“Needs improvement.”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
West palm
“Needs improvement.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This Holliday Inn needs several improvements.
1. Elevators - carrying several pieces of luggage up small stair wells was difficult even for a healthy person.

2. The so called breakfast was a joke. They have a restaurant that obviously does not get any other business so they offer crap for the free one in the hopes that residents will buy the $10.00 per person breakfast.

The rooms where clean and the staff friendly but you could tell they are tired of answering the same questions all the time.

Would only use for one night stay.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear WPBREF S,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you had with the room you received. We also regret you found the breakfast served during your stay less than satisfactory.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here on our way to Florida. Check-in went fairly smooth and the little restaurant was able to accommodate our fairly large group-10. But I will not stay at this hotel ever again. Upon entering our room everyone prepped for bed. The room seemed fairly clean, just a little outdated. The next morning while everyone was getting up we noticed a huge yellow stain on lower end of top sheet. I reported it to the desk staff and they actually asked if we noticed it the night before. I told her had we noticed we would not have stayed in that room. Dirty linens is unacceptable!! No excuse for not having clean beds! All she could do was credit the room $10, because there was no manager on duty. I actually tried contacting the manager thru email with my complaint and they could not even take the time to respond. Sad to say it will make me thing twice because of dirty linens and poor customers service due to a complaint... I'm shocked a Manager would not respond.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mb1019
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Mb1019,

Connie D
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Cartersville hotels

Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For the final night of a 10-day roadtrip, my travel buddy and I thought we'd like to treat ourselves to a better quality hotel than we'd been using during the trip (traveling with an 80-pound golden retriever limits your options). We searched for pet-friendly hotels north of Atlanta on I-75, coming up with this Holiday Inn franchise. We didn't do any more research, relying on the reputation of the brand, and made a reservation for that night. In hindsight, we sure wish we'd read the reviews on this site, because we would have stayed somewhere else. Upon arrival, it took over 30 minutes to check in, because although the desk clerk found our reservation, the computer wouldn't let her check us in. Eventually she called for help, but no one came. Finally in desperation, she assigned us a room, and said she would complete the check-in process later. Unfortunately, when we entered the room, it was already occupied by another guest. So we trudged back to the front desk, and the clerk tried again to check us in. Finally, another clerk arrived, and together they realized that the reservations clerk had made the reservation for the wrong night. After another 15 more minutes of dithering, we were finally checked in and assigned a new room. After dragging our stuff and the dog up to the 2nd floor (no elevator), we found a decent room that met our expectations -- clean linens and relatively spacious. We tried to call the attached restaurant on the house phone -- to find out if they would do take-out -- but the house phone was dead, and we couldn't find a telephone number for the place. We went for ice, so we could have a (by this time) much-needed drink, but the ice machine on our floor was broken. We then -- belatedly -- looked up this place on TripAdvisor, and realized that the next morning, we wouldn't be getting the free full hot breakfast that had been advertised. So for dinner we got takeout from the only other restaurant nearby (Waffle House), and for breakfast the next day, we hit the road for the nearest McDonalds. So much for trying to go a little more upscale! We were relying on the Holiday Inn brand for a good experience, a good night's rest and a good hot breakfast. We will admit to getting a good night's sleep, but otherwise were very disappointed. Holiday Inn can do better.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Balkansinger
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Balkansinger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. It’s nice to know that after some initial issues with your stay, these were soon sorted out and allowed you to have a good night’s sleep. On the other hand, I apologize that the in-room telephone and ice machine were a let down during your stay. We always seek to ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable which is why your feedback is highly appreciated. We will focus on the issues you have raised to improve guest satisfaction. Should your future travels bring you back to the area, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Sidney, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Perfect clean rooms, smelled fresh, spotless. However the free continental breakfast was laughable. It was called a buffet in the book but frozen waffles and cereal isn't a buffet. We left and went to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Doxielvr3
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel for many years going to and from Florida. I have always been very happy.....until last week. First, the desk clerk was pleasant, but untrained. It took 30 minutes to check in. I went to have dinner about 8:30 and was told the buffet had been taken down - despite the sign that advertised dinner was served until 10:00. And what's with a buffet? I called the desk to place a wake up call and no one ever answered. I finally walked down to reception and no one could be found? The hot breakfast has been discontinued and been replaced by a poor continental offering. The final indignity was lack of a replacement roll of toilet paper. Again, another trip to the front desk. At least, someone was finally there. Disgraceful! What has happened to my old standby?

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Valerie W,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are happy to learn that our hotel location suited your travel needs.

I am sorry to hear the level of staff service and breakfast items did not exceed your expectations. I assure you the feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate department for necessary improvements.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Best Regards,

John O
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This Holiday Inn is a bit dated and if not for the hefty discount I obtained through Priceline, my rating might have been a star lower. The Hotel is conveniently located right next to I-75 and made for a good overnight rest stop. It's a two story hotel with stairs only; keep that in mind if you heavy luggage or otherwise having difficulty climbing up stairs. The lobby and hallways looked in pretty good shape, and the room was decently appointed to include a fridge; the only detraction being that the carpets appeared to be in need of replacement or deep cleaning. As Tripadvisor rated the in-hotel cafe very poorly, I walked over to the adjacent Waffle House as there was little else close by. Oddly enough given it's rural location, there's a large science museum next to the Hotel but I didn't have time to check it out. Overall, I don't think this property is quite up to scratch for the Holiday Inn branding but was overall satisfied with my stay given the nearly half off discount that I got from Priceline.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We planned and prepared a couples' workshop for our nonprofit at this facility on April 26-27, 2014.

The issues and problems that we encountered were many. This is very unfortunate since we had stayed at that facility many times and we had been IHG Platinum and Gold Members for 10 years, spending thousands every year at the chain's various properties.

We were offered complimentary breakfast both days of the training. What they forgot to mention was now the hotel has 2 levels of breakfast, continental and hot breakfast. This was not like that in the past. Breakfast was complimentary, period, and it was a full, hot breakfast. On Saturday morning there was no milk, no juice, no yogurt and the few pastries available were stale. We had to buy and pay $8.95 per person plus tax and tip for our guests to eat. Same thing on Sunday. By the way on the IHG rewards page it states that the hotel has free breakfast, there is no mention of 2 different types of breakfast or anything like this. We stay at many, many IHG brand hotels during a year and we have never seen this double type of breakfast option. It is either free or there is a charge, period.

We were offered lunch for our guests for $13.95 per plate plus 18% service charge and a 7% sales tax. This price included one entrée, three sides, salad, rolls, water or tea and a dessert.

On Saturday we got chicken Alfredo, salad and a roll, water/tea. No dessert or additional sides. We had 2 people that step out of the event during lunch because of a family emergency. They came back just as we were done with lunch. I went back to the kitchen and asked for their plates and the banquet manager told me that there was no more food because she had made the exact number of plates that I had told her. I explained her that I told her 32 people but only 30 ate, because 2 were not there. She replied that there was no more food and that the kitchen was closed until 5:00 p.m. I had to personally drive several miles to get this couple food.

On Sunday, we were served a small (tiny) piece of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and peas. No salad, dessert or anything else. We had to buy snacks because most people were still hungry after lunch.

Then to my dismay they charged me the equivalent of $26.82 per person. Unbelievable!

Sad thing is that we have contacted both the management and the IHG Corporate office with no response.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BelisaU
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear BelisaU,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.