“Wasn't our first choice”

Days Inn Cartersville
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were on the road all day and got caught in some awful traffic heading to Nashville. We were needing to get off the road and were also traveling with our dog, so our options were limited. We were thankful to find a room, but if I had known then what I know now, I would have tried a little harder to find somewhere else to stay. The double beds were too small for us so it made for an uncomfortable night of sleep. The shower head kept falling off, and the hot water would come and go, so the shower was uncomfortable, too. The walls were paper thin, so we were able to hear the TVs in the neighboring rooms, as well as all the conversations outside. And room had lingering odors in it, cigarette smoke, pets, etc. Even the tissues smelled of bug spray. Since we were paying with cash, we had to prepay otherwise we would have had to cash out by 6:00 am. We didn't bother staying for breakfast. There are several restaurants close by, even a Shoney's right next door.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DICartersville, General Manager at Days Inn Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Schafer,
Thank you for reviewing Days Inn Cartersville,GA.
I am glad that you got an accomodation with your lovely pet on that busy night and at the same time I am really very sorry that room was not up to the mark for you.We will try our best to update each area that you brought in our attention and hope to see you once again with your first choice.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were traveling home from Florida driving in the rain all day, which turned to snow, and then to sleet. We pulled off the Interstate and registered at the hotel, glad to be off the road. It wasn't the best , but it wasn't the worse. The room smelled of bug spray, even the tissues. Breakfast was basically bread, bagels, coffee, and juice. In need of an update and some color to brighten the rooms...but it was a roof over our heads!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing our property.
We will keep in mind all the things that you suggested us and hope to see you once again with all new update.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

First thing I noticed when going to my room is how small the parking lot was. I went into my room and to my surprise my room was nasty and outdated. It was late so we decided to stay. We woke up early and went to leave and I noticed a white scrape mark across my front driver side bumper. I went directly to the office and talked to the manager. I was informed that there were no cameras onsite, so now I am paying for my bumper and paint on my new truck and all I did was choose the wrong hotel to stay in. I called days inn 1800 number and reported the incident. They led me to believe they would do something. 2 days later I received an email saying I was SOL. Do not stay in this nasty, trashy place. Motel 6 is just down the road with better rates and rooms aren't much better but at least reasonably priced

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kelly n
DICartersville, General Manager at Days Inn Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Mr.Kelly,
Thank you for reviewing and bringing the attention of need of security camera at our property.
Till date Days Inn Cartersville had not any bad incidenence so management didn't fill that property need camera.But now we will need it because nobody can claim that his/her vehicle is damaged at property after so many of checked out and come back from road without any incidential report file by law.
Again thank you and we will sure have Security Camera to avoid and justify any negative experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DICartersville, General Manager at Days Inn Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed one night and it was just OK. I thought the tub was kind of gross. Looked like there was a mat at one time and then it was just pulled out. Left a dark stain. Not very clean. Walls had old stained wallpaper on them and when I looked next to the bed, it looked like no one had vacuumed for a while. I did like the coffee in the room. And beds were comfortable. But just needs some updating and a good cleaning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
DICartersville, General Manager at Days Inn Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing your experience during the stay at Days Inn,
I am very sorry that it was not up to the mark.
Once again thank you and I would like to see you in future with updated and clean accomodation.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband & I stayed one night here, the night of the "snowstorm" in Atlanta. We had left Florida that morning on our way to Kentucky. After being stuck in gridlock for 8 hours, cold, tired, miserable, & desperate to find a room basically anywhere nearby, I called 6 or 7 places looking for a room. Finally, I had luck with the Days Inn. The manager waited for us to check in- a kindness since it was almost 10 p.m.

The room was quite nice. Everything worked well; it was clean & comfortable. We had about the best night's sleep you could ask for. The room was a good size & had 2 full beds, tv, fridge, microwave. The shower was awesome, had plenty of hot water.

The only real downers: the location seemed kinda sketchy. We carried in our essential lugage & didn't leave the room after that 'til morning. It wasn't a deal-breaker or anything, but it's noteworthy. Also, the breakfast in the morning- nothing to write home about. The breakfast nook was very very small, so we could hardly get in there to look at our choices in the first place. When we did, there wasn't a lot there. Well, we just got some juice & coffee...and went across the road to Cracker Barrel haha.

This place was what we needed: a clean bed, a clean shower, a place to GET OFF THE HIGHWAY. The price was a little high for what we got, but oh well. If we're in the area again, I'll probably check elsewhere before coming here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DICartersville, General Manager at Days Inn Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear guest ,
Thank you for writing your experience at Days Inn Cartersville.
And I am sorry that I was not able to accomodate you in the front side as I was sold out and your was the last room that I holded for you.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying at Days Inn Cartersville and hope to see you once again with all discounts tiers open so you can get some good deal.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

To begin, the night entrance was difficult to find and the clock in the room had a buzzing that I had to turn off when I arrived. Otherwise, the hotel was adequate.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DICartersville, General Manager at Days Inn Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Mr.John

Thank you for choosing Days Inn for your recent stay in Cartersville,GA.We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write your comments as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your survey and we hope to see you again soon at Days Inn Cartersville,GA.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cartersville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#21 of 23 in Cartersville
Hampton Inn Emerson LakePoint

Been to Days Inn Cartersville? Share your experiences!