“Pleasant 4 days/nights in Cartersville, GA”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Visalia, California
“Pleasant 4 days/nights in Cartersville, GA”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here while attending a conference at the Tellus Museum which is right next door and very convenient. The room was very clean and well maintained for the 4 days we spent there. Rates were very reasonable but we never took advantage of the free breakfasts as we went to a favorite Waffle House right next to the hotel. Would definately stay here again and would recommend to others. Only con is there's no elevator to the 2nd floor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Paoli
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Not what I we expected of a Holiday inn. Price was okay. Just not what I had seen in other Holiday INNS. The guest desk offered cookies and nothing more. The rooms were clean and i felt pretty comfortable sleeping except for the train that went by two or three times a night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jasper, GA
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stay at this Holiday Inn at least once a year, most recently from 8/7/2013 to 8/10/2013, and have always had consistently good experiences. The facility is not new but is very well maintained, the staff is friendly and helpful, and room service from A.J.'s restaurant is always great. On my visit in August, I was greeted as an IHG Rewards Club member at check-in with freshly-baked cookies, a bag of chips, and a bottle of water. My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable...and the housekeeping service was excellent. This was another very nice stay at this Holiday Inn location, and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There's no elevator (as far as I could tell) in this two-story hotel, so if stairs are an issue...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Im giving 5 stars based purely on the breakfast area. Served on real plates they have a full spread; biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausag, bacon, fruit, waffles, pastries, non-sweet breads, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, milk, cereal so on. It was the most impressive breakfast I've ever seen in a hotel. The building itself clearly is older but not in disrepair. Our room smelled a little funny but I attributed it to whatever cleaners they use. Beds were comfortable with soft and firm pillows. When we checked in we were given a room with two double beds, and when we asked to move to a king we were able to with no hassle or upcharge and the clerks were friendly/helpful I'd stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013
Gold Coast
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Arrived in the USA on 23rd July to pick up my new Harley Davidson from Cartersville Harley Davidson, found the Holiday Inn conveniently placed right across the road, although the establishment is a bit older and the bathroom/toilet is smaller than a closet the staff were very friendly and the price was good for a much needed sleep after a long day of flying from Australia...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were headed back to FL and needed a place to stay just for the night. I read the reviews of this hotel on my tripadvisor app and it seemed like it was a decent place to stay. The young man at the front desk was very polite and friendly. As far as the hotel, wow, what a complete dump! The hallways are smelly and the carpet was so uneven that 2 of us actually tripped in the hall. Our room was the size of a small closet and smelled even worse. Everything was dirty and dingy looking, definitely not clean. The beds were small and extremely uncomfortable, terribly rough, cheap linens. The walls and doorway were so thin, we could hear every single word people said as they walked pass our room. I was the only one to take a shower in the morning, my husband and kids just couldn't bring themselves to actually get in to the shower it was so dirty looking.

We ate at the hotel restaurant; the waitress was terrific, but the wait was ridiculously long even though there was only one other couple in the place. The food was hot, but greasy. I would not recommend bothering to eat here.

Overall, the place is just a dump and I would recommend passing this place right up. Since we stayed there based on the overall rating of this hotel on tripadvisor, I'm astounded how bad this place really is!

Room Tip: Tip to a good room? Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank edwardNsandra
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear edwardNsandra,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I am concerned to read that your experience was not what you expected. I apologize for our level of cleanliness didn't live up to your expectations and deeply regret the poor experience and service issues you had during your stay.

Your comments are very important as we rely on you, our valued guest to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Redeemed rewards points for a two night stay. Wish I hadn't wasted 20,000 points on this hotel. Was a major disapointment. We always stay at holiday inns & thought this would be no different from the other wonderful ones. It had an odor, the carpet in the downstairs hallway was bunchedup in the middle causing my to trip. The key card readers would only work if you slid the card slowly. The alternate entrance didn't work so we had to walk around to get back in. At check in, the room I reserved wasn't available. Had to take a different room. There were dirty spots on the comforter & splattered vomit on the wall in the bathroom. The wallpaper was peeling back at the seems. There was a good 2" gap under the door, had to roll up a towel to hide the crack. Very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Angie M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Angie M,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member.

Connie D