“Good people/motel could use some work”

Motel 6 Cartersville
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Upon arrival, the front desk receptionist was very nice. During our visit, the staff was wonderful and accomidated us in every way. As far as the room/motel its self, well not impressed. It was clean when we walked in but the air hadn't been turned on in a while and the room had a very strong smell of mold. We had to turn on the air and leave for a little while to get the smell out. The second night my son found a roach in the bathroom. We were in a non smoking room but the bed clothes had burn holes in them. (We brought our own sheets and covers, glad we did). The room was very small but we made it work. As far as the DOG policy, it was wonderful. Our dogs stayed free and no one had a problem with them being there. (We have a Mastiff and a mutt that travel with us) We are on a budget so the price was very good but if we were not on such a tight budget this time, I would stay else where. Our stay was 5 nights.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room near the front if you have dogs, you have to walk them in the front yard inf...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed in cartersville for work. Decided to try motel 6. I was very impressed, room was recently ungraded, very clean, at a pretty good location. New lcd tv's, fresh paint, and comfortable bed. I will be returning to this motel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank RichM7272
Reviewed 16 April 2013

It's been recently remodeled, so has the hardwood floors, microwave and fridge, and new TV.

It was late so I decided to pick a hotel north of Atlanta instead of waiting until I hit town to find one. Fortunately I grabbed this room at Motel 6 Cartersville. The rate for a Tuesday evening was just 41.99, which included tax!

Water pressure was good, shower was good, everything seemed clean. The fact that I saved probably at least $10 from what I would have had to pay around the Atlanta loop, and the cleanliness made this a very good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jason d
Reviewed 27 December 2012

At first glance from the outside, I could tell it was like any other Motel 6. Foreign people are in charge here, so you get that stinch as soon as you walk in the office. They gave me a price that was $8.00 more than the price given to me over the phone. I did this purposely b'c some folks believe it or not change their prices once they see who you are. So I called them out on it, they couldn't argue about it b'c I was very forward with the information given to me on the phone, so they let me get the room for the lesser quoted price of $42.99 plus tax for two people. With free internet I felt it was a good price since a lot of Motel 6's still charge $2.99 plus tax per day for internet. The room was obviously updated in most areas: flat screen tv, funky but neat looking sink, and part of the wall was painted a bright orange color to match the decor. I checked out the room as I always do(mattresses for bugs, toilet for stains, adequate toiletries, making sure all things work.) Lo and behold I see a dead roach in the fridge. I immediately told the manager and he put me in a different room 3 doors down. So I knew I still might be in trouble with the roaches. I checked out this room and found a dead one behind a table. But I brushed it off b'c it was 35 degrees outside and me and two dogs were freezing. So I hoped I didn't have any more in my room but as soon as the heat got cranked up to my desired warmness, I see two alive roaches, but I mananged to kill them both. Hopefully that sent off a signal to the other ones that may want to wander in my room. I hate roaches to the core. They're disgusting and leaves germs. So imagine the heat flaming up in my face when I called the front desk to ask for some spray and they tell me and I quote, "Roaches are gonna get in from time to time, but we get our exterminator guy to spray on a monthly basis religiously and there's nothing more we can do about it." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Of course there's more they can do about it. Maybe they could get a better exterminator guy. Maybe the exterminator guy needs a stronger product. Maybe they can give me some sort of refund. I could go on, but ya'll should get the point by now. I even asked can they reimburse me if I bought some spray myself and they said no. Overall, if you're gonna stay here, make sure you bring your bug spray. Unless they fix the roach problem they keep denying they have, this is the last time me and my friends are staying here. You can clean all day, but it's still nasty to see live roaches crawling eveywhere leaving germs. Looks can be deceiving....

Room Tip: Avoid the backside of the motel. You can hear the entire highway and there's roaches in this bui...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank crystal02241983
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Very clean well maintained room. Plenty of hot water in the shower. Good water pressure. Beds were a little too firm but that is a minor complaint. Staff was very nice. All in all, a good, reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I've stayed at a number of Motel 6s and this one was ok but not great for this chain. Room had some unfinished repair work on it (spackling, etc). Staff were fine. Bed, shower, etc were ok too. It's right off the I75, so it's not hard to find. Arby's is nearby as well as gas stations. Chose to stay here as it's north of Atlanta to avoid the traffic, but Atlanta isn't too far away. Ok for the weary traveler looking for a night's stay. It is on the cheaper side of hotels in terms of cost per night, so I really did appreciate that. I believe it has a workout room, which is unusual for a motel 6.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

This is about the 3rd time I've stayed here on my way to Florida. Don't stop in Dalton drive the xtra miles to a clean room, pets stay free,open pool and extremely nice people who obviously care about this place! Arbys is right next door.

• Stayed: August 2012