stocked as well. When we added our dishes to the stack I saw the worker on her cell phone again. There was no one at the front desk when we went to breakfast, left to go back to our room after breakfast and when we left. Definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CartersvilleGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cartersville, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast and the issues in your room. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
lexington, ky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I booked my hotel room through one of the discount hotel internet booking companies, and I think this made all the difference in the quality of room that I was assigned. Half of the rooms on the third floor of this hotel are smoking, the others are not. Even though I was given a non-smoking room, the stale, gross, disgusting, nasty, cigarette smoke permeated everything. I immediately requested another room, and was told that the only other room available would also be on the third floor. After one miserable night; I went through half a box of tissues, I finally fell asleep and was woken by the noise of the people leaving the next morning, because the room they put me in was the closest to the elevator.

Room Tip: Avoid the Third Floor if you are a non-smoker, or are allergic to cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. It is very unfortunate that we were unable to move your room to another area of the hotel do to being so busy. Feel free in the future to call ahead and make any special requests(non-smoking floor) ahead of arrival. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.