FairBridge Inn & Suites
US$82
US$77
US$92
US$87
Econo Lodge Cartersville(Cartersville)(Great Value!)
US$76
Motel 6
Budgetel Cartersville(Cartersville)
US$45
Hotwire.com
All reviewsin house restaurantan older hotelholiday inn expressstaff was friendlya great stayclean roomsfront desk clerkthe room was nicemini fridgestoppetsofafloridainterstateirmahurricane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Perfect clean rooms, smelled fresh, spotless. However the free continental breakfast was laughable. It was called a buffet in the book but frozen waffles and cereal isn't a buffet. We left and went to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Doxielvr3
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for many years going to and from Florida. I have always been very happy.....until last week. First, the desk clerk was pleasant, but untrained. It took 30 minutes to check in. I went to have dinner about 8:30 and was told the buffet had been taken down - despite the sign that advertised dinner was served until 10:00. And what's with a buffet? I called the desk to place a wake up call and no one ever answered. I finally walked down to reception and no one could be found? The hot breakfast has been discontinued and been replaced by a poor continental offering. The final indignity was lack of a replacement roll of toilet paper. Again, another trip to the front desk. At least, someone was finally there. Disgraceful! What has happened to my old standby?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Valerie W,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are happy to learn that our hotel location suited your travel needs.

I am sorry to hear the level of staff service and breakfast items did not exceed your expectations. I assure you the feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate department for necessary improvements.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This Holiday Inn is a bit dated and if not for the hefty discount I obtained through Priceline, my rating might have been a star lower. The Hotel is conveniently located right next to I-75 and made for a good overnight rest stop. It's a two story hotel with stairs only; keep that in mind if you heavy luggage or otherwise having difficulty climbing up stairs. The lobby and hallways looked in pretty good shape, and the room was decently appointed to include a fridge; the only detraction being that the carpets appeared to be in need of replacement or deep cleaning. As Tripadvisor rated the in-hotel cafe very poorly, I walked over to the adjacent Waffle House as there was little else close by. Oddly enough given it's rural location, there's a large science museum next to the Hotel but I didn't have time to check it out. Overall, I don't think this property is quite up to scratch for the Holiday Inn branding but was overall satisfied with my stay given the nearly half off discount that I got from Priceline.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We planned and prepared a couples' workshop for our nonprofit at this facility on April 26-27, 2014.

The issues and problems that we encountered were many. This is very unfortunate since we had stayed at that facility many times and we had been IHG Platinum and Gold Members for 10 years, spending thousands every year at the chain's various properties.

We were offered complimentary breakfast both days of the training. What they forgot to mention was now the hotel has 2 levels of breakfast, continental and hot breakfast. This was not like that in the past. Breakfast was complimentary, period, and it was a full, hot breakfast. On Saturday morning there was no milk, no juice, no yogurt and the few pastries available were stale. We had to buy and pay $8.95 per person plus tax and tip for our guests to eat. Same thing on Sunday. By the way on the IHG rewards page it states that the hotel has free breakfast, there is no mention of 2 different types of breakfast or anything like this. We stay at many, many IHG brand hotels during a year and we have never seen this double type of breakfast option. It is either free or there is a charge, period.

We were offered lunch for our guests for $13.95 per plate plus 18% service charge and a 7% sales tax. This price included one entrée, three sides, salad, rolls, water or tea and a dessert.

On Saturday we got chicken Alfredo, salad and a roll, water/tea. No dessert or additional sides. We had 2 people that step out of the event during lunch because of a family emergency. They came back just as we were done with lunch. I went back to the kitchen and asked for their plates and the banquet manager told me that there was no more food because she had made the exact number of plates that I had told her. I explained her that I told her 32 people but only 30 ate, because 2 were not there. She replied that there was no more food and that the kitchen was closed until 5:00 p.m. I had to personally drive several miles to get this couple food.

On Sunday, we were served a small (tiny) piece of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and peas. No salad, dessert or anything else. We had to buy snacks because most people were still hungry after lunch.

Then to my dismay they charged me the equivalent of $26.82 per person. Unbelievable!

Sad thing is that we have contacted both the management and the IHG Corporate office with no response.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BelisaU
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear BelisaU,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I waited nearly 2 weeks to write this review, hoping to receive from follow-up from the hotel management or IHG that would change my perspective. To this date, I have received no follow-up at all. The hotel accommodations are decent. They do need to upgrade their soft-goods in the guestrooms and most certainly need to replace the carpet (old, dingy and doesn't invite you to take your shoes off in the room). The housekeeping staff very friendly and accommodating and that's where the good news ends.

When I booked my reservations (2 rooms for a total of 6 nights between the 2) the rate stated that it included a full, hot breakfast buffet. I even called the hotel directly and it was confirmed that the rate include a FULL, HOT BREAKFAST AND NOT A CONTINENTAL. This was a BIG selling point. Unfortunately, when we arrived, we were provided a "continental" and told we could purchase breakfast buffet tickets for $8.95 per person. When I advised the front desk, and subsequently the F&B manager, Tiffany, they advised the breakfast was no longer offered as of April 1 and was no longer included. But my reservation was made back in mid-March and did state that it was included at that time. I received no notice from the hotel about the change and essentially it was a "bait-n-switch" move. I complained and advised both rooms were entitled to the coupons and I expected them to be provided and would like to speak with the Manager On Duty.

Guess what? There is no Manager On Duty. Period! Apparently, this is one of the few properties that exist without someone of management level being required to be onsite or otherwise able to be contacted should there be a problem. I was told that I would have to wait until 3pm the following day to speak with the GM and there was no one else on property who was the Manager On Duty once she was gone for the day. When I called IHG Guest Relations, they then contacted the hotel directly. The F&B Manager happened to stop by the hotel and was given an update by the front desk of my displeasure and the call from IHG. This person has no business being in a customer-service position. She was confrontational from the beginning, does not know how to speak with customers, was insulting and actually accused me of lying. After much back and forth, I did get tickets enough tickets to cover the remainder of the stay for one of the rooms (this is what I requested - 1 room was senior citizens, which is why the breakfast was a necessity for them; it was too much trouble to get tickets for my room too). I never heard from the GM (perhaps she was not advised of the situation but when corp gets involved you would think there would be a report to her), and have requested follow-up from corporate specifically about F&B manager and inappropriate response from her. Again, I still received nothing, even though I completed the online survey they emailed me following my visit.

Oh, here's a funny note: they even had a sign in the hallway that toted their "hot, breakfast buffet" included with your room. Maybe removing the sign wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear plan4itnow,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M